• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think audiences are created? Do you think system fanbases are created out of thin air?

Do you think if Bayonetta, GTA V, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, and Final Fantasy XV were all announced as Wii U exclusives, that fans would just sit back and say, "but that is a platform for casuals! I shall not buy it!"

A platform isn't defined by some magical aura which permeates reality and transcends generational gaps. It's defined by what games are on a system.
You have your moments Mr. Roboto.

Chavelo

Ugh! I couldn't be more divided on this annoucnement. As much as I want a Bayonetta 2, I don't want a god damn Wii U. I hope this is some timed exclusive bs becuase I don't know what Platinum Games is thinking putting their best and most "hardcore" franchise on a console whos little bro was known for being so casual. I don't know what type of audience they think is going to buy the Wii U.

Fuck you, I'm buying a Wii U now. :D

ihnfoxywrhximmcj0y.gif

:lol Pretty much

tanuki

So that's two Platinum Games-exclusives for Wii U? Keep giving Platinum money... the Wii U could have so many glorious exclusive games.

Thank you Nintendo!

For saving the series for us and bringing the butthurt to the people wanting it but refusing to buy a Wii U. :lol

King Boo

i've been reading lots of "this is a system seller for me" or "day 1"....but what about the general public? i thought this game sold a modest amount.

vareon

Ugh! I couldn't be more divided on this annoucnement. As much as I want a Bayonetta 2, I don't want a god damn Wii U. I hope this is some timed exclusive bs becuase I don't know what Platinum Games is thinking putting their best and most "hardcore" franchise on a console whos little bro was known for being so casual. I don't know what type of audience they think is going to buy the Wii U.

Think about it as this: Your work on your best and most "hardcore" franchise is cancelled, then someone came in to revive it.

Of all the third party franchises they could have chosen for an exclusive, they picked this one?

Was the first game even popular? I never played it or followed its success.

No point buying exclusivity of a very popular game tbh; its too expensive and Nintendo already have the 'mass market' games.

This is Nintendo looking to suck in the press and fans of the game.

Its a targeted exclusive, and a clever one.

Dariso

Neo Member
Very angry right now.

It was multi-platform before, I don't see why they decided to fuck a lot of the fans (I want to say most).

Guess its the money, but whatever, eff this.

The development is probably being funded by Nintendo. But wasnt Sega the IP owner? So nintendo bought the IP from Sega? Lots of questions here.
With Nintendo and PG current relationship, what are the chances Nintendo ends up buying them. PG games only on Nintendo consoles lol.

Saw the Wii U price and thinking....hmm...somethings definitely up Nintendo's sleeve.

Saw this thread and I'm like "Yup, thats the Ace they're pulling out"

Could this be the first of many Megatons?

Yeah this was totally unexpected. Cool that Nintendo saved the game.

This thread also delivered a lot of delicious, salty tears.

I wonder what Kamiya's twitter inbox looks like though
Considering the stuff people threw at him when he voiced his opinion on Sony Smash Bros. the fanboys must run totally insane now.

pants

Could someone kindly explain how a Bayonetta 2 can exist without SEGA being on the box? apologies if answered or if it was mentioned in the stream (didnt see the stream and this thread is going too fast)

duckroll

Could someone kindly explain how a Bayonetta 2 can exist without SEGA being on the box? apologies if answered or if it was mentioned in the stream (didnt see the stream and this thread is going too fast)

Sega is on the box. They're even on the trailer. They're just not publishing it.

Anth0ny

I marked out. Can't believe it's Wii U exclusive. Truly a MEGATON.

Hopefully this is the start of a very long and successful relationship between Nintendo and Platinum.

LET KAMIYA MAKE A NEW STAR FOX

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Straight up Dead Sea levels of salt in this thread. AMAZING.

Won't buy day one, but will buy.

StuBurns

Banned
I have a sneaky suspicion the people complaining that is a Wii U exclusive are the same people that didn't said they didn't buy a Wii U due to lack of third party games... just an inkling.
This isn't third party though.

The fact Nintendo is publishing Bayo 2 is no indication how the third parties will treat the platform. Personally, I don't mind buying a WiiU just for Nintendo's games, it will be worth it for me, but some people don't feel that way, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom