• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo has yet to ever lose Twin Snakes even though Konami could bring it to other platforms if they really wanted to.

If they could, they would have used the Twin Snakes graphics for all those awful MGS4 flashback images.

And RE Remake never got ported to anything else but the Wii.

Bulzeeb

Steelo's has one post on Bayonetta and about 57 on TWEWY iOS, so he'll need to work harder for one of those. :p

don't you see that he is prophetising the succes of TWEWY the same way he prophesied the fate of bayo, he was just under an NDA so he couldn't talk much about that

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Now this has to be bannable...

You're really out for blood arent you. Good day to be a crow-serving Nintendo faithful, but maybe try and curb that bloodlust a little, huh? Backseat modding has its own perils.

Great move by Nintendo. You can already tell from this thread that some core gamers who were not all that interested in the Wii U are now at least considering it. Of course you have the salty haters complaining, but they wouldn't buy the system anyways.

Getting core gamers and games to your system can only be considered good.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
holy shit when i read all the bullshit in this thread :

the true is

the license belongs to Sega
This is Nintendo that will support the edition of the game in partnership with Sega
PG are developers

Sega save Colver Studio because capcom fired them
Sega partnership with Platiniums Games for 4 games, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Madworld, Infinite Space,

the probability :
temporary exclusive because the license belongs to Sega

And then it comes to PC on Steam because Sega already releases their PC games on Steam and Somebody from Platinum was at Valve recently?

God I hope so - that way I can play the game!

MormaPope

Banned
So what's your plan? Seems like Nintendo saved this franchise and noe it's on their shit.

We gonna pout about it?

I guess you haven't seen my other replies but the antagonizing you're doing is childish and foolish.

I guess if you aren't ecstatic at this news you're just a big cry baby puss puss.

Opiate

Not willing enough, then. :D

Right. Everyone values games at different monetary values.

Some people, for example, would pay 500 dollars to play the new Metal Gear Solid. I'm not sure that would be a large crowd of people, but definitely some fans are dedicated enough that they would buy a 440 dollar system to play the game, then the game at 60 dollars, if that were the necessary requirement.

I think it's reasonable to assume that most people don't want to pay 360 dollars to play the new Bayonetta. You can be a big fan of the franchise and still not want to pay that much; I'm not sure how much a "big fan" has to be willing to pay, but surely someone willing to pay 150 dollars would qualify as a "big fan."

If some people see nothing else of interest on the Wii U system, then that is what this announcement is currently tantamount to; Bayonetta is the only game they want, so playing it has a barrier of entry of 360 dollars. However, I'm sure many, including Morma Pope, would be happy to buy the system if several other games they wanted appeared on the system -- then the cost of the system would no longer be placed exclusively on Bayonetta, and could be dispersed among the several games he wanted and planned to buy.

Famassu

Core gamers don't want to buy WiiU because at this point it appears to be at a graphical level of consoles they already have. Now they're pissed that they're being asked to shell X dollars for what they see as redundant technology...just to play games that they expected to get on their platform of choice next-gen.
Core gamers aren't core gamers if they are whiny-ass graphic whores.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Bayonetta, Jane and Teresa to be on Smash Bros U.

Hey dude, did you forget?
Bayonetta 2 uncancelled and now Wii U exclusive confirmed.

Now you can use this:
yq2ae.gif

Bayonetta is a button masher because you played a 20 minute demo? Okay.

It played a lot like DMC4 which I beat and played like it was a button masher (made by the same dudes?) so yeah I found it to be one, even though it can be much more complex if you choose to play it that way. A demo is plenty of time to get a feel of the combat. What a bizarre post to harp on for so many pages.

FyreWulff

If they could, they would have used the Twin Snakes graphics for all those awful MGS4 flashback images.

And RE Remake never got ported to anything else but the Wii.

REmake and Zero are still perplexing since I believe they were actually published by Capcom, who port their games to anything that's turing complete. But it was to show that even if Sega still owns the IP, much like how Konami owns Metal Gear, doesn't mean it will or can show up on other systems.

I'm still somewhat expecting Wii U to get a MGS HD collection and it'll have Twin Snakes in it.

mclem

Sega just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2 for WiiU, nor will they purchase any of Sega's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sega has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sega, publicly apologize and cancel Bayonetta for WiiU or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Platinum just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, nor will they purchase any of Platinum's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Platinum has alienated an entire market with this move.

Platinum, publicly apologize and make Bayonetta 2 multiplatform or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Is it Sega or Platinum? Or is there just a spate of foot-shooting going on like crazy over there?

Well, it's Bayonetta, I guess they might just be confused. She shoots *from* the feet, not in the feet.

mollipen

You said "clearly" would not be a word used to describe Sega not wanting to publish Bayonetta 2.

This tweet clearly shows, that at some point they did, but then it got cancelled.

I'm confused.

People keep saying that Bayonetta 2 wa cancelled at some point, but I've yet to see one shred of evidence showing that.

Obviously something happened to cause the game to switch platforms and publishers. I just have a feeling that it didn't go down exactly the way everybody seems to be assuming.

I tip my hat to you Nintendo, I'm glad that Bayo 2 will see the light of day. Now if you're feeling generous to help with another limboed SEGA project
...fund Shenmue 3.

Needless to say the WiiU finally has more of my attention, just wish I wasn't broke.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Really surprised that Nintendo is publishing this. The highly sexual nature of it doesn't seem up their alley. Awesome that it's getting made though.

remz

It played a lot like DMC4 which I beat and played like it was a button masher for me (made by the same dudes?) so yeah I found it to be one, even though it can be much more complex if you choose to play it that way. A demo is plenty of time to get a feel of the combat. What a bizarre post to harp on for so many pages.

You can't button mash to win past the most simplest of enemies in bayonetta, calling it a button masher is factually wrong, considering the rest of the game.

A lot of what makes the game great, I've noticed, seems to fly over the heads of those who aren't the action game faithful.

Emitan

It played a lot like DMC4 which I beat and played like it was a button masher (made by the same dudes?) so yeah I found it to be one, even though it can be much more complex if you choose to play it that way. A demo is plenty of time to get a feel of the combat. What a bizarre post to harp on for so many pages.

You're judging an entire game by its opening moments. You really think the game is that easy the whole time?

DJMicLuv

Never in a million years thought we'd see a Bayo2 especially on WiiU.
It has risen from the grave, touched by Nintenjesus.
Platinum+Nintendo is a good thing - Platinum's creativity and Nintendo's guidance and quality assurance sounds like a match made in heaven.
I'm very happy with this news!

magash

Some of you guys really need to grow up...If you thought Bayonetta being Wii U exclusive is bad wait until you see Final Fantasy 13 Versus on Wii U as an exclusive.

StuBurns

Banned

Some people, for example, would pay 500 dollars to play the new Metal Gear Solid. I'm not sure that would be a large crowd of people, but definitely some fans are dedicated enough that they would buy a 440 dollar system to play the game, then the game at 60 dollars, if that were the necessary requirement.

I think it's reasonable to assume that most people don't want to pay 360 dollars to play the new Bayonetta. You can be a big fan of the franchise and still not want to pay that much; I'm not sure how much a "big fan" has to be willing to pay, but surely someone willing to pay 150 dollars would qualify as a "big fan."

If some people see nothing else of interest on the Wii U system, then that is what this announcement is currently tantamount to; Bayonetta is the only game they want, so playing it has a barrier of entry of 360 dollars. However, I'm sure many, including Morma Pope, would be happy to buy the system if several other games they wanted appeared on the system -- then the cost of the system would no longer be placed exclusively on Bayonetta, and could be dispersed among the several games he wanted and planned to buy.
The only issue with that is you don't need to keep the system. I did buy a PS3 for MGS4, and it cost me whatever they cost at the time, but I didn't have to keep the console, I could have sold it the second I finished the game.

You could buy a used WiiU and Bayo 2 on a Friday, sell it on Monday, and it can't realistically have cost you that much.

You can't button mash to win past the most simplest of enemies in bayonetta, calling it a button masher is factually wrong, considering the rest of the game.

Does it play a lot like DMC4 or are there significant differences? Cause that's what it felt like to me. Not a big deal.

A lot of what makes the game great, I've noticed, seems to fly over the heads of those who aren't the action game faithful.

That would be moi.

FyreWulff

Really surprised that Nintendo is publishing this. The highly sexual nature of it doesn't seem up their alley. Awesome that it's getting made though.

They're the only one of the big 3 that allowed BMX XXX to be completely uncensored and had the more complete version of Conker's BFD uncensored. (MS censored the shit out of the remake).

I think this is more them saying "hey, by the way, we have no problems with these types of games."

B.O.O.M

Damn this really was a good surprise. Best thing out of the whole conference

and I think this could potentially tank as well...sure hope not

Why are you so upset about this? I didn't outright call it a button masher, that's how I played the game and beat it so I found it to be one but I understand if it's not considered one. Why is that a problem?

(I was always talking about Bayonetta btw, which would be obvious if you could read.) You EXPLICITLY called it a button masher. Jesus fuck. And I don't care about your opinion, just the blatant in-your-face lying (and the strawman in another post) and claiming you didn't do something that you very obviously did. Seriously. You can have any opinion you want obviously, but what's the reason for lying?

Some of you guys really need to grow up...If you thought Bayonetta being Wii U exclusive is bad wait until you see Final Fantasy 13 Versus on Wii U as an exclusive.

I wanted to post this but even I don't think exclusivity is gonna happen.

Multi-plat though is something I expect at this point lol.

Infinite

Does it play a lot like DMC4 or are there significant differences? Cause that's what it felt like to me. Not a big deal.

I think the real question is do you have any reason to post in this thread if you have no interest in the game being discussed? If you think it's a button masher fine.

People keep saying that Bayonetta 2 wa cancelled at some point, but I've yet to see one shred of evidence showing that.

Obviously something happened to cause the game to switch platforms and publishers. I just have a feeling that it didn't go down exactly the way everybody seems to be assuming.

So I guess you missed that huge Sega press release, saying from now on, they're only going to be focusing on 4 brands? And they cancelled Platinum's last game in NA for starters?

This is old news.

MormaPope

Banned

Exactly.

Add in the fact that none of us have seen anything to do with the game, chances are Bayonetta 2 won't stray far off quality wise compared to Bayonetta 1, but assuming Bayonetta 2 will be the end all be all action game of the forever isn't wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom