• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline officially announced (Visceral, new series, MP/SP, Fall 2014)

_woLf

This has huuuuge potential. Hoping for the best.

Sounds like a mix of Rainbow Six, SWAT and Counter Strike. Sign me up.

legacyzero

Banned
Gonna wait for the conference to judge this one. They better have their act together, server-wise for this one, or they're gonna burn A LOT of bridges.

d0nnie

Banned
Hmm, if its anything like BF4 (bugs excluded) but a different theme....I'm all in. BF4 when working is a hell of a game.

This gonna be made by DICE? Battlefield 4 was fun, despite all network glitches. The premise of this one sounds good also so I'm in.

Nokterian

This gonna be made by DICE? Battlefield 4 was fun, despite all network glitches. The premise of this one sounds good also so I'm in.

Visceral not DICE. Like i said in the other thread..very very skeptical about this after the mess of BF4 they damaged the brand as a whole for me.

Iacobellis

Why did I think EA was going to a three year cycle with their FPSes?

2014: Titanfall
2015: Battlefront (3)
2016: Battlefield 5

Hmm. But I guess waiting till 2017 to release the next Titanfall would be a serious drought for those who want the Titanfall sequel on the PS4.

Who said TF2 wouldn't be out until then? DICE aren't even developing it.

EmpReb

Banned
They've already said they plan to rotate BF, TF, and Battlefront. Next year is probably going to be all about Battlefront.
IF this is their plan... This really could be good for Other games DICE wants to do on the side and for the BF franshice. Its needs a freaking break from two modern Mainline titles back to back.

Vidpixel

As I said in the other thread, the concept of cops and robbers being the main focus sounds incredibly promising. I just really hope the campaign is a vast improvement over Battlefield 4 and the server side of things isn't complete anarchy at launch.

RoKKeR

Such a late reveal for a BF game, and I'm still skeptical as to how they will make this compelling.

And after BF4 I don't know I'm all that interested in purchasing a BF game this year.

Caramello

I'm going to be in the minority but I'm unbelievably hyped for this. I picked up bf4 and a PS4 about 3 weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving it.

Hmmm, not sure if I'll bite. Never played Dead Space, but the games were highly regarded so I'll see how they end up. Hopefully they keep the gameplay Battlefield is known for.

They helped with BF4, they know ow how to make a Battlefield game.

Im really hoping that this ends up being something along the lines of Rainbow Six, but Im expecting it to basically be a full game around the "close quarters" expansions, or in other words, COD.

It's about as likely to closely resemble Klonoa as it is Rainbow Six. This will be the same loud dumb game that sold 20 million copies in BF3 and a little less than that in BF4. Hopefully Visceral manage to make a good campaign at least, as DICE are just terrible at making a good campaign.

I wonder if the "I'm never buying an EA game again" people will buy this after BF4.

EA are estimating 6 million sales from this, but I think that's a very conservative expectation on their part. I reckon it'll do 10+ million sales, like Bad Company 2 before it.

It's about as likely to closely resemble Klonoa as it is Rainbow Six. This will be the same loud dumb game that sold 20 million copies in BF3 and a little less than that in BF4. Hopefully Visceral manage to make a good campaign at least, as DICE are just terrible at making a good campaign.

EA are estimating 6 million sales from this, but I think that's a very conservative expectation on their part. I reckon it'll do 10+ million sales, like Bad Company 2 before it.

I'll take loud and dumb cops and robbers if they can make the teamwork meaningful.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Coming this Fall, Single-Player confirmed.

Until then, Visceral Games' Steve Papoutsis stated that Hardline will be "a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love - the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals." Papoutsis noted that they're adding "new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer" while creating a single-player mode as well.

http://www.destructoid.com/battlefield-hardline-coming-this-fall-reveal-at-e3-275463.phtml

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Ive been lucky with battefield :)

Bf , bf2, Bf: BCbf3, and bf4 have ran smoothly for me. I will probably check this one out as well.

EmpReb

Banned
Is it bad that I'm hyped for this purely because DICE isn't developing it?
No its not and on top of that they will probaly just be using BF4 Frostbite so no need to even make a engine at the same time as the game. Unlike what DICE was trying make a game and engine...... on 5 freaking platforms at once.

Not DICE but visceral developing will hold my interest. Really need a demo of this game to determine my hype level. Definitely not a fan of yearly battlefields though.

How is BF4 doing vs bf3 sales wise? Anyone know?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You think so? The movie is out around Christmas though... Would be better to launch in November for marketing synergy methinks, but them I suppose well be hearing about SW almost every week next year (you know, with actual news), so it doesn't really matter.

Will probably be a May game now that I'm thinking about it.

Yeah, if they're showing it at E3, I see no reason to rule that out.

I was actually thinking Battlefront in September so it can benefit from a holiday boost when the movies come out.

It was originally targeted for Summer 2015 so it should be further along than Battlefield 5.

Ominym

Banned
I feel like an asshole for punishing another developer because they're making a different game in a poisoned franchise. But I cannot bring myself to buy this on day one. Not again. My trust now has to be earned with the Battlefield series.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. But I'm not going to fork my money over so easily after last time.

LowerLevel

If they were smart they'd have a 3 year plan with Visceral this year, A Bad Company next year and Dice mainline BF5 the year after that. Basically a similar situation I would hope MS would try with Forza...

Either way, I'm looking forward to this version of BF. Sounds like a different dynamic, I hope it works out.

I feel like an asshole for punishing another developer because they're making a different game in a poisoned franchise. But I cannot bring myself to buy this on day one. Not again. My trust now has to be earned with the Battlefield series.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. But I'm not going to fork my money over so easily after last time.

It doesn't hurt the developer much at all if you wait a week or two for reviews before buying it. What hurts is not buying it at all, or buying it used.

Top Bottom