• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome Leaked Trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwomo

Well that looks really, really bad.

What horrible casting for Adama, too.

Hope that's fan made.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'd just be happy to have some proper space Sci-Fi back on the TV.

tumblr_l45zcnPNR41qc1iql.gif

NYR

BSG Season 1 was amazing.

BSG Season 2 was superb.

BSG Season 3 was...acceptable.

BSG Season 4 was terrible.

Caprica was utter shit.

...see a trend developing here?

<insert beating a dead horse gif here>

RedAssedApe

Banned

BSG season 2 was superb.

BSG season 3 was...acceptable.

Caprica was utter shit.

Disagree on all accounts. This is like the same shit that is going on with Mass Effect 3. People hated the ending so the rest of the series turns to shit? Give me a break.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Way too many "real" shots in there to make me think fake.

Unless there's ton of space battle sci if movies I've missed out on, to make a spliced together clip.

But a tad shameful to fully rip off TGWADT's trailer. Even if it's a good premise.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
THIS BETTER BE GOOD.

Disagree on all accounts. This is like the same shit that is going on with Mass Effect 3. People hated the ending so the rest of the series turns to shit? Give me a break.
Or it could be a genuine opinion? And do you know what the words "amazing" and "superb" mean? I actually agree with their assessment. I just pretend seasons 3 and 4 of BSG don't exist now.

Decado

BSG Season 2 was superb.

Caprica was utter shit.

If I remember correctly, parts of S4 were awesome (when they were battling on the Galactica).

RedAssedApe

Banned
Pretty sure its legit after looking up more news. The casting and the set pics out seem to match up with what's shown in the trailer

THIS BETTER BE GOOD.

Or it could be a genuine opinion? And do you know what the words "amazing" and "superb" mean? I actually agree with their assessment. I just pretend seasons 3 and 4 of BSG don't exist now.

Yes. And I also know what terrible and shit mean. My interpretation of "amazing" and "superb" to "shit" means that it went from a 5 star show to a 1 star show. Even Caprica had its merits. Anyhow I don't want to get into this as its been done way too many times before. <insert beating a dead horse gif here>

Apologies if I came off a little stand-offish.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
I'm not thinking the footage is faked. But the edit of it sure seems to be fanish, with that particular song and the font of the text at the end.

Please let this be real. It looks real but the obvious homage/rip off of Girl with Dragon Tattoo trailer gives me pause. It was awesome either way and I can't wait for this series.

Edit: Whelp it's confirmed real. The article mentions it being a two hour movie. Is the series guaranteed or are they going to see what happens with the film?

Freddy from Skins confirms I will never watch this. Fucking awful casting for Adama. So bad.

If Bear McCreary is back on soundtrack though I might have to check it out somehow.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Please tell me that those were very, very early stage special effects. I was having Voyager flashbacks.

Fan edit? Fan edit.

That audio was ripped straight from the dragon tattoo trailer. It wasn't even taken from the actual final track. I know my Reznor when I hear it, and this was from the trailer.

Oh and the font was shit and a lot of scenes were repeated. Either that or its an internal trailer that got leaked.

2th

Banned

BSG Season 2 was superb.

Caprica was utter shit.

honestly only the ending was terrible. the whole angels and kara the friendly ghost shit was bad. other than that the last season was pretty good.

gabbo

Freddy from Skins confirms I will never watch this. Fucking awful casting for Adama. So bad.

If Bear McCreary is back on soundtrack though I might have to check it out somehow.

So it's not the guy from Razor then? Damn, he was pretty good at capturing Olmos' turmoil

Please tell me that those were very, very early stage special effects. I was having Voyager flashbacks.

HyperbolicGAF out in full force on this I see.

Ugh, this looks, not so good. :\

Maybe they're just out of context, but I don't love the look of some of those scenes.

I also don't think I've watched anything on the Sci-Fi channel since the name change. SYFY is still as bad as I remember it.

Edit: I don't think I liked any of the BSG movies they did. Don't remember the other ones much, but The Plan was just bad.

P.S. Loved the series finale of BSG. First half was awesome, second half I can understand why people hated it (too much religion-y stuff in a Sci-fi show, too drawn out, some pretty stupid stuff in it, etc.), and the VERY end (modern day) was super unnecessary.

I'll watch it because I want to see how they handle the First Cylon War. But, the scenes feel really cluttered to me. Like they feel like they have to fill everything in just because it is a CGI set and set during a war. BSG and Caprica no matter how full the scenes were still felt like they had room to breathe.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
I'll watch it because I want to see how they handle the First Cylon War. But, the scenes feel really cluttered to me. Like they feel like they have to fill everything in just because it is a CGI set and set during a war. BSG and Caprica no matter how full the scenes were still felt like they had room to breathe.

Well, you only have a minute, thirty-seven to work with here. Maybe if there were more time for it to breathe... ^_^

It's obviously not fan made, but rather a rough concept trailer made internally. God I hope this isn't just a short webseries, I need my scifi in space fix.

Edit:
No, supposedly they showed this off at Wondercon this past weekend.

Plus, Bear McCreary's returning to do the music. That right there is enough for HYPE.

Wait, that link says that Blood and Chrome is a two hour movie...

Double edit:

And it says that the Tattoo trailer was screened publicly. Oh well.

Kak.efes

honestly only the ending was terrible. the whole angels and kara the friendly ghost shit was bad. other than that the last season was pretty good.

Pretty much. The Oath, and Blood on the Scales are two of the best episodes in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom