• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
Wait, is this really a confirmed WiiU Exclusive ?

Or just Nintendo publishing it for the WiiU ?
That's an interesting question actually, because they're publishing WiiU versions of some multiplatform games right?

I doubt it's multiplatform, but yeah, not sure.

Kusagari

It's fun how a third party exclusive has changed gaf from "will never buy WiiU neither accept it for free" to OMG BOUGHT DAY ONE IS THIS REALITY in matter of minutes, you guys are pretty impressionable lol.

It has nothing to do with being impressionable. Bayonetta is my game of the generation and I know it's other GAFfers as well. I'd buy any system to play the sequel.

This is the worst post I've ever seen
I apologize for not blowing multiple loads and saying I'd trade Halo, MGS, God of War, Gran Turismo, Forza, Final Fantasy, Shenmue III, Grand Theft Auto 5, all just to play this game, accompanied by an angry animated gif. Great pick-up for the library, I hope we get more true exclusives so that the games can be created for the gamepad from the ground-up.

pants

Louis lane just died, he's about to fly so fast that the world starts spinning in the opposite direction and time itsself moves backwards.

Yeah... that actually happened...
Strangely a rather fitting back story in context to what is playing out in this thread lol

Hellion

By all means keep this nonsense Nintendo if it means I get a Vanquish 2.

I keep my copy Bayonetta in my underwear drawer with shame.

MormaPope

Banned
Why is Hideki Kamiya not directing this?

I understand he's supervising and all that, but this is his baby.

If it's a timed Wii-U exclusive that will be fine, but if Nintendo Money hatted Bayonetta for whatever reason I will be really disappointed, seeing Bayonetta 2 running on PS4/720 would be mindblowing.

It'll probably be mindblowing on Wii-U, but this news is really unexpected and odd.

duckroll

If Bayonetta 2 was exclusive to the PS3 I dont think we would be seeing the hate I see on in this thread.

I think if the game was exclusive to PS3, it would definitely have a lot of resentment as well from those who got the 360 version, especially since it was the best version of the game. Either way, a game is a game, no need to take shit so seriously. :p

Aeana

It's fun how a third party exclusive has changed gaf from "will never buy WiiU neither accept it for free" to OMG BOUGHT DAY ONE IS THIS REALITY in matter of minutes, you guys are pretty impressionable lol.

I'm still seeing plenty of people who are acting like they can't play it because it's on WiiU.

liger05

At least in that case most fans of the first wouldn't have to buy a new console for the second.

I would as I only have a 360 but I wouldnt be hating. Sometime I just get the feeling that no matter what nintendo do they cant win.

Yuterald

Yeah, motherfuckers. Get your broke asses to the nearest Gamestop and buy a new console. The economic crisis is almost over, don't worry. Throw that money around like there's no tomorrow.

It's not like Bayonetta 2 is coming out on November 18th. Shit, it wasn't even announced for the launch window. Who the hell knows how far along this game is. People are throwing fits about not being able to afford the system for a game that doesn't even have a release date. Christ, if you really want to play a game I'm sure you can afford investing $250-350 in a system & game when the time comes.

I'm fucking broke as shit right now and I've been looking for a new job too. Just because a game I was looking forward to is coming out on a system that I can't afford at the moment doesn't mean I have to like the game/announcement/news less. Jesus Christ, this should be a joyous occasion for true, old school gamers. We're talking about BAYONETTA 2 here, like, it's a real game! Published by Nintendo! Do you have any idea what this could mean for future publishing partner/collaborations!?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You still can.

KuGsj.gif

remz

If it's a timed Wii-U exclusive that will be fine, but if Nintendo Money hatted Bayonetta for whatever reason I will be really disappointed, seeing Bayonetta 2 running on PS4/720 would be mindblowing.

It'll probably be mindblowing on Wii-U, but this news is really unexpected and odd.

Kamiya is physically incapable of directing a sequel to his own games. Look at his history. The man can't do it

SykoTech

Bayonetta in smash yo

Unless they ease up on they're family-friendliness policies, I don't see Bayonetta getting in Smash without getting butchered. They already had to neuter Snake, and he's far more tame than a character that strips naked and shoots with guns on her feet.

miksar

So basically it was:

1) No Bayonetta 2
2) Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive

I don't understand how anyone can complain.

Monocle

Unless they ease up on they're family-friendliness policies, I don't see Bayonetta getting in Smash without getting butchered. They already had to neuter Snake, and he's far more tame than a character that strips naked and shoots with guns on her feet.
Oh, I wouldn't worry about that.

qS9Mt.gif

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why people are mad that they can't play it

I'm mad that I'm buying a fucking wiiu

Don't worry. Baypnetta will be B-produced quick money get scheme thing. They quickly recycle first game's mechanics and invent cheesy story.

No real inventions here. It will be boring.

People anticipating this should hope it's a true exclusive, not timed, so they can implement gamepad features from the ground-up instead of tacked on ones.

I think it'll be a real exclusive. How often do AAA "published by Nintendo/MS/Sony" games go over to other consoles? It can't be that often at all.

I'm perfectly happy with this. The first game was such a brilliant satire of excess.

Was planned to buy a WiiU anyway. This is just icing on the cake.

Triple U

Banned
Not a fan at all of Bayonetta but I will say this is a pretty good move for Nintendo and its third party initiative. Now keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom