• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now people who like Bayonetta. And people who think Wonderful 101 looks interesting. And Rayman Legends. And ZombiU. Six months from now this list will be even longer.

Seriously, this is how you make your console appeal to people who don't just like Nintendo games: by getting other games on it.

All huge system sellers lulz

Like I said, next-gen. This duplicity is interesting, I see people bitching about wanting the next gen and PC being mired by console ports which don't take into account it's massive power, and seeing what the new consoles can bring to the table in terms of immersion, mechanics, and graphics (just look at 1313 and Watchdogs), and then some people go nuts over the WiiU.

I'm guessing it's mutually exclusive groups of people (with a small cross-section of Ninty games fans), because if you at all care about the next leap in games, you're certainly not buying a WiiU. You'll either stick to PC or wait for Nextbox/PS4.

Bayonetta 2, heck, even Shenmue III wouldn't matter. It's 2012, time for new hardware, and the WiiU doesn't cut it.

Zephyrus

Banned
Holy shit, Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive and published by Nintendo, AWESOME *W*

why is that awesome?

It pleases you that others can't play a 3rd party game on their console of choice?

Also does anyone find it wierd how nintendo is changing their direction with the wiiU?
I thought Nintendo were only about family friendly games.

Tain

I'm in the same boat, I'm assuming I'm gonna need a Japanese Wii U a few years down the line, when enough Japanese-exclusives come out to justify it. It sucks. At least I might be able to use the controller that way instead of buying a second one.

Has anyone actually confirmed region-locking? They didn't mention it and I've just been assuming.

Yeah, I've just been assuming as well.

I would flip (positively) if they decided to go PS3 with this.

zroid

Banned
Hohoho, can you even read?
Or may I have your magic ball were you see the future.

totally off topic but since you're in this thread, did you notice how some of the Nintendo Land mini-games seem to have a "mechanical" art design, kind of like animatronics? PRETTY COOL, RIGHT???

on topic: The Bayo2 logo looks amazing

fusionedd

Neo Member
Here you go, guys. :)

ib0iVyK7Iyk4iZ.gif

ipZwuUQoiWVEL.gif

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
No Nintendo hate, lots of people just aren't interested in their games (different tastes), and on top of that fail to see why they would buy an already obsolete new platform in 2012. I have a current gen console... I got it in 2007! Why would I buy a WiiU?

Unless you like Ninty games, the real juice is next-gen, Xbox 720 / PS4.

As for the game, just disappointed it isn't coming to other consoles. But at least it exists, I don't feel any "rage" or "entitlement" to it.

Tech is not / should not be more important to a system than the games it has. Look at the Vita.

Hero

why is that awesome?

It pleases you that others can't play a 3rd party game on their console of choice?

Also does anyone find it wierd how nintendo is changing their direction with the wiiU?

How about because without Nintendo's direct intervention this game wouldn't exist?

demidar

My guess as to NG3 being released on WiiU is Ninty trying to put a dent in their "kiddy" image considering this version will not only be improved but will reintroduce decapitations and a lovely new playable lady.

StuBurns

Banned
About the director, I saw someone post a list of games he's credited in, but does anyone have his roles in those games? I did some googling, and couldn't find his credits, but I did see some drawings he's posted, maybe he's from the art department?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Like I said, next-gen. This duplicity is interesting, I see people bitching about wanting the next gen and PC being mired by console ports which don't take into account it's massive power, and seeing what the new consoles can bring to the table in terms of immersion, mechanics, and graphics (just look at 1313 and Watchdogs), and then some people go nuts over the WiiU.

I'm guessing it's mutually exclusive groups of people (with a small cross-section of Ninty games fans), because if you at all care about the next leap in games, you're certainly not buying a WiiU. You'll either stick to PC or wait for Nextbox/PS4.

Bayonetta 2, heck, even Shenmue III wouldn't matter. It's 2012, time for new hardware, and the WiiU doesn't cut it.

What "next leap"? I'm buying a WiiU because it has games that I want to play. I love my PC because it has games that I like to play. Historically people buy consoles because those consoles have games they want to play regardless of the graphical power. Hardware quite honestly doesn't matter in the realm of sales to consumers, it only matters in terms of selling your system as a platform for developing games. (that consumers will then want to play)

Daschysta

why is that awesome?

Why would you think that? There are numerous examples of nintendo letting games go by that even other publishers haven't due to licentious content...

why is that awesome?

Holy smokes, this thread is delivering!

Alrus

I'm wondering if the 2 in the title is going to make marketing more difficult then it could be if they go with Bayonetta: Subtitle

I really doubt it. With the vast quantity of ports from ps360 the Wii U seems to be getting, not showing this as a clear sequel might cost them some sales. The plan is to get some of the ps360 crowd to come over after all.

And some of the comments in this thread are hilarious. It's getting on par with the Epic Mickey threads.

JoeInky

People can only own one console now?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
why is that awesome?

Maybe he doesn't give a crap about what others feel and is happy that he'll be able to play the game on his platform of choice?

