• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Sega sold the IP? How is that working?

Nintendo: Hey, give us bayonetta and we'll let you do another sonic olympics game with us

sega:
JV7qU.jpg

Linkhero1

Fucking exclusive? Really? Not even the original ended up being exclusive despite being designed with only one console in mind.
Holding out for hope.

Hope for what? For it to go back to the grave Nintendo pulled it out of? Nintendo saved the game.

Nintendo: Hey, give us bayonetta and we'll let you do another sonic olympics game with us

sega:
JV7qU.jpg

lmao I wouldn't be surprised if it went down like this.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Man I was just playing Bayonetta again last weekend and thinking how much I was ready for a sequel

Then boom

goddamn I'm so hype for videogames right now

I'm angry coz it's a bit of a kick in the balls to those who actually supported the 1st game on non-Nintendo systems, much like the Resident Evil deal back on the GCN....

..but at the same time I know enough to know the game probably wouldn't be released without Nintendo stepping in.

My question is what's SEGA's deal here? They own the ip...but Platinum is developing and Nintendo is publishing...so what the fuck is SEGA doing? Counting the money that (hopefully) comes in?

Maybe we can get that deal going for Shenmue 3 too :D
nintendo likely owns the ip now

EVOL 100%

My question is what's SEGA's deal here? They own the ip...but Platinum is developing and Nintendo is publishing...so what the fuck is SEGA doing? Counting the money that (hopefully) comes in?

After loosing shitloads of money SEGA vowed to never release any games that don't sell bazillion copies anymore.

I did not expect to find a game that would single handedly force my hand on the Wii U.

It's a day one purchase. Hopefully it's farther along in the Wii U's life though.

Corto

Wow I came into this thread excited and expecting to find a ton of positive words toward the game. What gives GAF? You love Bayonetta, beg for a sequel, then suddenly turn on it when it is announced? I don't get it.

A multiplatform turning exclusive will always get some bad reactions. Even more so a cult game as Bayonetta. I know that it was rumored to be cancelled so an exclusive is better than that, I'm just explaining some of the reactions to this news. The crazies, those are inexplicable.

Basically it's this or nothing.

I wonder if some of the complainers would rather have nothing.

This is just merely one more game on the wii U that I would get.

I need 10 to go ahead and buy one...but since I'm a whore for 3D Mario and Smash Bros....I will get one as soon as one of those come out.

I am enjoying the rage in this thread tho.

lawlz

Pikma

Banned
I'm guessing that Nintendo's plan for the Wii U might be stepping up for the Japanese developers as they've had a lackluster showing this gen. If that is the case then it's possible Nintendo might seal a ton of 3rd party Japanese support. Nintendo might let Microsoft and Sony fight for western 3rd party studio support while they start scooping up all the Japanese support.

This would be awesome, and since the leap isn't going to be that leap, it will give japanese studios more of a big chance to properly evolve, and while being less expensive, as well.

Sentenza

Wow I came into this thread excited and expecting to find a ton of positive words toward the game. What gives GAF? You love Bayonetta, beg for a sequel, then suddenly turn on it when it is announced? I don't get it.
Well, this could be an *alien* concept for someone on GAF, but not everyone is interested in collecting every single gaming platform around.

And once again I should point that I don't own neither 360 or a PS3 and I don't care particularly for Bayonetta, so no, I'm not "salty".

demidar

Buy it, play the game you want, then sell it back if you're so adverse to having the product. It's not like your identity will be forever altered because you bought a Nintendo console.

... Is it?

Hate for Ninty knows no bounds, they'd rather a god-tier action game stay dead just because it's now on the "enemy's" console. Newsflash, Bayo 2 was at one point considered, for all intents and purposes, dead with 0% chance of recovery.

Duffyside

Banned
Couldn't this be a timed exclusive? Don't these execs pull that shit all the time? "EXCLUSIVE TO XBOX!.... ahemforthreemonthsahem..."

That's what I'm betting, but will nab Bayonetta 2 some day, if not day one since I'm still uncertain about the console. But with Bayo 2, Wonderful 101, and Smash, Zelda, (real) Mario all to certainly come, I can safely say that the Wii U will be bought by me at some point and that I will like it.

Endesu

Classic GAF freakout, I see. For some reason, the big ones ALWAYS seem to be connected to Nintendo.

I should probably try that copy of Bayonetta I have laying around already...

mclem

So what do you guys reckon the chances are of Nintendo buying Platinum Games in the future?

Nonzero.

I'm sure Nintendo are aware that they'd be a very useful asset filling notable gaps in their development library.
The Wii U strikes me as an appropriate platform for their budgetary range, and I'd hazard a guess that the two games lined up for it suggests that they don't dislike the platform by default!

Cons would be Nintendo's general reluctance to buy dev teams outright fearing that the talent would leave the company and the question about whether Platinum *wants* to be owned or is happier with their independence.

StuBurns

Banned
Then you're remarkably naive.

Alastor

Great news for the genre. We all should be united in hapiness that there are still some technical action games being made, regardless of their platform.

The_Monk

They should do some type of Limited Edition which it would include the first one as I believe there are people who have not played it and this way they could get their hands on both, on the same console.

If not, then something like Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 with the Comic Book for a Story/Interesting facts.

I didn't call them button mashers. Maybe you should read that post again.

Why the fuck are you lying in his face? Seriously, what the fuck do you think? Here's your original post:

Not my type of game but good for those who want this. Played a bit of the first and found it to be a button masher, although you could do far more complex combos and moves but it didn't feel necessary, a lot like DMC4. Good for Nintendo for securing a solid exclusive.

Where exactly do you get the courage to claim you did NOT call it a button masher? Are you really such an idiot or do you just think the person you're replying to is one? Seriously, wtf? Jesus Christ, why? Do people enjoy making asses of themselves? Or do you just hope to confuse the person you're replying to? What. The. Fuck.

the true megaton out of this whole thing and will get LOL but fuck that Wii U pricing so its gonna be the waiting game as usual (luckily i have a ton of games in the backlog until then).

Corto

∀ Narayan;42076338 said:
They need to sell the Vanquish IP to Nintendo PRONTO.

I would be OK with that. The only problem I see with Nintendo console exclusivity deals is that a PC port is impossible now.

jerd

Well, this could be an *alien* concept for someone on GAF, but not everyone is interested in collecting every single gaming platform around.

And once again I should point that I don't own neither 360 or a PS3 and I don't care particularly for Bayonetta, so no, I'm not "salty".

Better game you want on wrong system than no game at all, no?

Cipherr

Why the fuck are you lying in his face? Seriously, what the fuck do you think? Here's your original post:

Where exactly do you get the courage to claim you did NOT call it a button masher? Are you really such an idiot or do you just think the person you're replying to is one? Seriously, wtf?

Nobody does it like Heavy.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom