• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
. . . that seems blown out of proportion

It's a joke. The original post was made by an enraged GAFfer when FF XIII was revealed as coming to Xbox 360. From there on said post took on a life of its own and often gets posted (with alterations to make it fit) whenever a 'betrayalton' happens.

Raptor

Even if Kamiya is not involved directing he is in Platinum though and his name is in there so I guess he is giving some advices, also the combat engine is there, just make it more insane and thats it.

System seller right there, from "I will wait for a price cut" a few minutes ago to "fuck I have to buy this"

INCREDIBLE NINTENDO!

JoeFu

Banned
Seriously at people port begging. All evidence pointed to Sega not wanting to do anything with Bayonetta, and here's Nintendo publishing the game and probably the only reason Platinum gets to make the second one...

Sheroking

Disappointing, and I don't even own one of the competing platforms or care that much about the game.
I was simply hoping to see this "moneyhatting for exclusives" for everything that isn't first party as a thing of the past, in this next console generation coming.

Anyway, given the sales of the first one, I would almost guess that this would most likely flop even harder.

I don't think this is a moneyhatting thing, I think this is a "Sega wouldn't Publish it at all" thing.

Amazing news for Nintendo and Bayo fans like me but will this really sell to the greater public?

Hopefully it will fare better than Bayonetta 1, both for Nintendo, Platinum and the character action genre.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
God damn. I need a Wii U.

New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101 (I like the name actually).

Omg. Can't believe Bayonetta 2 is an exclusive =/.

JoeFenix

Holy shit, think about what this means for Smash Bros. Wii U.

Bayonetta playable confirmed. Dear god and monster hunter on top?

Fucking hell Nintendo!

V_Arnold

For P-100 and Bayonetta 2, one can easily justify buying a Wii U, imho. These are not games where you play a few hours and call it a day. No worries here.

DukeBobby

Bad sequel to awful original on terribad console.

Pass.

FuturamaFrySquint.gif

I'm CONVINCED Nintendo single-handedly saved this game.

With SEGA the way it is, I don't think they'd be willing to publish it.

I thought I'd never see another Bayo, I'm so excited.

Akainu

I was wondering if they could afford this being exclusive but if nintendo is fitting the bill it's not a problem? Too bad I don't care about bayonetta.

StuBurns

Banned
Very angry right now.

It was multi-platform before, I don't see why they decided to fuck a lot of the fans (I want to say most).

Guess its the money, but whatever, eff this.
Sega are out of making big retail games more or less. This makes sense.

And it's still not impossible for it go elsewhere, Ninja Gaiden 2 was published by MS for one year, then it was just a distribution deal, and could go multiplatform. However, I wouldn't hold your breath.

To fans of the original game it is. Sega had reportedly canned development of Bayonetta 2. Conceivably Nintendo revived the game, which is why it's exclusive and they are publishing it themselves.
I'm glad it is being made.

But they haven't gained some kind of killer app for the console. Bayo 1 didn't sell very well if my memory serves.

Ledsen

Very angry right now.

It was multi-platform before, I don't see why they decided to fuck a lot of the fans (I want to say most).Guess its the money, but whatever, eff this.

Because now Nintendo publishes the game for them? A pretty huge advantage right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom