• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
Btw, if Nintendo keeps Platinum Games happy, I'm fairly certain they can keep their games exclusive from now on. That's the key point I think, whether as a first party publisher, they can publish the games Platinum makes with a level of success, and continue working with them. If it doesn't work out though, Platinum will no doubt want to hawk their wares on other platforms as well in future.
They Platinum budgets from Sega were crazy small, and first parties don't play royalties to platform holders, so they get quite a bit more per unit than a normal publisher. These games barely have to sell anything to make money.
I think that's what he's saying.
Indeed, he replied actually.

Alrus

I will wait this one out. I am sure in 1 year a port will be announced if Sega is involved.

That's not going to happen if Nintendo handled the deal correctly. What we might see (if the game is successful enough) is a Mass Effect type of situation where a potential sequel isn't exclusive (because Nintendo obviously didn't buy the IP).

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Platinum just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, nor will they purchase any of Platinum's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Platinum has alienated an entire market with this move.

Platinum, publicly apologize and make Bayonetta 2 multiplatform or you can kiss your business goodbye.

oh Memories

lol

clemenx

Banned

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, nor will they purchase any of Platinum's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Platinum has alienated an entire market with this move.

Platinum, publicly apologize and make Bayonetta 2 multiplatform or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Yesssssssssssssss. Always gets me.

I will wait this one out. I am sure in 1 year a port will be announced if Sega is involved.

Sega likely have very little to none of their non nonexistent money in this. The game would not be coming out if Nintendo was not investing in it - and I am sure some solid contracts were signed to tie the game to Nintendo platforms.

Akainu

I can't believe people are begging for ports. What the fuck kind of Platinum fan are you!? Are you not interested in The Wonderful 101 either? I just can't understand how ANYONE could be disappointed with TWO Platinum game announcements. Just fucking get over it and deal with it!
You can't get why someone would be upset that a multiplatform game is now exclusive? It was the same with Rayman Legends.

Satch

Banned
omg the queen is back omg omgomg omgomgofgmsdfbli

Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, how the fuck will i cope GAF

how the FUCK WILL I COPE

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Hey where's the guy who was so sure this game didn't exist and its cancellation was fact?

Forever was his name I think

OH MAH GOD she's back, she's really back.=D day motherfucking one on this. Bayonettaaaaa 2.:D next nintendo needs to fund a sequel to vanquish. DO IT IWATA.

KageMaru

I never use the word megaton but this is the perfect description. I haven't had any interest in buying a Wii-U but now it's looking like I may have to pick one up before this releases.

Hope this goes multiplatform.

You and me both. Nintendo did great by securing this though.

This thing is so versitle. A perfect organism. I admire it's purity.

Exactly, this shows that they are serious about making the kinds of moves that will get the core PS3/360 crowd to buy their console. I am encouraged to see that they know and acknowledge that there are plenty of us who have simply been waiting for them to give us reasons to buy into Nintendo again. If they release a bunch of multiplats that I can already play on my PS3 or 360, why the hell would I buy a Wii U? Mario, Zelda and Metroid just does not do it for many of us anymore. So I'll say again, keep it up Nintendo. I like what I am seeing.

They still need more exclusive Western-developed content aimed at that crowd, though. But this is at least a positive sign.

rvy

Banned
I can't believe people are begging for ports. What the fuck kind of Platinum fan are you!? Are you not interested in The Wonderful 101 either? I just can't understand how ANYONE could be disappointed with TWO Platinum game announcements. Just fucking get over it and deal with it!

Yeah, motherfuckers. Get your broke asses to the nearest Gamestop and buy a new console. The economic crisis is almost over, don't worry. Throw that money around like there's no tomorrow.

vall03

ah, its been a while lol

Varth

Hope a good moneyhat was involved, cause I somehow doubt they'll find on WiiU the sales they didn't have on PS3/360.

Though I hate that this is exclusive since I don't plan on ever buying a WiiU, I am also aware that it likely wouldn't be happening at all if Nintendo wasn't publishing it. So good on them.

I'm gonna guess that they release Bayonetta 2 first one Wii U, but it will eventually come to other consoles......maybe.

We don't know exactly how the publishing deal is working out, but if it's working out the way it seems, then Nintendo is directly funding the game's development.

I don't see why it would be any more likely to be ported than Wonderful 101 in that event.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm impressed and very interested in Nintendo's friendship with Platinum games. Props to Nintendo, for real.

Yagharek

My one hope for the two Platinum games is that they get hyped to hell and back by Nintendo. Platinum deserve big sales for their games, and given how Nintendo have published/pushed games like MH Tri, and received some good western sales - I hope the same happens for Platinum.

LOL, this made my day. Thanks!

Erethian

Haha, fucking Nintendo you genius fucks.

Now I have a real reason to buy the WiiU

Fucking awesome. :D

I hope it runs in Full HD @ 60 fps.

Between this and the Wonderful 101 Platinum will have a lot of good experience developing for the platform, so I'm expecting good things on a technical level.

Takuya

Banned
Meh, still not enough reason to buy into WiiU with the next-generation Playstation and XBOX looming around the corner. It's disappointing that it "seems" as though this game is exclusive to WiiU, but what can you do, you can't play all of them!

Lucc

i would have given them infamous, resistance, halo and i wouldn't care less.. but.. but why did it have to be Bayonetta?

supertearsi9dsa.gif

I-hate-u

Yeah, motherfuckers. Get your broke asses to the nearest Gamestop and buy a new console. The economic crisis is almost over, don't worry. Throw that money around like there's no tomorrow.

I would rather save my money and see what the other 2 do first.

Yuterald

I would be perfectly happy with Platinum staying exclusive to Nintendo if the opportunity presented itself. If Nintendo could collaborate with them with some of their old IPs (Star Fox, as most have mentioned) it would be a match made in heaven. On top of that, I'd KILL for a perfect Wii U port of the original Bayonetta.

Better yet, just fucking port all of their games like Vanquish, Anarchy Reigns, Metal Gear Rising, etc. to Wii U so we can have a perfect library of Platinum games on one, clean system.

Hey where's the guy who was so sure this game didn't exist and its cancellation was fact?

Forever was his name I think
Preeeeetty sure it was cancelled.
Kamiya said it was, but he trolls people all the time, so whatever.
SEGA aren't publishing stuff outside of a select few IP anymore, so they probably shut the door.

Nintendo saved this game. Saved it.

I swear I seen this in another thread somewhere. Practically word for word too. Oh well.

I'm over it now, but my initial reaction was just pure salt.

It's fun how a third party exclusive has changed gaf from "will never buy WiiU neither accept it for free" to OMG BOUGHT DAY ONE IS THIS REALITY in matter of minutes, you guys are pretty impressionable lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom