• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm not a Bayonetta fan in the slightest, but I love this move since they brought the game back to life to get core gamers back on board - best thing I've seen them do for their console since the Gamecube days.

Keep it up Nintendo, this is how the Wii should have started off as power-wise and game-wise from the beginning, I would have gladly bought one if it was the case.

ironcreed

Banned
Good lord.

Remember, people, THIS GAME WAS DEAD.

The choice wasn't "Nintendo or multiplatform", the choice was Nintendo or NOTHING.

True enough, but it is still a good indication that Nintendo is serious about getting some interesting exclusives that will win over the core PS3/360 crowd. I just hope they keep it up, as many of us would love to have reasons to buy one.

ihnfoxywrhximmcj0y.gif

lmao, what is this from?

Killroycantkill

Neo Member
Ugh! I couldn't be more divided on this annoucnement. As much as I want a Bayonetta 2, I don't want a god damn Wii U. I hope this is some timed exclusive bs becuase I don't know what Platinum Games is thinking putting their best and most "hardcore" franchise on a console whos little bro was known for being so casual. I don't know what type of audience they think is going to buy the Wii U.

Alienups

Not exactly a megaton but having exclusive niche games for the hardcore crowd is a good thing. Surprised Nintendo did this tbh.

Of all the third party franchises they could have chosen for an exclusive, they picked this one?

Was the first game even popular? I never played it or followed its success.

They picked it because Sega canned the game, due to Sega being fuckwits. Nintendo likes Platnium, and decided to pick up the pieces. People screaming "money hatted" are pathetic.

Nintendo also picked it to make Wii U haters on GAF exude MAXIMUM SALT.

Ugh! I couldn't be more divided on this annoucnement. As much as I want a Bayonetta 2, I don't want a god damn Wii U. I hope this is some timed exclusive bs becuase I don't know what Platinum Games is thinking putting their best and most "hardcore" franchise on a console whos little bro was known for being so casual. I don't know what type of audience they think is going to buy the Wii U.

Hahah, yeah, see? Posts like this.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

Nintendo's hoping to bring back the audience they began losing way back at the N64. I don't think it's going to be a system seller or even a huge seller in general (since the original sold poorly), but it's a game that will attract the niche fanbase that loved the original, at least.

"guys i cant play wii u my friends will make fun of me"

Just so you know, buddy, published by Nintendo means it's not a timed exclusive. Have fun with your superficialities. I'll be having fun on my Wii U.

Nibel

Is it Wii U Exclusive? If true then vaderno.jpg

Please don't be exclusive.

Exclusive? I sure as hell hope not.

exclusive? no no no no no fuck

There's no way it will be a Wii U Exclusive, hehehehehe........ RIGHT?

Want.

EDIT: Nooooooooooooooooo!

Well fuck me sideways.

Wait, exclusive? BOO! BOO, I SAY! :(

no interest in this system to day one

Haven't seen a good Betraylaton for a while.

:( please be timed exclusive.

Cancel Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance now and bring Bayonetta 2 multiplatform!

The fandom demands it!

FUCK! WHY is this exclusive to Wii U???? DOES NOT make any sense! MAAAn im so angry right now :(

I came.... Why must it be an exclusive?! :(

Probably gonna bomb hard since it's exclusive.

the first platinum game i wont play

:(

io2XB50wcQhEo.gif

So much bitterness that I couldn't even quote half of it

What an amazing day :lol

iz5CoKCrFneRY.gif

OH. MY. GOD. YES!

Too bad it's on Wii U, but hey, I'm not going to complain. I'm just glad to see us getting it at all. Wait... Bayonetta in the next Smash Bros?!

EVOL 100%

..Seriously?

Opiate

How do you think audiences are created? Do you think system fanbases are created out of thin air?

Do you think if Bayonetta, GTA V, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, and Final Fantasy XV were all announced as Wii U exclusives, that fans would just sit back and say, "but that is a platform for casuals! I shall not buy it!"

A platform isn't defined by some magical aura which permeates reality and transcends generational gaps. It's defined by what games are on a system.

demidar

This also means Bayo can be in Super Smash Bros. since it satisfies the "Must be on a Nintendo console" requirement. I'm still riding so high from this.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Bayonetta had a lot of alpha heavy particle effects and transparencies on the screen. Imagine if Platinum takes advantage of that GPU; our brains will be blitzed out.

Holy cow. Here I was saying that this time I wasn't gonna get a launch console, I was gonna wait for there to be lots of games and price drops. I said "there isn't a single game I cannot wait for, not Mario, not Zelda, not even Metroid".

Then this announcement. Fucking Nintendo!

I have a sneaky suspicion the people complaining that is a Wii U exclusive are the same people that didn't said they didn't buy a Wii U due to lack of third party games... just an inkling.

It's giving me hope for Shenmue 3, Skies of Arcadia 2, and some of these other game we've been praying for. Maybe Nintendo will rescue them too :)

How insane would it be if Monolithsoft's new game was Skies of Arcadia 2?

I'd shit myself. Seriously. I'd burst in to tears, speak in tongues and shit myself. All at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom