• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
i would have given them infamous, resistance, halo and i wouldn't care less.. but.. but why did it have to be Bayonetta?

supertearsi9dsa.gif

Grow up. The game was dead on the other consoles. It was either this or nothing.

Reclaimer

Full 1080p, 60fps Bayonetta 2 would be a system seller for me.

Anything close to that will be a nice pick up anyway.

I'm happy about this news.

Not my type of game but good for those who want this. Played a bit of the first and found it to be a button masher, although you could do far more complex combos and moves but it didn't feel necessary, a lot like DMC4. Good for Nintendo for securing a solid exclusive.

Pranay

The only reason why people are rather pissed at this being an exclusive is because its exclusive to WII U where people have shown disappointment with Specs and Prices.

I dont think Exclusivity is a bad thing.

Anyways I will gladly buy a WII U for this game and Zelda U !

It's fun how a third party exlusive has changed gaf from "will never buy WiiU neither accept it for free" to OMG BOUGHT DAY ONE IS THIS REALITY in matter of minutes, you guys are pretty impressionable lol.

Games sells hardware

beril

I still haven't gotten around to playing the original and it may not be a massive seller, but as far as gaf meltdown go, they really couldn't have picked a much better exclusive to announce

Kyou

some people here seem confused. The Wii U is a thing you can buy. With money! And play Bayonetta 2 on it!

Caelestis

Damn, I am not sure how to feel. First they play with our hearts that it's canceled, now it's exclusive to Wii U although the games started on different consoles that are still alive and well. I really can't justify buying it any time soon either after just getting a Vita/3DS. Ugh. :(

StuBurns

Banned
The only reason why people are rather pissed at this being an exclusive is because its exclusive to WII U where people have shown disappointment with Specs and Prices.

I dont think Exclusivity is a bad thing.

Anyways I will gladly buy a WII U for this game and Zelda U !
That's not rational, Bayo 2 was destine for current gen consoles if at all. Of course Orbis/Durango would stomp all over WiiU, but the PS360 don't.

Not my type of game but good for those who want this. Played a bit of the first and found it to be a button masher, although you could do far more complex combos and moves but it didn't feel necessary, a lot like DMC4. Good for Nintendo for securing a solid exclusive.

This is the worst post I've ever seen

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Some of the reactions to this news really make it hard to not think that, beneath Nintendo criticism, there really is just a practically religious meme that "Nintendo is LOL stupid kiddy and sux", no matter WHAT Nintendo could ever do or say.

There's so much rationalization flying around right now, denying what is happening in front of people's eyes.

Nintendo is doing exactly what they said they'd do, in spite of all the skepticism leveled at them.

They are doing what it takes to make Wii U the 'something for everyone' platform, they are getting the hardest of the hardcore niche titles like Bayonetta locked down, they're getting Monster Hunter. They pull out a fully respectable and intriguing showing of Call of Duty, replete with features that genuinely interest like IR gameplay options and full play on the controller itself.

But as Opiate said, there is no magical aura around a console or even brand that forever defines what it is. People seem to think there are only two kinds of set top game box: LOL KIDDY TOY and HARDCORE COME AT ME BROWARE. It's like it is breaking brains wide open, the notion that this thing is actually trying to do everything, and there is a possibility it might actually succeed.

ezekial45

Banned
My only wish for the game is that they don't go crazy with the touch screen gimmicks. I really, really don't want to have to swipe or make gestures on the pad to execute moves.

Very angry right now.

It was multi-platform before, I don't see why they decided to fuck a lot of the fans (I want to say most).

Guess its the money, but whatever, eff this.

Probably because the first one barely broke even or took a loss. Nintendo wisely gave them some money to fund it as an exclusive because it would have bombed on the other consoles. Even if it bombs on the Wii U which is probably likely it's still a nice feather in their cap, a good exclusive addition to the library.

Some of the reactions to this news really make it hard to not think that, beneath Nintendo criticism, there really is just a practically religious meme that "Nintendo is LOL stupid kiddy and sux", no matter WHAT Nintendo could ever do or say.

There's so much rationalization flying around right now, denying what is happening in front of people's eyes.

Nintendo is doing exactly what they said they'd do, in spite of all the skepticism leveled at them.

They are doing what it takes to make Wii U the 'something for everyone' platform, they are getting the hardest of the hardcore niche titles like Bayonetta locked down, they're getting Monster Hunter. They pull out a fully respectable and intriguing showing of Call of Duty, replete with features that genuinely interest like IR gameplay options and full play on the controller itself.

But as Opiate said, there is no magical aura around a console or even brand that forever defines what it is. People seem to think there are only two kinds of set top game box: LOL KIDDY TOY and HARDCORE COME AT ME BROWARE. It's like it is breaking brains wide open, the notion that this thing is actually trying to do everything, and there is a possibility it might actually succeed.

Nice post.

Alucrid

Banned

Hyperbole much?

So I guess the chances of any sexy Platinum Steam Fun Time from their visit to VALVe isn't happening any time soon, eh?

This is making a pretty decent argument for owning a Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom