• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield V $29.99 @ Target

-MD-

I have Origin Premiere and I've been playing this game a lot.

Edit: my post seems to have upset someone.
I have Origin Premiere and I haven’t even played this game yet
Do you usually private message people with gif responses and then lock the conversations? Pretty weird.

Last edited:
I memba when games were about competing for who could make the best product customers want to buy, not who can have the biggest price cut in the shortest time.

Damn Square, Bethesda and EA.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I memba when games were about competing for who could make the best product customers want to buy, not who can have the biggest price cut in the shortest time.

Damn Square, Bethesda and EA.

It's a bunch of factors. With BF and F76 the pubs severely overestimated what their market would bear while severely underestimating how long it would take their developers to produce a polished product. With F76 that mean a buggy mess that almost nobody wants---even when it does work and with BFV it means a game too similar in setting to the previous game while releasing without some key pieces of content.

BFV will eventually be a great game. F76 will never be anything other than a trainwreck best viewed briefly, from a distance..

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Ouch.
Sucks for EA but good for the consumer.

Maybe they won’t attack their player base next time.

Would this fall into the play stupid games win stupid prizes category? These companies need to stop trying to cram agendas into their games and get back to just making games.

WAScohf

Neo Member
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I cannot post new messages just yet.

I have a dilemma: I saw this game for $29.99 and bought it. I like the franchise enough and have been playing for a few years. Problem is I absolutely HATE the direction DICE & EA took with this game. Politically and game design choices.

My dilemma is: should I keep the damn game since it was only $29.99? I hate knowing I'm giving these a-holes (IMO) my money but am a sucker for new gaming experiences. For reference I still have BF1 I didn't really play but am also a sucker for the newest ish. What should I do? (Some say BF1 is better than V; others say V is way better than 1)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I have a dilemma: I saw this game for $29.99 and bought it. I like the franchise enough and have been playing for a few years. Problem is I absolutely HATE the direction DICE & EA took with this game. Politically and game design choices.

My dilemma is: should I keep the damn game since it was only $29.99? I hate knowing I'm giving these a-holes (IMO) my money but am a sucker for new gaming experiences. For reference I still have BF1 I didn't really play but am also a sucker for the newest ish. What should I do? (Some say BF1 is better than V; others say V is way better than 1)

The question I think ultimately comes down to, what do you value more... what you stand for, or playing something because of the 'latest' pressure when in the back of your mind you will not feel 100% kosher with it?

If you do not have BF1, or if you do and have not really played it, it is still alive and well, so maybe just stick with that and save the $30 and feel good about your stance at the end of the day.

Codes 208

I have a $20 gift card so I can’t say I’m not tempted to play this on my X.

But this really is the one shooter I think I could miss and not care (besides battlefront 2, which, surprise, guess who also made that pos.)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

It’s still too early. The fan base got so disambiguated over the politics which were just sprinkled in.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

It’s a disappointing game, but a good buy @ $30. I got enough playtime out of it so far to justify the cost.

Texas Pride

Banned
I'm sure EA is rushing frantically to push out the next BF game in a modern setting if for no other reason than to get the stink off from BF5. We'll see if they learned any lessons from all this shit. Even at $29.99 I'm not buying it. The rumor they're gearing up to promote a new in game currency has me even less interested. They figure if they Bomba the price they'll make it back in micro transactions to at least break even. Best of luck with that.

Nydus

Gold Member
Grabbed it for 30€ of origin and I really like it :) I usually don't play BF but for a light round of TDM its fun so far. :)

egocrata

Banned
All top EA games get the same price cut after Christmas every year (and $40 sales for Black Friday), and people always call bomba when they are not. This is the usual sale to catch people that got gift cards on Christmas, nothing more.

Not defending BF V, which I found quite boring so far. Will let my Origin sub lapse soon.

Aintitcool

Banned
"We need to tell our investors we sold this mutch!" Bomba scenario, wait until February 20 bucks for sure. Probably gonna give out PC versions.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
All top EA games get the same price cut after Christmas every year (and $40 sales for Black Friday), and people always call bomba when they are not. This is the usual sale to catch people that got gift cards on Christmas, nothing more.

Not defending BF V, which I found quite boring so far. Will let my Origin sub lapse soon.

It’s been $30 everywhere since one week after release.

Hissing Sid

Plenty of copies of this game going on the FB selling pages. Unwanted Xmas gifts apparently. One of my mates had it up for £20 sealed. I actually considered it for a mo but then came to my senses, no way was I gonna bite for a measly twenty quid.

Nope, you want me to take this game off your hands? Well that’s gonna cost you a minimum of fifty pounds matey boy.

WAScohf

Neo Member
Thanks for the feedback guys. Game is GOING BACK!

EA & DICE aren't going to see a cent of my money. (Was a stupid impulse buy) ... $30 normally is a steal for a new release, but it's the principle of humility those arrogant f-tards need to learn before anything else. I hope someone from EA sees this thread.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Game is GOING BACK!

EA & DICE aren't going to see a cent of my money. (Was a stupid impulse buy) ... $30 normally is a steal for a new release, but it's the principle of humility those arrogant f-tards need to learn before anything else. I hope someone from EA sees this thread.

Im proud of you son.

#NotMyBattlefield

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Im Here with same dilemma

I got a coupon of 20% Discount.

What did you recommend?

Used in Shadow of the Colossus and A hat in time

Used in Resonance of fate HD

Or Battlefield V ( Only for multiplayer) ?

Expired tomorrow

Last edited:
Im Here with same dilemma

I got a coupon of 20% Discount.

What did you recommend?

Used in Shadow of the Colossus and A hat in time

Used in Resonance of fate HD

Or Battlefield V ( Only for multiplayer) ?

Expired tomorrow
When I see A Hat in Time, I recommend A Hat in Time.
DOWN WITH THE MAFIA!

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I know right, Call Of Duty Black Ops 4 and Assassins Creed Odyssey also on sale.....wait I wonder what they did? /s

Major difference between a game that went on sale a week after launch and games that went on sale nearly a month post launch. BFV has been almost on a continuous sale since then. It isn't doing well, that is clear for anyone - even fanboys to see.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Agreed. Based on this logic, all major games must have failed this fall lol

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-super-smash-bros-ultimate-deal-47-99/

that was before the game officially came out too, so must have failed /s

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DKYN13M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

WOOOOOOOW must have failed big time, easily must be the worst selling AC for them to have it on sale /s

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/assassins-creed-odyssey-launch-sales-record

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-2-deals-black-friday-best-places-to-buy-t/1100-6463318/

Whats that? Red Dead 2 for $45 so soon after release? Must mean it failed bro, games only go on sale if they failed, R.I.P Rockstar /s

Top Bottom