• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liger05

Release in all regions around same time?

If not then Bayonetta 2 has probably convinced me to get a Japanese Wii U on import.

Announce Sin & Punishment 3, Treasure!

hXdGm.gif

ohlawd

Pikmin 3, Project P-100, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Bayonetta 2...

Big 5 son.

fuck yeah my future Wii U purchase is already justified.

Sega clearly didn't want to make it, so even if it's exclusive to one console, we are still getting the game. It's much better than not getting the game at all.

1-D_FTW

Did Rockstar say a few weeks ago we'll show you more GTA V in a few weeks. Please be today, the reaction would glorious.

The reaction on Wallstreet would be hilarious when Rockstar stock would drop through the floor. What is wrong with you? No console launch can support that kind of game budget. By any console company.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bad sequel to awful original on terribad console.

Pass.

But why? Is this the way for Nintendo to grab more fans for Wii U?

:( I guess it is...

I'm not afraid to say that I'm incredibly fucked off that this isn't going to be on other platforms. Who bought Bayonetta on Wi- OH.

I am glad that it exists though, hopefully this is successful and we get another Bayonetta next gen.

demidar

If it's published by Nintendo, it'll be damn near impossible for it to be ported. Nintendo and Platinum seem awfully chummy as of late.

Sega just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2 for WiiU, nor will they purchase any of Sega's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sega has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sega, publicly apologize and cancel Bayonetta for WiiU or you can kiss your business goodbye.

For those wondering about Hashimoto:

Platinum Games Website said:
BIO
Yusuke Hashimoto is a game designer at PlatinumGames and producer of Bayonetta. He currently enjoys Japanese sake and would love quality recommendations.
PLATINUMGAMES WORKS
Bayonetta
NOTED OTHER WORKS
Resident Evil 3
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil (GC)
God Hand

Theorymon

HOLY SHIT BAYONETTA 2 IS ALIVE? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

This is should have totally been at fucking E3, but oh well IM SO HAPPY NINTENDO ACTUALLY DROPPED A BOMB!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Whoa.

I guess I pretty much have to buy a Wii-U at this point. With Rayman and TWO exclusive Platinum titles planned, I have no choice. Crazy news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom