• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Damn, Nintendo. I was thinking the rumored specs of the Wii U were looking pretty good, but where are the games? And like KABOOM baby.

ihnfoxywrhximmcj0y.gif
My god lmao

Cipherr

really great news that the ip is still alive, but the desicion for the console is somehow pittyfull

Because Nintendo wants to sell a whopping 100,000 more Wii U's. Savvy business move!

Maybe there will be a Bayonetta 2 Sigma for PS3 and... PC????

dude said "Exclusive" wow

FUCK! WHY is this exclusive to Wii U???? DOES NOT make any sense! MAAAn im so angry right now :(

I came.... Why must it be an exclusive?! :(

Probably gonna bomb hard since it's exclusive.

Disappointing, and I don't even own one of the competing platforms or care that much about the game.
I was simply hoping to see this "moneyhatting for exclusives" for everything that isn't first party as a thing of the past, in this next console generation coming.

Very angry right now.

It was multi-platform before, I don't see why they decided to fuck a lot of the fans (I want to say most).

Guess its the money, but whatever, eff this.

There's no way it will be a Wii U Exclusive, hehehehehe........ RIGHT?

Want.

EDIT: Nooooooooooooooooo!

Well fuck me sideways.

Wait, exclusive? BOO! BOO, I SAY! :(

Haven't seen a good Betraylaton for a while.

:( please be timed exclusive.

Nice! Although I'm sure it will get a "Sigma" edition published by SEGA on other consoles.

But why? Is this the way for Nintendo to grab more fans for Wii U?

:( I guess it is...

Hope this goes multiplatform.

Is this exclusive?

Fuck, I have zero intention of buying this console. Fuck.

Is it Wii U Exclusive? If true then vaderno.jpg

Please don't be exclusive.

Exclusive? I sure as hell hope not.

exclusive? no no no no no fuck

Ugh! I couldn't be more divided on this annoucnement. As much as I want a Bayonetta 2, I don't want a god damn Wii U. I hope this is some timed exclusive bs becuase I don't know what Platinum Games is thinking putting their best and most "hardcore" franchise on a console whos little bro was known for being so casual. I don't know what type of audience they think is going to buy the Wii U.

QFYq1.gif

I say gotdamn. I guess this is a big deal? Yeah, it seems to be a big deal..

Just buy a damn wii u, it's a next-gen system, technically, at least. Nintendo's putting this out and showing they want a hardcore audience, too. Everyone's been saying Platinum are one of the best new devs of the last generation, and Nintendo listened, and now they have two games by them as exclusives. What more proof do you want?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Heh, honestly I thought the game is a Dante vs Bayonetta thing with the sword and bullets

My reaction:
Oh..Bayonetta port
wait...am I seeing "2"?
*sees Kamiya as just supervisor
oh.

New dev also did Bayonetta too you know

Monocle

This has blown my mind completely. Bayonetta 2 was number one on my list of dream games. I was sure it was nonexistent or canceled. Between Bayonetta 2 and the new Super Smash Bros., there's absolutely no question I'll be getting a Wii U now. Honestly, I was planning not to buy one, but this announcement changes everything.

pants

Sega is on the box. They're even on the trailer. They're just not publishing it.
so we have a weird situation where the ip owner is SEGA, publisher is Nintendo and developer is Platinum? This is so strange, the situation reminds me of licensed games.

Spierek

#moist

This, along with ZombiU and Rayman Legends have just elevated WiiU in my eyes to the "must buy" position. As for now, time to man up and finish Bayonetta on Hard (and maybe even on "Non-stop Climax").

The bitter tears are amazing!

GAF: "Fuck this being a WiiU exclusive, this is bullshit."

Common Sense: This game WOULDN'T EXIST if not for Nintendo.

How do you think audiences are created? Do you think system fanbases are created out of thin air?

Do you think if Bayonetta, GTA V, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, and Final Fantasy XV were all announced as Wii U exclusives, that fans would just sit back and say, "but that is a platform for casuals! I shall not buy it!"

A platform isn't defined by some magical aura which permeates reality and transcends generational gaps. It's defined by what games are on a system.

Is just people hating Nintendo as a company that refuse to buy any of their consoles, even if all the games they like become exclusive for them.
A pretty stupid stance if I may say.

Just buy the games you like people.

The funny thing with this one is that without Nintendo Bayonetta 2 would likely not exist.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
This isn't third party though.

The fact Nintendo is publishing Bayo 2 is no indication how the third parties will treat the platform. Personally, I don't mind buying a WiiU just for Nintendo's games, it will be worth it for me, but some people don't feel that way, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that perspective.

Definitely, if people think this will be different from the last two Nintendo consoles when it comes to third party support they are in for another shock.

Really if Nintendo just kept Platinum happy they could churn out 'core' games for them constantly at next to no effort on Nintendo's part.

It could be like Rare or something, them actually trying to one-up Nintendo (games) on their own system but FOR Nintendo kinda thing.

Next up, give From Software a call and fund a new Souls game. :D

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
WELL I GUESS I AM BUYING YOUR FUCKING CONSOLE, NINTENDO.

Bravo. Fucking. AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Lucc

There are some amazing salty tears in this thread.

my tears are as salty as the black sea... dried out to a single drop! fucking Nintendo.

I never had the slightest intention of ever buying a Nintendo system ever again and now this..

Daante

Really if Nintendo just kept Platinum happy they could churn out 'core' games for them constantly at next to no effort on Nintendo's part.

It could be like Rare or something, them actually trying to one-up Nintendo (games) on their own system but FOR Nintendo kinda thing.

Next up, give From Software a call and fund a new Souls game. :D

This, this, this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom