• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BATTLEFIELD V Reveal set for the 23rd

-MD-

I seriously hope they ditch premium for good for this one. I saw no longevity in BF 1. At least make all maps free.

I bought two of those passes for me and a buddy a few months ago on PC and never once found a match in any of the new maps, we'd just load into empty rooms or with 1 person. Total waste of money.

If they charge for maps again I'm either avoiding the game entirely or absolutely never spending the money on them and sticking to the base game.

Last edited:

sunnz

I feel ww2 is as boring as future setting for me personally. On PC we have some great WW2 shooters is probably why,

Personally I want a 2001 to 2009 setting.
Or vietnam.

Codes 208

I too would prefer either modern or a ww2 setting. CoD did futuristic to death and now its just so stale. If i wanted to play futuristic, thats what titanfall, halo and star wars are for.

stranno

In my opinion Forgotten Hope 2 was the real Battlefield 2. No other Battlefield after the Traumagate's Desert Combat have been slightly as good as 1942 (well, may-be 1943).

So another WW2 game, properly done, without the Trauma crap, would be amazing.

I'd be happy with either a WWII setting or Bad Company 3. However, the color scheme of the title leads me to believe it will have a modern or even futuristic setting.

Shin

Banned
V for Victory - Winston Churchill (plus BF5 in this case).
23 May was the definitive end of WW2 in Europe, I like all these puzzels DICE got going.

nani17

are in a big trouble
It's rumored to be WWII and the next one is Vietnam but the V might be for Battlefield Vietnam

undead77

PC - We gotta get back community controlled servers, console players probably don't care one way or the other. This game kind of died off on PC, compared to Battlefield 4, because of all the features they stripped from the game. The current system in place is garbage for PC gamers.

A.Romero

PC - We gotta get back community controlled servers, console players probably don't care one way or the other. This game kind of died off on PC, compared to Battlefield 4, because of all the features they stripped from the game. The current system in place is garbage for PC gamers.

I'm with you. I'm a big fan since 1942 and didn't enjoy Bf1 that much. I have played maybe 40 hrs while I put 3 times that in BF4. I haven't launched 1 in the last six months, easily.

DonF

There was a time where every battlefield news got me hyped AF, but since bf3 I feel that everything has been disappointment. Bf3 was a buggy unbalanced mess, yet a good game underneath. BF4 was super buggy on ps4, full of blue screens of death, yet it looked awesome. Then hardline...and bf1...Downhill from BC2. I hope that this battlefield is back to the roots.

INC

As a console player I do care about community controlled servers, since I play and organise loads of platoon matches and it's still a nightmare, and still don't have full control over a server I paid for.......

I hope it's Vietnam, I want some boom boom.

But you know what seems like a really underutilized war for videos games? The Gulf War, not sure if it'd be a fit for the scale of a Battlefield game though.

INC

I hope it's Vietnam, I want some boom boom.

But you know what seems like a really underutilized war for videos games? The Gulf War, not sure if it'd be a fit for the scale of a Battlefield game though.

In doubt it'll be either, the description is "theatres of war", Vietnam and the gulf didn't have theatres of war, it was basically 1 location for both

ww2 had theatres like Africa, Europe and the Pacific, if that makes sense

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Kinda hope it is WW2. Battlefield and WW2 are made for each other. WW1 just doesn't have the weapons/equipment to make it fun and COD style is much better suited for modern/futuristic setting.

b0bbyJ03

After BF1 I'm hoping for something more modern. Doesn't have to be present day but I thought BF1 was so boring. The guns were not fun to use, and I really miss flying choppers. I'd be happy with Vietnam or later.

Top Bottom