• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magypsy

Oh man a friend of mine is gonna be so conflicted about this.

He loves Bayonetta, but probably wasn't planning on buying a Wii U.

Thank you Nintendo! Thank you for my friend's sweet, sweet tears

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yeah so this what it feels like to fall in love and have your heart broken within 60 seconds.

Riposte

"P-100", Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, and (if it is as good as NSMBWii) NSMBWiiU means I got that Wii U on lockdown. That shit will be mine.

Not directed by Kamiya drops my hype level considerably, I remember Viewtiful Joe 2.

Hashimoto is an unsung hero of Platinum games.

I am not saying he is a Kamiya-tier developer or anything, I honestly don't know that many people can make that claim. But he won't be directing a game that is like Viewtiful Joe 2.

StuBurns

Banned
Of all the third party franchises they could have chosen for an exclusive, they picked this one?

Was the first game even popular? I never played it or followed its success.
This is the perfect game to get. It says they care about the hardcore, and it's owned by a publisher who is bailing on retail, and it's made by an independent studio.

This was genius.

Noema

Such a bitter-sweet feeling.

On the one hand I'm ecstatic that we are getting a Bayonetta sequel.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed it will be exclusive to a platform I have absolutely no interest in.

Opiate

My guess would be the game was canceled, so Nintendo went shopping and revived it.

Right. We know that Sega dropped this game, so it wasn't as if there was some intense bidding war for the game. This was not Nintendo snapping this up as an exclusive and stealing it away from other publishers who were perfectly willing to publish it as a multiplatform title.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Of all the third party franchises they could have chosen for an exclusive, they picked this one?

Was the first game even popular? I never played it or followed its success.

To put it this way: There's a reason Sega took Bayonetta 2 behind the shed and put a bullet through its head.

Why would Nintendo need Sega for this? Unless Sega owns the IP.

Sega owns the Bayo IP.

remz

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE BAYONETTA. RIIIIIIIIISE.

if nintendo bankrolled this game as far as I'm concerned, from now on they can do no wrong. they have good karma forever.

JoeFu

Banned
I really really hope Bayonetta 1 get's an eshop port with smooth framerate and small loading times. I really want to play through the game, but not on my PS3 :( especially after my saves got wiped

burgerdog

Holy fuck! When I saw the platinum intro and the moon I simply thought it was their new intro sequence, I wasn't expecting Bayonetta to drop down. Total mindfuck, I'm still reeling from this announcement, fuck yes.

duckroll

What in the actual fuck? Why would Nintendo secure this as an exclusive? LMAO this is so weird!...

Maybe because they wanted Platinum Games to also make an original IP for their new platform, and it would be a good way to earn core gamer cred?

So goooood.
People, do you have a problem with nintendo? A console is made by the games it has, if you just want bayonetta 2so much becuase you are big fans, just buy a WiiU.

2MF

What in the actual fuck? Why would Nintendo secure this as an exclusive? LMAO this is so weird!...

For one thing, if it sells well it will immediately demolish the "lolz core gamerz do not buy teh Nintendoz!!1!1!!!" meme.

BossLackey

Gold Member
What is this!? Wii U only?

I highly doubt I'll be getting a Wii U until it's sub 200, so I guess I'll have to do without this one.

I really really hope Bayonetta 1 get's an eshop port with smooth framerate and small loading times. I really want to play through the game, but not on my PS3 :( especially after my saves got wiped

Watch it be included in this game as an unlockable. That's the sort of thing that Platinum would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom