• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGH OMG I WANT THIS RIGHT NOW COME ON REALITY

... ahem. The demo has been freaking amazing. I never played Bayo 1 much so it's been great getting a head start on that learning curve. I'm as stoked to play the original as I am the sequel at this point. Bayoverload, baby, bring it on!!

Am I the only person who prefers the NA box over the "fixed" standalone EU box?

I find NA's more eye catching and as I said before; the red 2 to me is in reference to Bayo 1's inclusion which the standalone box wouldn't need.

I also agree, the changes make the box art stand out more. The original is too subdued for my tastes.

zoukka

Well would you look at what I found lying on the floor in a local Media Markt in Vienna.
Lucky for me that Austria hates the WiiU:

dsc_15414xlog.jpg

That's money right there.

Kiru

Well would you look at what I found lying on the floor in a local Media Markt in Vienna.

http://abload.de/img/dsc_15414xlog.jpg[IMG]

Btw, the normal edition is also still there if anyone wants that (i guess without Bayo1) it's Media Markt Lugner City for those interested.[/QUOTE]
Media Markt scalping themselves ? Shouldn't it be 69.99€ ?

Shahadan

Gave up and bought the game in stores. I'm weak. I'll just sell the FPE instead or something.

God Bayo 1 looks like shit nowadays.

My refurbished Wii U from Nintendo arrives exactly on Friday. I ordered it last Friday, so that's some convenient-ass timing. Yay =D

I still have to pick up a Pro Controller, too.

Same here, I just ordered a refurb wii over the weekend, but got 2day shipping incase. It literally just got delivered at my house. Got the wii u pro controller ordered for tomorrow, I am so fucking ready.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";135433741]To be honest, yellow is the easiest choice when your border is blue.[/QUOTE]

I believe that's how our founding fathers came up with the Swedish flag.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

dsc_15414xlog.jpg

Btw, the normal edition is also still there if anyone wants that (i guess without Bayo1) it's Media Markt Lugner City for those interested.

Oh, tomorrow I go hunting.

Has anyone noticed that this has been topping the amazon.com sales charts (as in between the #2-5 top selling game) for like over a week now?

I'm not sure if this means anything (could be Nintendo fanboys artificially inflating numbers due to the no commitment pre-orders? I have no idea), but it is a positive sign. Hopefully this means something and the game sells well. If we got a Bayonetta 3 or other Nintendo + Platinum project eventually, that would be amazing.

Neoxon

dsc_15414xlog.jpg

Btw, the normal edition is also still there if anyone wants that (i guess without Bayo1) it's Media Markt Lugner City for those interested.
I need this in my life.

Has anyone noticed that this has been topping the amazon.com sales charts (as in between the #2-5 top selling game) for like over a week now?

I'm not sure if this means anything (could be Nintendo fanboys artificially inflating numbers due to the no commitment pre-orders? I have no idea), but it is a positive sign. Hopefully this means something and the game sells well. If we got a Bayonetta 3 or other Nintendo + Platinum project eventually, that would be amazing.

yup

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Which shipping option should I choose to get it day 1?

Edit: I completely misread your question, haha. I chose 2-day Prime (it was the fastest option available for me at the time) and once I placed my order it showed "Expected Delivery Date Friday, October 24th"

Squishy3

I got the machine call from Gamestop telling me it'd be ready on Friday today. Aw yiss.

in b4 lol gamestop, got it from there because I'm off Friday and UPS doesn't come til my house until 4:00, I can't wait that long

NEO0MJ

Edit: I completely misread your question, haha. I chose 2-day Prime (it was the fastest option available for me at the time) and once I placed my order it showed "Expected Delivery Date Friday, October 24th"

It shows 28 for me if I pick 2 day, and 1 day is too expensive. I'm worried that local stores might not bring it, as they have still to bring Hyrule Warriors. Any online store that ship NA region games internationally?

wiibomb

I wish I could find a way to get that first print edition over here in the states..

even without the game (since I WILL buy it on friday)

Glass Joe

It's been like that for at least a week or two. Also consider the fact that the top 3 (gift cards) don't really count if you're talking about games specifically. But I don't see Nintendo "fanboys" artificially inflating pre-orders, that's some conspiracy theory-level bullshit for something that in the scheme of things means next to nothing.

I also don't see Bayo 2 making a huge impact, meaning I wouldn't take an amazon sales chart as gospel for all retailers around the US. Will it do better than Wonderful 101? God I hope so. It will maybe even have a good first month (then crash & burn). I was surprised how well Hyrule Warriors did. If a Mature-rated Nintendo product can come close to that, I'd call that a success. Or rather, a success based on changed expectations (when they started Bayo2, I doubt they really knew the Wii U would be as bad off as it is).

dsc_15414xlog.jpg

...and here I am in the US without this....why..........

Smidget

Will Bayonetta 1 always be packaged with Bayonetta 2? Thinking I'll wait on purchasing since my backlog is so big anyways... But don't want to lose out on the first one of course.

Will Bayonetta 1 always be packaged with Bayonetta 2? Thinking I'll wait on purchasing since my backlog is so big anyways... But don't want to lose out on the first one of course.

Pretty sure it will be, at least in North America. Bayo 1+2 hasn't been advertised as being a limited edition here, so I presume all copies of Bayo 2 will contain both games.

Glass Joe

So, do we get midnight eshop launch for this?

Yes, even says so in the eShop. But not till tomorrow night at midnight EST. Part 1 and Part 2 are both in the 15-20 gig range, so I'm not expecting to be able to play it 'till after work Friday *shrugs.* Wish they had a preload option where it just unlocks at the proper time.

antitrop

Gave up and bought the game in stores. I'm weak. I'll just sell the FPE instead or something.

God Bayo 1 looks like shit nowadays.

Yeah, I don't remember the colors being as muted as they clearly are when the game is shown side-by-side Bayonetta 2.

Oh, but they are.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah, I don't remember the colors being as muted as they clearly are when the game is shown side-by-side Bayonetta 2.

Oh, but they are.

Yeah... Bayonetta was never really a looker, the set piece were great, but even when playing I noticed the was a very muted look, it was at least clear and undistracting.

Wonder what the conditions are for unlocking Jeanne in this one is, hopefully she's not just a hardmode or just straight up worse than Bayonetta in everything that mattered like in the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom