• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield V Reveal Event Discussion Thread

TheZink

Please give me some Bad Company Charm. Thats all I ask for. I miss the lighthearted style of the Bad Co games.

Do we know for sure yet that its a sequel to 4 and not just another iteration since calling it BF2 would be dumb as hell since BF2 already exists?
Call it Battlefield II then lol. The roman numeral would separate it from Battlefield 2. Dice would have to wait awhile to release Battlefield III until there is a WW3

Last edited:

Diddy X

That is more likely a letter 'V' that stands for Victory or something like that, reason why they are not using a '5' instead.

Last edited:
PKLCjZF.jpg

This reveal event is horrible. I'm closing the stream and waiting until the trailer drops. I'll wait for someone to make a list of all the other announcements.

Calibos

I am not minding it...but I am working and listening to it in the background...I think if you listen to what they are saying, the game is sounding pretty sweet so far....Reveal trailer is coming up shortly.

Free maps
Free DLC

Last edited:

Aintitcool

Banned
This game has taken realism and said nah. Female soldiers and overtop action. BF1 was realistic. How are they throwing that out of the window?

Arthursw1

Adding a HUD to a cinematic trailer dosen´t make it gameplay, that didn´t look real at all, this reminds me of the Killzone PS3 reveal

Geki-D

Banned
When that artwork first leaked I was like; Huh, a white male character is the main artwork? Wait, isn't this an EA game? But yeah, they didn't stick with that. Predictable.

Also, totally legit gameplay trailer, guys.

Last edited:

Calibos

This game has taken realism and said nah. Female soldiers and overtop action. BF1 was realistic. How are they throwing that out of the window?

Adding a HUD to a cinematic trailer dosen´t make it gameplay, that didn´t look real at all, this reminds me of the Killzone PS3 reveal

I need to see actual gameplay before I decide that it isn't "real"

Also, I have questioned DICE's trailers before only to eat a huge pile of crow...there games always look amazing.

They went full Killzone 2 with the trailer lolololol

It looks like they set themselves extremely low standards for this reveal, then failed to achieve them.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Its more or less like they did with the BF1 trailer of being in-engine. But Its DICE so Imagine the game is going to look pretty much more or less the same on PC, X and Pro

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned

Also, I have questioned DICE's trailers before only to eat a huge pile of crow...there games always look amazing.

Even if you assume the game's visuals are that good, the animations are a dead give away that wasn't really in-game. Not unless it's some sort of super advanced VR game.

To be fair to Sony, unless I'm remembering wrong, that Killzone trailer didn't actually have a HUD.

Last edited:

bosnianpie

It just felt...weird? Are they going for a serious WW2 game or just some FPS that uses weapons and vehicles from that era? These Battlefield games aren't for me anymore.

Calibos

Even if you assume the game's visuals are that good, the animations are a dead give away that wasn't really in-game. Not unless it's some sort of super advanced VR game.

To be fair to Sony, unless I'm remembering wrong, that Killzone trailer didn't actually have a HUD.

True and I agree that it was an "in Engine" ala Killzone.

Battlefield 1 looked like this on Ultra 2 years ago.

I think that the "gameplay" segments of that Battlefield V trailer will look pretty damn close to that but maybe without some of the post effects on top.

Last edited:

Arthursw1

I will be very happy to eat crow if they are able to take this to actual gameplay, i was saying that at first glance this didn´t look real, i hope that instead of talking they could just show actual gameplay

Calibos

I will be very happy to eat crow if they are able to take this to actual gameplay, i was saying that at first glance this didn´t look real, i hope that instead of talking they could just show actual gameplay

Agreed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom