• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area GAF Meet 2012 - Feb. 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Can I start getting people to confirm that they are going by the end of tomorrow (Feb, 6th, 2012), by at least midnite?

It'd be nice to have a list and to make some name tags before hand, because I'm crafty like that.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
you know, I'm not sure how willing you guys are, or how long TD in town for but I still really wanna meet y'all. what do you guys think about scheduling a second, more accessible meet up next weekend. or even coffee/tea in the morning on a week day?

you know, I'm not sure how willing you guys are, or how long TD in town for but I still really wanna meet y'all. what do you guys think about scheduling a second, more accessible meet up next weekend. or even coffee/tea in the morning on a week day?

That's the meet up day we have planned since we'll be in SF that day. He does not reside in the Bay Area. Yet.

butzopower

proud of his butz
I'll be there be, as long as I don't forget. It'll be easier to mark my calendar once we have a starting point. Also, I voted for TD.

If I got one of the Timedog shirts, and wore it, is that like wearing the shirt of the band you are seeing?

Combine

Banned
I'll definitely plan to be there barring some unforeseen event.

Not sure if I'd want a nametag. True, it's the only way to identify me, but it opens up a whole can of worms.

Still, will be nice to meet a group of people to be social for once.

Acid08

Banned
Because ::timedog::. Wenis you might as well make the first bar the confirmed joint. And I guess 7pm and beyond as the meet time.
Well duh :p. Who else could it have been? We do need to schedule a second meetup that more people will actually be able to go to though. I like the idea of a GDC SF meetup.

Combine

Banned
Wow, this thread sure died. So Bay-Area GAF either is not as into group meetings as other areas, or my promised attendance scared everyone off.

I'd understand if it was the former, people in this area are not very nice in general.

Wow, this thread sure died. So Bay-Area GAF either is not as into group meetings as other areas, or my promised attendance scared everyone off.

I'd understand if it was the former, people in this area are not very nice in general.

People in my corner of the Bay Area rule. =o.

Combine

Banned
People in my corner of the Bay Area rule. =o.
I've been in every corner of this area and most people are just plain rude and very unapproachable. I'd love to be proven wrong of course. But that's the impression I've always got, be it walking around Downtown SF or slogging through the suburbs.

Cyan

Banned
WTF dude, Bay Area peeps are awesome.

Anyway, attendance is low because it's a Thursday. Unavoidable given the special guest situation, so whatevs.

Incidentally, looks like I'm dragging two other GAFers along. I'll let them decide if they want to reveal themselves in this thread. :p

WTF dude, Bay Area peeps are awesome.

Anyway, attendance is low because it's a Thursday. Unavoidable given the special guest situation, so whatevs.

Incidentally, looks like I'm dragging two other GAFers along. I'll let them decide if they want to reveal themselves in this thread. :p

So now you have the surprise guests. What a twist.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Let me know if anyone Ghost rides their whip

Bay area?

greenbay.gif

See you guys there.

I've been in every corner of this area and most people are just plain rude and very unapproachable. I'd love to be proven wrong of course. But that's the impression I've always got, be it walking around Downtown SF or slogging through the suburbs.
Most people I have met in the Bay area are super chill.

Can I start getting people to confirm that they are going by the end of tomorrow (Feb, 6th, 2012), by at least midnite?

It'd be nice to have a list and to make some name tags before hand, because I'm crafty like that.
I should be able to make it. I'll try to be at my rude and unapproachable best, as befits my Bay Area heritage. :p

zoku88

I wouldn't mind a weekend. Especially if it were next weekend, since I'm taking days off of work that Friday/Monday. (I think)

Obviously, can't do a morning.

I will probably be at the Rose & Crown Pub in Palo Alto that night. They're having Lagunitas there for some special pours for SF Beer Week. I will have a toast in honor of you peeps just a little further up.

Cyan

Banned
I will probably be at the Rose & Crown Pub in Palo Alto that night. They're having Lagunitas there for some special pours for SF Beer Week. I will have a toast in honor of you peeps just a little further up.

You a PA local? Rose & Crown is one of my occasional hangouts. Used to go there for Pub Quiz all the time.

Toki767

That map is strangely accurate...Well except for the gay town part. That part looks to be cutting into the financial district and Chinatown I think.

Musan

That map is strangely accurate...Well except for the gay town part. That part looks to be cutting into the financial district and Chinatown I think.

They should add Vietnam to Mexico.

I might try to make it up to the city, but Lagunitas at Rose and Crown does sound tempting.

You a PA local? Rose & Crown is one of my occasional hangouts. Used to go there for Pub Quiz all the time.

I've only been there one other time - last year for SF Beer Week. Brother lives in San Jose so we stay with him and come up for the festivities. Pretty cool place though.

I might try to make it up to the city, but Lagunitas at Rose and Crown does sound tempting.

They have a lot of crazy specials all week. Wednesday is Younger Day. I'll imagine it to be fairly packed then. I'm sad to be missing out on their Sour Day tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom