• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield to be adapted for TV

mr stroke

Will the show be about that dude who take the chopper just so he can get to highest tower and snipe for the entire match and get no kills while doing it?

no, it will be about the dude that keeps trying to fly the chopper and crashes over and over again

Stiler

I really don't see how this is going to work unless they have a decent budget.

Band of Brothers style would work best (following a group of people over the course of a war) but HBO this isn't so yeah.

Also what game or setting would it be about? The battlefield series isn't that accurate , especially BF1. If they made a ww1 series but actually went for a more historically accurate approach I'd love that, but I have a feeling they won't. It's far easier to just "wing it" and make it a fictional modern/near-future setting like bf3/4.

Cynn

If this is a dark comedy based on Bad Company it will absolutely do amazing. If this is some generic war show then they wasted money on the BF trademark.

Blam

Yeah hopefully this means, its a Bad Company adaptation, and it launches along side a new Bad Company game.

If it's a bad company tv show I'm all in but anything other than that and I can't do it.

Bad Company is pretty much the only Battlefield game that had memorable characters and they also lasted more than one game.

What the fuck is unique at all about the series that will translate to television narrative? It takes place during war, across several theaters?

Whyyyyyyyyyyy

We really need another show on the level of Band of Brothers or The Pacific.

W4vmk8u.jpg
better than The Pacific, though still not anywhere near as good as Band of Brothers

Well, Tom Hanks and Speilberg just finished filming another mini series that follows a squadron of pilots during WWII.

has there really been an update on this? i haven't heard anything about it for at least a year

Keasar

“Battlefield has a tremendous built-in, engaged fan base, making it a highly coveted piece of IP primed for long-form adaptation. Together with EA and Paramount TV, we’ll develop the Battlefield TV series with the same commitment to robust storytelling that has made the game such a runaway success for nearly 15 years.”
rgufUDU.png

WHAT!?

Each episode is 30 seconds long and starts with a title screen. The screen reveals an actor standing on the edge of a battlefield. He takes 3 steps and is then sniped by someone from across the map. Fade to black.

nOoblet16

This is such a generic idea, Battlefield has no defining characteristics (outside of the gameplay which is based around large scale warfare) as such it can be anything.

You take a war movie/TV show from any of the wars, slap the name BF to it and make a TV show out of it and it'll be done.

Edit: A Bad Company TV show based around dark humour could work though due to its small scale and more personal approach.

Newlove

Can't really see how a TV show will have any connection with the games that hardly have a strong and memorable set of characters but we'll see. Unless they take on Bad Company. If they don't take on any characters its just a war TV show with the Battlefield name.

Keasar

Not gonna happen.

Ever.

As much as we want to.

EA is too mainstream and DICE have no idea how they did it and a TV producer who calls the story "robust" in the Battlefield series "15 years of history" just talked out of his ass which is where his show will come out of.

Well, I hope the writing is better than the last few games. Of all the EA brands they chose to adapt it's a shame they're going with this and not, say, Dead Space, Mass Effect or even Mirror's Edge. Mass Effect would be so awesome as a Game of Thrones-style big budget 10 episode season, but it would need a very large budget in order to be done justice.

Top Bottom