• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront Companion App/Website Out Now

Piccoro

Thanks for the heads up. Installed on Android.

The web game during the beta was indeed addictive. I played all the levels at work, but couldn't finish the last level, the one that had you
fighting against Darth Vader.

Milennia

Well the only customization head I wanted was the twilek, so it looks like I'll be sitting on 15k by the time I hit 50 lol

Jb

You can play as a Twi'lek or a shadow trooper? Neat. Only 11 blasters though...
I'll give the mini game a shot, if it allows me to unlock stuff a little faster why not.

j-wood

Oh wow. This app is legit. Pretty awesome you can play the base commander thing and get credits to use in battlefront.

Gothos

So wait, what I get for unlocking blasters and stuff? It's just to preview my customization options in Battlefront or what?

Couple things I noticed right off the bat that is disappointing:

On the Empire side for customization you only have standard trooper scout trooper, dark trooper, and faces. Faces alone are bad enough, but then there's only 3 armor sets which is lacking. If people wanted faces they should of tired them to Imperial officer suits. Would of been nice to have pilot suits and engineer suits too.

In the rebel side, each alien race is restricted to one gender. Want to be a Twi'lek? Only option is female, for example.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Couple things I noticed right off the bat that is disappointing:

On the Empire side for customization you only have standard trooper scout trooper, dark trooper, and faces. Faces alone are bad enough, but then there's only 3 armor sets which is lacking. If people wanted faces they should of tired them to Imperial officer suits. Would of been nice to have pilot suits and engineer suits too.

In the rebel side, each alien race is restricted to one gender. Want to be a Twi'lek? Only option is female, for example.
Do you really think they are going to let stormtroopers run around without a helmet? That would be really strange...

Also didn't know that you can't choose your gender (aside from humans), that's dissapointing.

Do you really think they are going to let stormtroopers run around without a helmet? That would be really strange...

Also didn't know that you can't choose your gender (aside from humans), that's dissapointing.
Going off of the companion app, both appear to be the case.

Risgroo

how'd you deal with the annoying boba fett mission?

The AT-AT doesn't join the fun until a few rounds into the match, so you can use the turret once at 3 or 5 power before it shows up. Don't use the turret to take out the AT-ATs protection, just use a speeder or whatever.
Other than that something as simple as remembering to us units with the squad leader perk to finish off enemies helps a lot.

5taquitos

Good to know that I don't have to spend much on Empire customization, as I will never rock a helmetless trooper.

Edit: I hope we get the option to force default models on the client end so i don't have to look at a bunch of helmetless stormtroopers running around.

I don't see the problem people seem to have with seeing helmet-less stormtroopers. I doubt we'll see many of them, likely it will be mostly defaults until people get enough credit and rank for the scouts and shadows.

I just want to say fuck these AT-STs with Ion weapons or respawns on these last couple levels in the companion game. Seriously I can't get 3 stars no matter how hard I try.

It looks like the Twi'lek head and Scout trooper helmet are rank 40 to 50 unlocks. Was hoping to use them early on as they're my favourites.

Stormtroopers without helmets? eww.

I'd rather them come up with new designs or something. Hell, where is the Clone Trooper? Emperors guards? Anything but this!

This is really cool, I like it! The card game can actually be pretty difficult too. I'm going to try to see if I can three star all of it, but it seems like we can't do it all without having the game yet. Would love to play as that Scout Trooper too.

Now I'm not saying this is an issue, but...

qVeMvOA.jpg

This is an issue.

Is there any way to actually destroy the AT-AT without using the 'next unit into base is destroyed' card? :p They're pretty well invincible against any flying vehicle I've learned.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow. the customization options are completely pitiful. I had low expectations but this is so much below even what I expected. Just a bunch of generated faces and a handful of helmets total. No wonder they didn't want to talk about customization beforehand.

adj_noun

Siege 7 whooped me good.

Maaaaan, needing to use the heroes 20 times each to unlock 'em here feels like it'll take forever. ;_;

edit: Screw you, Fett.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Finished the entire eight levels and loved it. Haha! I wasn't able to sleep due to me tinkering with this on my phone.

So what's the max amount of credits can we earn? I'm at 1830 and want more. I tried replaying the missions but didn't give me anything.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be a lot of customization and even weapons and gear. I gather, we'll get more with the expansions? I just hope the gameplay and core mechanics are enough to keep me interested. I mean, I spent a lot of hours in the beta with just a handful of stuff, so I might be good. Heck, I mostly use a small number of weapons/gear in FPS' anyway. Not defending Battlefront, since the content should be more due to it being multiplayer only, but that's my personal preference.

Finished the entire eight levels and loved it. Haha! I wasn't able to sleep due to me tinkering with this on my phone.

So what's the max amount of credits can we earn? I'm at 1830 and want more. I tried replaying the missions but didn't give me anything.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be a lot of customization and even weapons and gear. I gather, we'll get more with the expansions? I just hope the gameplay and core mechanics are enough to keep me interested. I mean, I spent a lot of hours in the beta with just a handful of stuff, so I might be good. Heck, I mostly use a small number of weapons/gear in FPS' anyway. Not defending Battlefront, since the content should be more due to it being multiplayer only, but that's my personal preference.

Just over 3k is the Max amount.

Top Bottom