Looking at this broadly -- adding Monster Hunter in to the mix, for example -- it does appear Nintendo has a legitimate window to pick up games, particularly Japanese games, which can't reasonably make the leap to HD+ budgets, or whatever we want to call PS4/720 budgets, but are nonetheless not handheld games, and are "core" focused titles.

I'm not sure how large that swathe of titles is, but it exists, and Nintendo may be able to fit in to that space. As for major western developers, I feel their only real hope is to get multiplatform versions of the big games, and even that may be a stretch.

I suspect Nintendo is trying to replicate the success they had with the 3DS in Japan, where it's effectively become the PSP2 instead of the Vita. By moneyhatting big, third-party, Japanese games, I think they're trying to choke off the PS4 from the Japanese market. To be honest, if that's what they're doing and it succeeds, I don't think anyone will like the results: Sony will almost certainly drop out of the PS4 fails, and the industry will effectively split in two; a Nintendo-dominated Japan and a Microsoft-dominated West. I don't want to give more power to Microsoft, since they're the ones that started this trend of greed that's inevitably going to result in a Western console games crash (or at the very least a crunch).

why is that awesome?

Mortal Kombat II, 1994

Tech is not / should not be more important to a system than the games it has. Look at the Vita.

Depends on how you market it. The Wii sold to older people and casuals who don't care about FPS games and stuff like that.

Other than that, you bet your ass tech matters when I'm sitting on my sofa with a big ass TV in front. Besides, better tech can improve a game, it's not just graphics.

Endo Punk

Bayo 2 Bomb? LOL. It's a killer app for a new system. Is it any different to purchasing sequels on any other new systems? Halo 3 didn't bomb, MGS4 neither etc.

Zeppelin

It doesn't need to.

That's Mario's job.

Why does it need saving anyway? Are you from the future?

Oh, I bet it'll sell well. Just like the Wii did. It'll appeal to the same crowd. But I doubt they'll win many over from the MS and Sony camps though. Even with Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive. You can save this post and let me eat in a couple of years if you will.

Edit: The teaser looks really slick though. Makes me wanna go replay Bayonetta.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
About the director, I saw someone post a list of games he's credited in, but does anyone have his roles in those games? I did some googling, and couldn't find his credits, but I did see some drawings he's posted, maybe he's from the art department?

He was an animator and special effects artist prior to being the producer on Bayonetta.

demidar

Depends on how you market it. The Wii sold to older people and casuals who don't care about FPS games and stuff like that.

Other than that, you bet your ass tech matters when I'm sitting on my sofa with a big ass TV in front. Besides, better tech can improve a game, it's not just graphics.

A game is trash if it plays like trash, graphics don't matter in those regards.

Kifimbo

why is that awesome?

Can't you read ? Because the game was dead. And probably buried. Like the whole franchise. It's better to have the game on only one console than on zero console.

Azure J

So after Nintendo's done being Flown to The Moon, is there any chance they can pick up someone who's been up there from 2000 and almost got rescued in 2011? Please?

#IBelieveinLegends3

Opiate

You mean, presuming that you define the next "leap in games" as related to technical power, and not something else like interface or network functionality or business model.

Which is fine if that's how you personally define the evolution of games, but it isn't how everyone would define it. That is certainly one manner in which games evolve that both the PS4 and Xbox 720 are likely to handily best the Wii U in.

why is that awesome?

Ugh. Monster Hunter Tri. No More Heroes. Mad World. MGS: Twin Snakes. How many fucking "adult" games do they have to release on their consoles before this shitty trolling goes away.

If I had a nickel for every time someone insulted me for not playing "real games" because they were on a wii.

AniHawk

you know, i don't get the anger. it's not like monster hunter 3 that was very actually going to be a ps3 game and then nintendo moneyhatted it over to their side. this was a cancelled game. it had passed on. this game was no more. it had ceased to be. it had expired and gone to meet its maker.

and now it's not. the difference between yesterday and today is that yesterday we all thought this game didn't exist at all, and today we know it's not the case.

Zephyrus

Banned

Holy smokes, this thread is delivering!

have I said something wierd?

getting a few wierd replies.

It isn't wrong to want this game on other systems is it?

Also it isn't right to say it's awesome that the game is exclusive to one console and others can't play it, is it?

abadguy

Banned
On the on hand a sequel to one of my favorite games this gen is actually getting made when at one point it was dead as fried chicken. On the other hand it's coming to a console that i won't be able to afford for some time.

Oh well at least it's being made so i can play it eventually. Good Job Ninty! Now just fund Shenmue 3 and i will love you forever!

Decado

And now people who like Bayonetta. And people who think Wonderful 101 looks interesting. And Rayman Legends. And ZombiU. Six months from now this list will be even longer.

Seriously, this is how you make your console appeal to people who don't just like Nintendo games: by getting other games on it.

Does anyone believe, even for a second, that the Ubisoft games will remain exclusive? 0_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom