• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront Companion App/Website Out Now

Piccoro

Aug 30, 2013
Portugal
Thanks for the heads up. Installed on Android.

The web game during the beta was indeed addictive. I played all the levels at work, but couldn't finish the last level, the one that had you
fighting against Darth Vader.

Memory

Nov 19, 2014
Do i need the companion to unlock anything in game? Are their any benefits to using it?

DoublePayje

Banned
Mar 3, 2015
Would like to know this as well. Any benefits to the website or phone app?
You can play the minigame which gives you ingame-money. So if you want to spend big, you can fire up this base command thing and have some cash already at hand on launch.

ElzarTheBam

Feb 27, 2011
Durham
Do i need the companion to unlock anything in game? Are their any benefits to using it?
Would like to know this as well. Any benefits to the website or phone app?
Earn money for in game stuff, I've made about 1.5k credits, which is okay.

Also, when the game launches lets you see your progress and maybe more importantly do your load out stuff away from the game.

SG-17

Sep 15, 2013
I'll be saving up for that Shadowtrooper.

Also notice how the Cycler Rifle and Jumppack are how unlocked at level 13.

Milennia

Sep 25, 2013
Well the only customization head I wanted was the twilek, so it looks like I'll be sitting on 15k by the time I hit 50 lol

Jb

Oct 2, 2009
You can play as a Twi'lek or a shadow trooper? Neat. Only 11 blasters though...
I'll give the mini game a shot, if it allows me to unlock stuff a little faster why not.

j-wood

Aug 3, 2007
Oh wow. This app is legit. Pretty awesome you can play the base commander thing and get credits to use in battlefront.

Gothos

Sep 10, 2013
Poland
So wait, what I get for unlocking blasters and stuff? It's just to preview my customization options in Battlefront or what?

Tchetil

Feb 7, 2011
I'm addicted to Base Command hahahah. Just got all the stars on the first campaign :D
The customization options on the Empire side are strange. Faces? Are we gonna be helmetless stormtroopers?
Yeah, not sure if I like that.

Jan 29, 2012
Couple things I noticed right off the bat that is disappointing:

On the Empire side for customization you only have standard trooper scout trooper, dark trooper, and faces. Faces alone are bad enough, but then there's only 3 armor sets which is lacking. If people wanted faces they should of tired them to Imperial officer suits. Would of been nice to have pilot suits and engineer suits too.

In the rebel side, each alien race is restricted to one gender. Want to be a Twi'lek? Only option is female, for example.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Dec 3, 2007
Belgium
Couple things I noticed right off the bat that is disappointing:

On the Empire side for customization you only have standard trooper scout trooper, dark trooper, and faces. Faces alone are bad enough, but then there's only 3 armor sets which is lacking. If people wanted faces they should of tired them to Imperial officer suits. Would of been nice to have pilot suits and engineer suits too.

In the rebel side, each alien race is restricted to one gender. Want to be a Twi'lek? Only option is female, for example.
Do you really think they are going to let stormtroopers run around without a helmet? That would be really strange...

Also didn't know that you can't choose your gender (aside from humans), that's dissapointing.

Jan 29, 2012
Do you really think they are going to let stormtroopers run around without a helmet? That would be really strange...

Also didn't know that you can't choose your gender (aside from humans), that's dissapointing.
Going off of the companion app, both appear to be the case.

Tchetil

Feb 7, 2011
how'd you deal with the annoying boba fett mission?
The AT-AT doesn't join the fun until a few rounds into the match, so you can use the turret once at 3 or 5 power before it shows up. Don't use the turret to take out the AT-ATs protection, just use a speeder or whatever.
Other than that something as simple as remembering to us units with the squad leader perk to finish off enemies helps a lot.

5taquitos

Apr 8, 2014
Good to know that I don't have to spend much on Empire customization, as I will never rock a helmetless trooper.

Edit: I hope we get the option to force default models on the client end so i don't have to look at a bunch of helmetless stormtroopers running around.

SG-17

Sep 15, 2013
I don't see the problem people seem to have with seeing helmet-less stormtroopers. I doubt we'll see many of them, likely it will be mostly defaults until people get enough credit and rank for the scouts and shadows.

benicillin

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
I just want to say fuck these AT-STs with Ion weapons or respawns on these last couple levels in the companion game. Seriously I can't get 3 stars no matter how hard I try.

ChaosZeroX

Banned
Jan 5, 2015
Earn money for in game stuff, I've made about 1.5k credits, which is okay.

Also, when the game launches lets you see your progress and maybe more importantly do your load out stuff away from the game.
What do the credits do for you in game?

NearRivers

Apr 18, 2011
It looks like the Twi'lek head and Scout trooper helmet are rank 40 to 50 unlocks. Was hoping to use them early on as they're my favourites.

Napalm_Frank

Jun 27, 2011
Finland
Stormtroopers without helmets? eww.

I'd rather them come up with new designs or something. Hell, where is the Clone Trooper? Emperors guards? Anything but this!

wingedarcher7

Oct 28, 2015
This is really cool, I like it! The card game can actually be pretty difficult too. I'm going to try to see if I can three star all of it, but it seems like we can't do it all without having the game yet. Would love to play as that Scout Trooper too.

OfTheOverflow

Aug 18, 2015
Is there any way to actually destroy the AT-AT without using the 'next unit into base is destroyed' card? :p They're pretty well invincible against any flying vehicle I've learned.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jun 7, 2009
Wow. the customization options are completely pitiful. I had low expectations but this is so much below even what I expected. Just a bunch of generated faces and a handful of helmets total. No wonder they didn't want to talk about customization beforehand.

adj_noun

May 28, 2013
Siege 7 whooped me good.

Maaaaan, needing to use the heroes 20 times each to unlock 'em here feels like it'll take forever. ;_;

edit: Screw you, Fett.

excaliburps

Jun 28, 2011
Middle-Earth or Tatooine
twitter.com
Finished the entire eight levels and loved it. Haha! I wasn't able to sleep due to me tinkering with this on my phone.

So what's the max amount of credits can we earn? I'm at 1830 and want more. I tried replaying the missions but didn't give me anything.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be a lot of customization and even weapons and gear. I gather, we'll get more with the expansions? I just hope the gameplay and core mechanics are enough to keep me interested. I mean, I spent a lot of hours in the beta with just a handful of stuff, so I might be good. Heck, I mostly use a small number of weapons/gear in FPS' anyway. Not defending Battlefront, since the content should be more due to it being multiplayer only, but that's my personal preference.

ElzarTheBam

Feb 27, 2011
Durham
Finished the entire eight levels and loved it. Haha! I wasn't able to sleep due to me tinkering with this on my phone.

So what's the max amount of credits can we earn? I'm at 1830 and want more. I tried replaying the missions but didn't give me anything.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be a lot of customization and even weapons and gear. I gather, we'll get more with the expansions? I just hope the gameplay and core mechanics are enough to keep me interested. I mean, I spent a lot of hours in the beta with just a handful of stuff, so I might be good. Heck, I mostly use a small number of weapons/gear in FPS' anyway. Not defending Battlefront, since the content should be more due to it being multiplayer only, but that's my personal preference.
Just over 3k is the Max amount.