• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit, why does it have to be nintendo exclusive, a sequel to beyonetta that looks just like beyonetta, or only slightly better graphically? why no next gen, noOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

VariantX

What a bunch of assholes. Why an exclusive? I don't wanna spend $200 or so just to play this.

Because Nintendo put their money and support for the game that no one else was willing to give it?

Why the hell is it ok for Microsoft and Sony to try and gather high profile exclusive titles to make their own consoles more valuable, but when Nintendo does it, the salt just falls from the sky like a snowstorm?

So much misplaced, and pointless anger its not even funny in this thread.

Just curious, do you own every system?

Yes, though I use my 360 the least and bought it for Death Tank, Banjo, Shadow Complex and Lost Odyssey mainly. PS3 and Wii get about the same usage time (playing through SOTC at the moment on the former and still trying to complete DKCR on the latter), with most of my current gaming divided between my PSP, 3DS, iPhone and PC. No Vita.

Not sure how its relevant but there is your answer. Why do you ask?

"Nintendo needs more non first-party exclusives to keep their systems relevant!"

Nintendo gets Bayonetta 2 as exclusive.

"Why the hell did they make that exclusive?!!?! Screw you Nintendo!!"

ArjanN

But then its a moot point because the game was dead and you weren't getting the game anyway.

Yeah, but now the game is not dead and it's exclusive. You really don't have to be a genius to see how that can be annoying to people.

Not to mention I'm still not really convinced there wouldn't have been a sequel eventually anyway.

To the people in disbelief/rage: you're allowed to buy a Wii U.

Thanks. On an unrelated note, can you spot me 300 bucks? :p

VegaNine

shit, why does it have to be nintendo exclusive, a sequel to beyonetta that looks just like beyonetta, or only slightly better graphically? why no next gen, noOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, you can do a Twitter search for "Bayonetta 2 NOOOOOO" with any number of "O's" and get a string of results. Just click the "ALL" tab.

CLEEK

So Nintendo rescuing a loved, dead franchise is a bad thing now? Holy fuck at some gamers. People would honestly prefer a game to be thoretically multi-format and not exist, than be exclusive and exist. Cray, crazy, crazy.

I'm not sure what news this morning has made me happier. The relatively cheap Aussie price of the Wii U, or this.

abadguy

Banned
To the people in disbelief/rage: you're allowed to buy a Wii U.

Sure assuming you have the money to buy it, or was interested in a Wii U in the first place. I can understand people being disappointed in that. Not the Twitter nutjobs and fanboys, but regular folk who don't usually own more than one console.

This isn't like the FF13 thing where you have an exclusive going multi and people raging about people on other platforms they don't own getting to play it, this is a game where the first one was multi platform and now you can only play it if you own that console.

Much better than not having it at all, i agree. But it isn't hard to understand why some would be annoyed at this, especially if they have no plans to buy the console for that game.

By the way is this going to be a launch/ launch window title?

Huge, megaton OMG|OMG|OMG etc. etc. within gaf. No real significance at all outside of gaf.

IIRC didn't Bayo sell well under 2 million copies on both platforms combined, and didn't even break 1 million on 360? Not exactly what any rational person would call a system seller. Doubt this will do a whole lot for the U. This thread has been pretty fun to read so far, though :)

Huge, megaton OMG|OMG|OMG etc. etc. within gaf. No real significance at all outside of gaf.

IIRC didn't Bayo sell well under 2 million copies on both platforms combined, and didn't even break 1 million on 360? Not exactly what any rational person would call a system seller. Doubt this will do a whole lot for the U. This thread has been pretty fun to read so far, though :)

I don't think anyone expects Bayonetta to be a system seller.

If there's something Nintendo doesn't really need help with, it's system sellers.

ManeKast

I am perplexed/boggled as to how anyone could see this as a negative thing. Nintendo bringing back a beloved franchise, to its new console, awesome. So much awesome. Some gamers have such a strange sense of entitlement, blows me away.

I would like to think Nintendo's publishing would give it some juice, but I guess we will see.

Culex

Banned
I know, the amount of hypocrisy is amazing!

You can't complain about Nintendo having no titles announced from 3rd parties, or exclusives, and then complain that your game is now only on a Nintendo platform.

Your tears are sweet, not salty.

So people would rather kill themselves before getting Bayonettaii on a Nintendo console? At least buy it and play it first then do it. Geez, get it right people.

Some people play games because of how fun/good they are, not how much they sell. Shocking, I know.

ivysaur12

Banned

This is keeping me going through a very boring work day.

ArjanN

That says more about non-GAF than it does about GAF.

But yeah, I'm assuming this was a fairly cheap pickup for Nintendo.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, but now the game is not dead and it's exclusive. You really don't have to be a genius to see how that can be annoying to people.

Not to mention I'm still not really convinced there wouldn't have been a sequel eventually anyway.

Won't be the first time Sega dropped a popular game series indefinitely. Anyways, this offers you the chance to eventually pick up the game when the console drops in price a few years down the line. Or even just borrow the console from a friend to play it.

That always kills me.

The thing is I can understand people being disappointed about not getting the game on the system they own but people do seem to get overly angry about the idea of hardcore games going to Nintendo...because their systems aren't supposedly 'for' them. All a bit odd.

Am already dreading the sales threads :/

From the MH thread:
At first I was all pissed... but then, I realised I don't even play this game anyway.

*shrug*

Warning: Tangential rant following!

You know what the biggest suck about Wii games been 'cheap and cheerful'?

Cost savings aren't passed along to consumers. Indeed, if you're unlucky enough to be in the PAL region with a shitty ass PAL console, you're been reamed. Fuck reamed even.

Woo! $90 USD Metroid Prime, 4 months late!

Fuck you Nintendo, right up the ass. Take your profits, your cheap and cheerful wonder, and make a decent console, and some decent games. Fucking oxygen thieves.

*breathes*

Personally... there's no reason to buy this sort of game on the Wii. The Wii will forever more be relegated to the Nintendo games and waggle* party games playing machine for this gamer with all three systems.

*important to qualify, because party games could include things like Singstar... in otherwords, if I need to buy more periphials for the Wii, what's the point right?

AMAZE - find better in the other threads. Try ;p

Beth Cyra

You have to be incredibly dense or just refuse to live in reality to think the game was coming another way.

The amount of times even Sega has come out and said they where dropping the vast majority of retail products so they can double down on select high selling properties is in the dozens already.

Bayo 2 got canned when all the trouble hit Sega early this year, late last year.

hatchx

Banned
Sure assuming you have the money to buy it, or was interested in a Wii U in the first place. I can understand people being disappointed in that. Not the Twitter nutjobs and fanboys, but regular folk who don't usually own more than one console.

This isn't like the FF13 thing where you have an exclusive going multi and people raging about people on other platforms they don't own getting to play it, this is a game where the first one was multi platform and now you can only play it if you own that console.

Much better than not having it at all, i agree. But it isn't hard to understand why some would be annoyed at this, especially if they have no plans to buy the console for that game.

By the way is this going to be a launch/ launch window title?

It seems if Nintendo wasn't publishing Bayonetta 2, it would not even get made.

It's an awkward one.

Imagine your favourite multiplatform third party game just doesn't sell that well. Nobody is interested in publishing it. Out of nowhere, the publisher you are not interested decides to invest in the sequel but the catch is you have to buy that publisher's hardware to play it.

Even if you won't buy or borrow a WiiU to play it, the only way to approach this circumstance is to be happy others DO get to play it and hope it keeps the franchise relevant into the future.

This is not at all like what Capcom has done with Monster Hunter or what Square-Enix has done with Kingdom Hearts. They somewhat abused their fans by radically switching big franchises to different hardware (from Sony to Nintendo, usually). I can understand some of the bitter tears, for single console owners especially.

abadguy

Banned

You can't complain about Nintendo having no titles announced from 3rd parties, or exclusives, and then complain that your game is now only on a Nintendo platform.

Your tears are sweet, not salty.

Um....ok.

Oh my god. Some of the posts in this thread are pure gold. I didn't even know there were this many diehard Bayonetta fans.

If there were that many Bayonetta fans, the game would have sold better and the sequel wouldn't have been cancelled/revived in the first place!

GAF is pretty crazy for the game though.

It's not dead because it's an exclusive.

Nintendo bank rolled it.

No Nintendo, No game.

Maybe in the future Sega would have made a break trhough and went back and finished it but why would they wait for that when they can get guaranteed monies now?

Sega is going broke. They need the cash. Nintendo was willing and here we are.

I get the whole "damn I wish this was on a system I currently have" sentiment because buying a system for one game is stupid. I really do but understand that there is no Bayonetta 2 without Nintendo.

That much we all should be able to agree with.

Aesthet1c

What the fuck is this shit.

Go ahead and laugh, I guess it's cool to make fun of everyone who is upset this is a Wii-U exclusive.

Bayonetta is one of my favorite games of all time and I have no intention of buying a Wii-U... I wouldn't mind if it was a Microsoft or Sony exclusive because at least they still have other games to play on their system that are in the vein of Bayonetta.

Putting Bayonetta 2 exclusively on a family friendly Mario console is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard of.

Jigsaw

Banned

they have so many franchises people want sequels for years now,why not making a new starfox,super metroid or mario 64-2

why do they have to steal our games?and that's exactly what they do,taking a beloved 3rd party franchise and making it exclusive so others can't play it is stealing

They're not Bayonetta fans.

i am a bayonetta fan

Ridley327

I would say this announcement could not have gone better for Nintendo. Whether you feel good, bad, or indifferent to this announcement, people are talking about the Wii U in a way that no one could have forseen coming out of the disappointing E3 presentation.

SgtCobra

What the fuck is this shit.

Go ahead and laugh, I guess it's cool to make fun of everyone who is upset this is a Wii-U exclusive.

Bayonetta is one of my favorite games of all time and I have no intention of buying a Wii-U... I wouldn't mind if it was a Microsoft or Sony exclusive because at least they still have other games to play on their system that are in the vein of Bayonetta.

Putting Bayonetta 2 exclusively on a family friendly Mario console is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard of.

You know what it is.
It's Bayonetta 2 on the WiiU
Or no Bayonetta 2

Simple as that :p

I don't like the idea of the exclusivity of a sequel of a formr multiplatform title, but what else do you want if neither Sony or MS wanted to publish it?
I'm interested on how this will sell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom