• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront 2 Space Battle Ad (leaked)

The spaceship combat was so dull in the last game and felt just awful. Who played it and thought 'what this game needs is space battles'? (well I can answer my question... seems that MOST people want it in despite that for some reason)
Was the last Battlefront your first Battlefront? Space battles are a key thing it was missing.

Go Yoda!

79bd71d57d875933ed52c19d25892ff7.png
I'm Howard the Duck y'all!

TDLink

Anakin -- you already got Rey and Luke. It'd be redundant.

Obi-Wan -- Probably later on as free DLC, but again, he could be redundant given the other Jedi.

Plo Kloon --
giphy.gif

Who cares about redundancy. Most of the "Heroes" are going to be wielding lightsabers. that's just the way it is with this franchise. Just put them all in.

And Plo Koon is great and a significant part of TCW tv show. Meanwhile you have scrubs like Dengar and Bossk getting in. Yeah, that sure is better.

Van Bur3n

Anakin -- you already got Rey and Luke. It'd be redundant.

Obi-Wan -- Probably later on as free DLC, but again, he could be redundant given the other Jedi.

Plo Kloon --
giphy.gif

I only mentioned Anakin and Plo Koon as heroes for space battles. They think they could have just made them heroes only in space battles. Just saying, those two are probably the most appropriate heroes to have in those scenarios for the Clone Wars era. Yoda doesn't make a lick of sense at all. Just some more variety to have, different starfighters to pilot. Ones from the films to boot, not a made up one for Yoda.

And yeah, Plo Koon is one of the cooler Jedi from the Clone Wars era. Especially the role he played in finding Ahsoka.

Not hopeful since the actual combat probably won't have that sense of speed or maneuverability. Not sure if there's been a game that nails flight like that. I wish we would get a proper Warhawk.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I think I'm gonna wait for release on this one, I enjoyed Battlefront but it became pretty repetitious and dull thanks to the combat feeling less tactical and more "how many waves can we throw at the enemy before we win." I know that was the idea anyway but not my cup of tea.

Were there microtransactions or something in this as well? I can remember people getting angry at loot crates but can't recall.

Raide

I heard the controls will be way better for this but I found the previous mode super tedious, especially when they forced you to fly around before you can get on foot for staged missions.

Sure it's Starwars, so they need to have it in but I will be mostly ignoring the mode unless they do something really interesting in it.

Top Bottom