• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2: some new (and not so new) screenshots from Famitsu

On the other hand, seeing the way Bayo's Peach costume is designed? I can't help but wonder if Kamiya sees Peach in a similar way that I have.

I mean, she's got the cute little Mario doll at her hip for show, and can summon Bowser at her beck and call... C8

I can't wait to play Bayo 2 and this new Metroid game on my Wii U this October.

LOL
Amazing how a costume change, with actual gameplay tweaks, can make me want to replay a game so much.
I guess it does help that the gameplay is amazing.

October can't come soon enough!

Spux666

Banned
That Samus outfit is so sexy.

Are the NIntendo oufits in Bayo 1 and 2?

One of the developers hinted at "yes" in an interview. Probably not the same costumes though. I would assume they will also be even more elaborate (probably some spiffy unlocks) :)

Looking hot. I especially like this one:

l_53abea5304df3rkjzj.jpg

My Queen
Though anyone else miss the beehive hair look? Sure, the short hair looks way better, but the Bayo look is way more iconic to the character.

cacildo

55055_157586167713513e1j5j.jpg

"nintendo characters with Bayonetta proportions" i thought it pretty funny

I mean, the Bayo1 screens with the nintendo costumes already feels funny

ironcreed

Banned
My Queen
Though anyone else miss the beehive hair look? Sure, the short hair looks way better, but the Bayo look is way more iconic to the character.

Nah. Like Weltall Zero said on the previous page, she looks so much more sophisticated and classy. The short hair just.. works. But on the other side of the coin, Jeanne looks so much better with her hair long and flowing. They nailed it.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
My Queen

like I said, she reminds me of Robin Wright in HOC, so I can stare at her arse pretending it's Robin's

Het_Nkik

Yo, what's going on in this screenshot?

l_53abea6b079c8w9jx1.jpg

Is that costume select? I see Peach's crown on the bottom (selected) and a Triforce up top. I can't tell what's on the left, but is that Daisy's broach on the right?

Are we getting a Daisy costume!?

TreIII

Nah. Like Weltall Zero said on the previous page, she looks so much more sophisticated and classy. The short hair just.. works. But on the other side of the coin, Jeanne looks so much better with her hair long and flowing. They nailed it.

Agreed. The long-haired look suits Jeanne fine, since it really does a lot more to further disassociate from the original "Fem!Dante" comparisons her original look had.

That said, I'd be surprised if both of their original looks are not at least unlockable.

Beth Cyra

l_53abea6b079c8w9jx1.jpg

Is that costume select? I see Peach's crown on the bottom (selected) and a Triforce up top. I can't tell what's on the left, but is that Daisy's broach on the right?

Daisey seems incredibly unlikely. Given we have Link, Peach, Samus sticking Daisey in there would be a rather weak follow up/hidden suit when you have the other three.

It's very possible that would be how to switch Bayo back to her default outfit, then a forth hidden outfit being Daisey.

TreIII

l_53abea6b079c8w9jx1.jpg

I was honestly expecting Jeanne to get Daisy, if we were to assume the rule of palette-swaps was in effect.

"HI, I'M DAISY...You MUTHAFUCKA."

SimonM7

The hair effect when her costume changes is weirding me out now that - due to the different hairstyle - it's visibly not HER hair any more. It's just... flying bits of hair. :O I guess she kept it after she had it cut.

JDSN

Banned
The hair effect when her costume changes is weirding me out now that - due to the different hairstyle - it's visibly not HER hair any more. It's just... flying bits of hair. :O I guess she kept it after she had it cut.

Could be armpit hair.

Heidern98

l_53abea6b079c8w9jx1.jpg

The top part says "Mushroom Kingdom Royal Dress", if my Japanese is up to snuff. Not sure of the full translation of the bottom.

Atrarock

Jesus. Bayo 1 looks so washed out in comparison to Bayo 2.
Keep in mind that the Wii U has limited HDMI color range, although the screens for Bayonetta 2 look more vibrant.

Let's try applying something like so :

Before
l_53abea6b8d656y6k4i.jpg

After
7F3xrX1.png

I'm hoping someone just took the Bayonetta 1 screen shots incorrectly...or something, if anything I'll be able to use my tv or the avermedia lgp to correct the color that the Wii U is strangely limited to...for some reason.

Kater

Banned
I'm really loving the Link costume. Can't wait to finally play Bayo 1.

Those screenshots of B2 look also really dashing!

Jintor

I think she still has a 'line' of long hair at the nape of her neck that forms the rest of the suit. It's just the rest around it that's been cut.

Yea there probably will be a daisy costume. I cant remember where I read it, I think last week but it was said theres more suprises and whatnot in the game we havent seen yet.

Neiteio

Yea there probably will be a daisy costume. I cant remember where I read it, I think last week but it was said theres more suprises and whatnot in the game we havent seen yet.
There was a recent preview where the devs were asked whether there were more costumes, and he said he couldn't say but to look forward to it, heavily implying there are more costumes in the game.

However, as much as I would want a Daisy costume, it seems Nintendo has a company-wide mandate to hold back the Best Princess. :-(

I replayed a chunk of Bayonetta (360) last night... god what a game. I sold my 360 today, Bayonetta was its swansong. Thinking of putting the cash towards a Wii U just for B2.

Top Bottom