• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2: new batch of screenshots/artworks from Famitsu

L~A

So, Famitsu just uploaded a bunch of new screenshots for Bayonetta 2 (from one of their previous issues, don't remember which one). Looks like Siliconera got some details on multiplayer (apparently from the Famitsu article).

4Gamer.net has the full-size version of those screens, if you're interested. And yes, there's a Bayonetta 1 screenshot among all the Bayo 2 stuff ;)

a0iucz.jpg

bg0upu.jpg

cqvuqx.jpg

drru9l.jpg

evcuwg.jpg

fieuyw.jpg

l_53d0a7b3c8d33fwu3o.jpg
l_53d0a7b3eb00epxua4.jpg
l_53d0a7b38a53bg2uct.jpg

l_53d0a7b41a8198uu0o.jpg
l_53d0a7b280d08ifu17.jpg
l_53d0a7b320dc9zaula.jpg

l_53d0a7b340d7dpgu4n.jpg
l_53d0a7b362c700nuy9.jpg
l_53d0a7b2486c3ugud6.jpg

l_53d0a7c954b0d7cug4.jpg
l_53d0a7b2aa8f8xcun9.jpg
l_53d0a7b2ceefbmounm.jpg

l_53d0a7b2f023ep8uok.jpg
l_53d0a7b3a7de51vup7.jpg
l_53d0a7cab5583i4upt.jpg

l_53d0a7cacdc1dc9u24.jpg

Nemesis_

I still don't understand how that multiplayer/betting system works.

Is it relegated to certain fights or is the whole game co-oppable?

i-Jest

My Wii U is ready. I hope Platinum and Capcom continue to make these over the top combo heavy action games.

L~A

does the game run at 60fps?

Pretty sure it does, which makes it really impressive. E3 demo was smooth as heck, at least for me.

I'm sure Digital Foundry would find the game actually runs at 59FPS during some parts or something, though :p

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
cant wait to see the various references involving Capcom/Platinum/Sega/Nintendo in this game.

From the looks of that last screenshot, whatever Halos you add into the pot gets a multiplier added onto it so the potential gains are massively larger than the actual losses instead of the typical "double or nothing" which means that there's a pretty good incentive to hop into co-op every so often for that brief boost you need for that next upgrade. I'm still not clear whether or not the players are betting against each other or if it's a shared reward based on whether or not you both are able to complete the Verse (which may be possible, since both characters look like they have only base health and magic to work with).

Also, looking at the top right of the screen shows a tarot card similar to the ones that represent the Verses with a counter showing "9/52" on it. I guess this means that co-op players will have a pretty good choice of which fights they'd like to partake in. Though 52 Verses seems like a pretty shallow number compared to the first Bayonetta, so it's likely not indicative of the number of Verses in the final game. Hopefully they cherry-picked the best Verses to put into co-op.

Hopefully these little revelations means we can learn a bit more about the multiplayer during Comic Con, Gamescom or TGS.

Sometimes i get depressed but then I remember Bayonetta 2 is a thing and my mood changes for the better :)

I know, right? The cold, harsh world is crushing the life out of you and then you remember, "Oh, wait, Nintendo brought Bayonetta back from the dead, gave her back to Platinum, kept the game in development all through their dark days of the Wii U's early life, and now it's actually close to coming out and it comes with the first game packed in for free. Maybe life's not so bad" :p

AdanVC

Looking awesome! October can't come soon enough. I've never played the original Bayonetta so playing the two games is going to be quite the experience!

KooopaKid

Banned
Seeing the 1P and 2P icons brings back memories of the arcades. Love it.
So I haven't followed the Bayonetta 1 deal since. Is it included or not and at what price? I'm in Europe.

L~A

Seeing the 1P and 2P icons brings back memories of the arcades. Love it.
So I haven't followed the Bayonetta 1 deal since. Is it included or not and at what price? I'm in Europe.

There's a special edition including both games. But we don't know the price of either version, so...

Top Bottom