• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield V — Official Firestorm Reveal Trailer (Battle Royale)

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'd like to see some real gameplay, that was an overproduced music video.

Woo-Fu

Banned
won't make a dent on Fortnite or Apex.

You must have a crystal ball to predict a mode for a $60 game that was poorly received won't make a dent in the two free2play games dominating the genre.

Maybe you'll really go out on a limb and tell us the sun will rise tomorrow for your next prediction. :)

Last edited:

GenericUser

I predict dice shits out this mode and leaves it out there to die with little to no mid- and long-term support. They know that they won't have a chance against the established BR crew, but they couldn't just NOT release firestorm because it was promised to release somewhere down the road.

DonF

Too late, DICE.

Also, lol at the fucking inconsequential trailer, not one woman in it. Guess that you are a white knight until your game goes to shit.

Sales are low, gotta drop my ethical act!

cryptoadam

Banned
Can't watch now, but is this different from the video I posted?

Watch the video I posted in my thread, its the "training" video you can watch before the modes from the actual game.

Firestorm looks good to me and I am not a huge BR fan. They actually seemed to have put some work into it and made it different from the base game. I really thought it would just be like final stand (which is super rare to play in the base game).

Welp I already own the game so I will play this. If you don't own the game I don't see how this will compel anyone to go out and put down 60$ bucks(or 30$ or whatever discounted price you can get it at) when you have free options out there.

AJ Gaming

Neo Member
This is looking very good. EA are doing great now. Apex and if this can be as good as it look like it is it is going to be a good year for EA

Iorv3th

Is this still going to require you to own BF5 or will it be free to play or something you can buy separately? The friends I play with don't have BF5 and we play Apex. If they could try it out for free or cheap I could see them getting it.

I will try it out since I already have BF5 installed but it's going to be hard to get away from Apex just as the battle pass is dropping on that.

Last edited:
first BR game with good Grafik, physics and destruction on the market + 60fps for consoles and good server tickrate.

I'm hyped.

ultrazilla

Give me more conquest maps

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

The small amount of maps imo kills the game. I'm tired of playing the same maps over and over. When the "newest" Panzerfaust map came
out, I made sure to play that a lot because it was new and grew tired of that one. The "slow drip" Dice/EA are doing to keep the "free content"
coming is nothing more than punishment on their player base who appreciated substantial content/map pack releases on previous battlefields.

I know the "splitting of the online community" is an issue with these type of games but what EA and Dice are doing here is trying to kill off
people wanting free content and basically beg for microtransactions/season passes to get better maps and more frequent content drops.

cryptoadam

Banned
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

The small amount of maps imo kills the game. I'm tired of playing the same maps over and over. When the "newest" Panzerfaust map came
out, I made sure to play that a lot because it was new and grew tired of that one. The "slow drip" Dice/EA are doing to keep the "free content"
coming is nothing more than punishment on their player base who appreciated substantial content/map pack releases on previous battlefields.

I know the "splitting of the online community" is an issue with these type of games but what EA and Dice are doing here is trying to kill off
people wanting free content and basically beg for microtransactions/season passes to get better maps and more frequent content drops.

Its because the community couldn't stop bitching about the premium pass. Premium pass brought so much value and was worth the price. The only thing DICE needed to do was have the match making match people up with other season pass holders so you could get into servers with ALL MAPS. They did this with BF1 where you could just chose any operation and you would get put into an all maps server.

I would trade this tides of war crap for a premium pass in a minute. BF1 was pretty good with allowing friends to play on the maps, and having mulitple free weekends. And TBH the longer you play the game the more likely it is that the people still playing are hardcore enough to have bought the Premium pass.

I would take a split community, but having 16-20 new maps, mulitple new vehicles, 10-20 new weapons, new gadgets, and even new PERMANENT modes.

Ivellios

Because it is popular. Like WoW, like CoD, like Minecraft, like League and now it's BR turn.

I see, well there will be always more popular genres, i dont have anything against them personally as long as devs keep lauching games in the genres i like as well.

''Free content'' as their selling point at the end of the vid, as if the vanilla game was jam packed with contents and we are getting even more for free.

Calibos

Large map
Beautiful Frostbite visuals
Smooth Battlefield gameplay
Destruction
Vehicles

Looks fucking great! Destruction should add some serious fun to this game. Excited to try it out after putting in 200 hours in PubG and 100 hours into Apex...need some new BR blood.

cryptoadam

Banned
FYI youtubers are playing this as far as I know at an event. So expect plenty of gameplay video to start popping up in the next few days.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I predict dice shits out this mode and leaves it out there to die with little to no mid- and long-term support. They know that they won't have a chance against the established BR crew, but they couldn't just NOT release firestorm because it was promised to release somewhere down the road.
Nice hot take but Dice didn't make this...

-MD-

Anyone else completely skim through these non-gameplay trailers? I watched about 4 seconds of that.

Waste of time and money.

manfestival

Not really impressed... which is a shame. Like I really love the gunplay of BF5... I think I have 75 hours into the game but just feel a sense of disappointment in the whole game. Still find myself going back to BF1 from time to time BUT the hero classes(if you will) in the game really turn me off. I don't mind behemoths but those super kits are really annoying. BF1 does more right than wrong, can't say the same about bf5 BUT the gameplay is MUCH MUCH better to me in bf5. Sigh

PaNaMa

Banned
Cautiously optimistic. I'd have liked to see some more "real" gameplay than the staged trailer "moments".
I already own the game, so I'm looking forward to trying it

Shmunter

Game will live and die by 2 factors. It must be great, it must consistently show up on twitch and YouTube.

I’ve been waiting for this as the destruction is unique to the genre. Looking forward to trying it.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Don't hate the trailer and will commend them on getting it right after launch with this one. Still Vietnam trailer holds a special place in my heart.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I thought the same once, but Apex is actually a really fun BR game.

And why is it cancer? As long as they dont stop making good single player games more options is always good.

Well, as I said before ... Apex Legend is an exception, because I really like the voice acting and the gameplay. I mentioned that it is a cancer due to the fact that there are videogames that deserve a lot of attention and artistic style, but unfortunately the users of Fortnite or PUBG have them stuck with their games that are garbage, in addition to the bad way that games are copying mode, for example Red dead Redemption 2

My main concern is that users are not allowed to explore other alternatives

Last edited:

zulix

Neo Member
Is this still going to require you to own BF5 or will it be free to play or something you can buy separately? The friends I play with don't have BF5 and we play Apex. If they could try it out for free or cheap I could see them getting it.

I will try it out since I already have BF5 installed but it's going to be hard to get away from Apex just as the battle pass is dropping on that.

You need to own BF5 to play

Top Bottom