• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

i agree with this completely..

this thread delivers in another way though, it REALLY points out the zealots of Nintendo, who take it extremely personal when you say you don't like their sacred cow, so much so that even daring to say that you still won't buy the wiiu is like some irrational pathetic thing.

Yeah, its all those irrational raging Ninty fans that have been stepping over the line in this thread and getting themselves banned
yaocmonson.png

Hahah, you looked at this thread, and THAT'S what you take away from it?

yes, the salt it typical, if it wasn't Nintendo, it would be for whatever other console they didn't own, but the Nintendo Zealotry sticsk out more because its exclusive to Nintendo fans. You guys seriously have a problem with people NOT wanting a nintendo console.

Yeah, its all those irrational raging Ninty fans that have been stepping over the line in this thread and getting themselves banned
yaocmonson.png

read above.

It is kinda puzzling to refuse to buy hardware that has games you want on it, though. It honestly sounds like some people would be happier with a machine with no games as long as it has their favorite company's logo on it. Going where the games are is really the logical choice. It isn't pathetic or anything like that, just kinda weird, because it really is as simple as buying hardware you need to in order to play the games you want, just as it always has been.

How is it puzzling? I have 0 interest in a Nintendo console or their franchises, I want Bayonetta 2, I'm not going to buy a console for one game.

There, mystery solved.

Angry Fork

These reactions make no sense. How is it people are angry at Nintendo for saving a franchise they profess to love?

They may not be interested in anything else on the system so spending 300$+ for 1 game angers them. I'm sure they're glad it exists they just wish it wasn't in this way. Shit happens though that's what exclusives are about, if they care that deeply about the franchise they'll get it, but I think they have a right to be upset and it's not blind Nintendo hating.

If I knew for 100% certain that a Remedy game was exclusive to a platform and wouldn't ever go to PC or anywhere else I'd probably get it for that. I was pissed at Microsoft for a long time for keeping Alan Wake exclusive. I waited out for it on PC hoping Remedy would find a way to do it and was rewarded eventually but I don't think that's going to be the case with Bayonetta 2. Maybe Nintendo only made a 1-2 year deal with Sega though and after that Sega can do what it wants with it who knows.

Bayonetta 2 being exclusive to the WiiU is reason to be excited because it gives people a reason to actually want to buy the damn system.

Is that not why we buy consoles? For the games?

This is what confuses me about this whole thing. I want an incentive to buy a new console. If said incentive reveals itself, then I'm happy because I now have a reason to buy the console. Doubly so with Bayo 2, since it was likely never going to be released otherwise.

yes, the salt it typical, if it wasn't Nintendo, it would be for whatever other console they didn't own, but the Nintendo Zealotry stick out more because its exclusive to Nintendo fans.

But it is for Nintendo, because Nintendo saved the game from cancellation, because no one else wanted to publish it. I think THAT'S what people are happy about.

But yeah, focus on the negative side, I guess.

yes, the salt it typical, if it wasn't Nintendo, it would be for whatever other console they didn't own, but the Nintendo Zealotry sticsk out more because its exclusive to Nintendo fans. You guys seriously have a problem with people NOT wanting a nintendo console.

Heh. It's been a while since I've seen such a far gone case of selective reading.

But it is for Nintendo, because Nintendo save the game from cancellation, because no one else wanted to publish it. I think THAT'S what people are happy about.

But yeah, focus on the negative side, I guess.

are you trying to not comprehend what i'm saying? its not about Bayonetta 2, its about the disbelief that people don't want to buy a wiiu over this.

Then you don't want Bayonetta 2.

because not wanting to pay 3+ dollars for a console +bayonetta 2 means a lack of want of bayonetta 2. He wants it, he clearly just doesn't need it..especially not that bad.

Coxy

Awesome stuff, I'm a little concerned about the staff though so as excited as I should be for a Bayonetta 2 I cant really see myself going $400+ for it, especially not helmed by Inaba, maybe if it was by Kamiya but Inaba is responsible for all the Platinum Games I like least.

I'll have to wait a year and see if it's actually any good, remains exclusive and if nintendo offers anything better than 32GB, so as excited as I should be for a Bayonetta 2 that's a major delay for the hype train

it's not because of the graphics. It's because, currently, I can only support one system each gen. I lack the time and the money to buy two systems and get games for both of them.

I have to save every single euro and cent to buy atleast one game a month and I have to deprive myself of many things if I want to get them.
That's understandable. I hope whichever console you pick is worth the money.

Majukun

I believe Sega would once the exclusivity runs out.

there is no "exclusivity" involved...
nintendo is making the game with platinum,so no one can take away from them the esclusive.

but bayo 3 is free to go to whatever console sega and platinum will prefere

Dascu

Kinda hard to say because there really aren't a lot of PS3 or 360 exclusives anymore, other than first-party output and port begging there is out of the question by default.

Poyunch

why is that awesome?

It pleases you that others can't play a 3rd party game on their console of choice?

Also does anyone find it wierd how nintendo is changing their direction with the wiiU?
I thought Nintendo were only about family friendly games.

Does your family only include children? Where are the adults?

F#A#Oo

Banned
How is it puzzling? I have 0 interest in a Nintendo console or their franchises, I want Bayonetta 2, I'm not going to buy a console for one game.

There, mystery solved.

Plenty of people buy a consoles for just one game...infact I'm buying the Wii U just for Pikmin!

If you really like Bayonetta you would jump in...

This is what confuses me about this whole thing. I want an incentive to buy a new console. If said incentive reveals itself, then I'm happy because I now have a reason to buy the console. Doubly so with Bayo 2, since it was likely never going to be released otherwise.

People are too attached to brand names.

Gleethor

Some of the reactions to this news really make it hard to not think that, beneath Nintendo criticism, there really is just a practically religious meme that "Nintendo is LOL stupid kiddy and sux", no matter WHAT Nintendo could ever do or say.

There's so much rationalization flying around right now, denying what is happening in front of people's eyes.

Nintendo is doing exactly what they said they'd do, in spite of all the skepticism leveled at them.

They are doing what it takes to make Wii U the 'something for everyone' platform, they are getting the hardest of the hardcore niche titles like Bayonetta locked down, they're getting Monster Hunter. They pull out a fully respectable and intriguing showing of Call of Duty, replete with features that genuinely interest like IR gameplay options and full play on the controller itself.

But as Opiate said, there is no magical aura around a console or even brand that forever defines what it is. People seem to think there are only two kinds of set top game box: LOL KIDDY TOY and HARDCORE COME AT ME BROWARE. It's like it is breaking brains wide open, the notion that this thing is actually trying to do everything, and there is a possibility it might actually succeed.

Goddamn this.

Persona7

Banned
I do believe as an exclusive title Bayo 2 will be a lot more focused and undoubtedly superior title. So we wont get poor ports that just waste time and sales potential.

Bayonetta is a 360 exclusive as far as I am concerned.

Platinum didn't even touch the PS3 version.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
They just want their name on the box. And the money.

Don't forget all the SEGA references and SEGA themed-stages, like in the first game. Actually, with Nintendo on board now too I wonder if we'll be able to get some Nintendo-themed stages now, too?

(/PlatinumsdreamtomakeaStarfoxgamenowareality)

For people saying they are hoping for the game on other consoles, this is published by Nintendo. Nintendo has proven time and time again when they go to publish and be the distributor of a title, they play exclusivity for keeps.

(/peoplestillaskingforResidentEvilREmakeonotherconsoles10yearslater)

iavi

This is the weirdest powerplay ever. A good percentage of Bayo 2 must have been done before Sega canceled it.

Its the only reason I can see Nintendo finding it worth finishing, as they also pay for The Wonderful 101.

Famassu

- honestly, if the game had been PS360 and Kamiya had been confirmed as not directing it, the news would have given me mixed feelings. Why? Because I bought DMC2 on release. I know the situations are different but that would have been my knee jerk reaction anyway.
1) Kamiya still seems to be heavily involved in this, he's just not the director.

2) DMC2 was a rushed out sequel by a completely different team (and it might've even been a completely different game at one point, IIRC)

Aeana

There, mystery solved.
There's nothing wrong with not wanting to buy a console for one game. In fact, it is smart to wait until there are several. But I also think that anyone posting here has been through a couple of generations In their time and has gone through this whole song and dance before. Outside of corporate loyalty, you choose hardware based on interesting software. That's how it has always been. I can't imagine you've never been in a situation like this before. New generations start, and you have to decide which systems to buy.

The puzzling part is people deciding that Bayonetta 2 will always be the only interesting game on the system before it has even launched, and thus getting downright angry about the platform this game is on.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Bad sequel to awful original on terribad console.

Pass.
dat mod immunity
There's nothing wrong with not wanting to buy a console for one game. In fact, it is smart to wait until there are several. But I also think that anyone posting here has been through a couple of generations In their time and has gone through this whole song and dance before. Outside of corporate loyalty, you choose hardware based on interesting software. That's how it has always been. I can't imagine you've never been in a situation like this before. New generations start, and you have to decide which systems to buy.

The puzzling part is people deciding that Bayonetta 2 will always be the only interesting game on the system before it has even launched, and thus getting downright angry about the platform this game is on.
You should have realised after all this time that console loyalty is quite similar to sports loyalty. There are very few people who follow veritably understandable reasons to stick to one manufacturer.
Sega just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2 for WiiU, nor will they purchase any of Sega's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sega has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sega, publicly apologize and cancel Bayonetta for WiiU or you can kiss your business goodbye.
fuck yes this is what I was expecting (and lol at the people who bit the bait)

Kifimbo

Maybe someone said it already, but Nintendo is not only giving Bayonetta a second chance, but they are probably saving PlatinumGames with this sequel and A Wonderful 100 (P-100). At least for now.

read above.

Because we put up with this shit over and over again in every fucking thread.

MYE

read above.

The fuck is dis

OmegaZero

Mind posting some examples? I haven't seen anything indicating that so far (but this thread moves way too fast for me to keep up anyway).

Why is it puzzling? If the only game on WiiU you want is Bayo 2, why would it be puzzling people don't want to buy a console just for it?

Surely there are more than just one game you can find to buy for the system?

and the save up for the game/system and then sell it or find someone around you to borrow the system from.

There are ways to go about this.

But if that's too much then move on.

I bought an Xbox to play Star Ocean 4 (dear god what have I done???) and a Vita to basically play Gravity Rush. Wii U isn't going to die the day after Bayo2 comes out. I'm sure there will be enough games to make it worth it.

I buy systems to play games I want to play.

Plus you can get a system for cheap rather quickly nowadays with Amazon (Got my Vita for 100 bucks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom