• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 Switch Feb 2018

Pasedo

Forgot about Bayonetta 3?

Super excited for that as well. When I traded in my WiiU to get the Switch one thing I was reluctant about was never being able to finish Bayonetta 1 & 2, but I really wanted the Switch Portable factor so went for it. Now I have the best of both worlds. I'm going to try and time it so by the time I'm done 3 will be just around the corner.

This is great news for Switch owners. I wonder if the Switch version of Bayonetta will end up being the best console version of the game. Unless the Xbox One X gets a 4k update for the 360 version, I could see it happening.

Graven

I'm out of the loop here, but, is there good improvements over the WiiU version?(talking specifically about Bayo 2)

Last edited:

Giant Robo

Neo Member
I'm out of the loop here, but, is there good improvements over the WiiU version?(talking specifically about Bayo 2)

DF had a video showing that the Switch version hits 60 fps way more often but the resolution is 720p like the WiiU version.

Suprised that bayo is getting released on the switch

Are we really though? I figured it was common knowledge that we'll see re-releases of all of the great WiiU games (e.g. Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 1/2, Hyrule Warriors, the forthcoming Wonderful 101 port), or slightly improved sequels (e.g. Splatoon 2 was really 1.5...but it's still a hell of a game) the next year or so as filler until Nintendo gets a steady stream of original AAA titles out there.

Last edited:
Are we really though? I figured it was common knowledge that we'll see re-releases of all of the great WiiU games (e.g. Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 1/2, Hyrule Warriors, the forthcoming Wonderful 101 port), or slightly improved sequels (e.g. Splatoon 2 was really 1.5...but it's still a hell of a game) the next year or so as filler until Nintendo gets a steady stream of original AAA titles out there.
Not just filler. Franchises that have potential now on a system that people actually own in good numbers. As strategy it's sound.

Fbh

I would buy these games again, if I didn't play them on Wii U!

I'd buy them again if they were cheaper.
I'd double dip on plenty of WiiU games that I already own If they weren't full price.

I get why they are charging full price but I can't justify it myself. Hopefully these pots don't take 5 years to get decent price drops like most Nintendo games

Last edited:

Livia

I'd double dip on plenty of WiiU games that I already own If they weren't full price.

I get why they are charging full price but I can't justify it myself. Hopefully these pots don't take 5 years to get decent price drops like most Nintendo games

Yeah, i agree. I would buy them again if they were half the price.

DonF

You can buy each game separately digital, for a lower price. Still, you are getting 2 games for 60 bucks, thats "nintendo cheap"

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Once step closer of making the wii u the most pointless nintendo console ever.

Can't wait to try it again tomorrow.
Since i sold my wii u ages ago.

Hope mario maker and super smash will also come back.

ChuyMasta

Is this game worth getting for the story?
I don't care about ranks or "platinum"

Will I miss a lot of content if I suck at the game?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
lololololololololol
I personally like the story. Its not deep but it over top and fun but with that bing said, Bayonetta's biggest point is the combat.
The way the combat is designed, you still play it and have fun with out being good at it but once you master it and learn about dodge offset, the truly becomes absolute blast to play.
Once step closer of making the wii u the most pointless nintendo console ever.

Can't wait to try it again tomorrow.
Since i sold my wii u ages ago.

Hope mario maker and super smash will also come back.
Don't forget we still need Tokyo Mirage Session #FE for Switch.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Is this game worth getting for the story?
I don't care about ranks or "platinum"

Will I miss a lot of content if I suck at the game?

Do you think DMC has an interesting story? It has a lot of charm to it and a lot of over the top enemies. It's a fun game for sure. I'd say you'll be fine. The game isn't that difficult if you get down a few combos and learn how to counter. The higher difficulty is of course harder.

I played through them at launch and the story is good enough for being one of the best action games on the market. Each battle and boss gets bigger and better. The story has to keep climbing in order to get to the top. Which I think keeps the player going.

It basically boils down to the interesting parts of the world and how it all can come together or at least mix well. You're killing angels as a witch ontop of fighter jets. The story doesn't have to do much lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom