• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield to be adapted for TV

From THR:

Paramount Television and Anonymous Content are heading for the battlefield.

The two entities are teaming to bring Electronic Arts' popular video game franchise Battlefield to the small screen, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The two companies have optioned the rights to the game from DICE and EA, with Michael Sugar and Ashley Zalta set to exec produce.

The Battlefield series is a multiplayer game that features wars across land, sea and air. The Battlefield franchise has amassed more than 60 million players worldwide since debuting in 2002, and boasts a highly engaged audiences across its multiple titles. Since its 2002 launch, the franchise has featured 11 games and 12 expansion packs. The new Battlefield debuts in October.

The deal expands Paramount TV's relationship with Anonymous Content, the latter of which has a first-look pact with the studio. A network for Battlefield is not yet attached, though Anonymous Content's deal is for broadcast, premium cable, cable and streaming. It marks both companies first foray into programming based on a video game franchise.

More here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...lgoldberg&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_livefeed

Could be interesting. Depends what angle they approach it from.

Heroman

Banned
Will the show be about that dude who take the chopper just so he can get to highest tower and snipe for the entire match and get no kills while doing it?

Falchion

Seems weird since Battlefield is just a blank slate. There's not really series established characters or consistent conflicts. Just buying the brand recognition I guess.

One based on Bad Company could be pretty cool. And it'd be different from most other war TV shows that are almost always super serious.

Neoxon

Battlefield Friends pls?

Though seriously, Bad Company.

badCompany-825x466.png

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I look forward to the scene where 10 people rush towards a plane and the guy who gets in then immediately crashes it.

Warxard

Banned

Jackpot

Banned
A network for Battlefield is not yet attached, though Anonymous Content's deal is for broadcast, premium cable, cable and streaming. It marks both companies first foray into programming based on a video game franchise.

Probably nothing will come of it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I really identified with Recker, he had a ton of personality, which is why he was team leader in BF4. He should be the main protagonist.
/s pls be like BF friends.i know it won't be I can dream

Carn82

We do live in a world where there is a movie trilogy about Tetris is in production, I guess Battlefield makes slightly more sense.

xealo

Could be interesting if done right, shows like Band Of Brothers or The Pacific are great in large part due to HBO production values.

Top Bottom