• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3 Release Date Reaffirmed for 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Early this morning, Nintendo released its latest financial report to go over its earnings from the past fiscal year. While this report focused on how the video game publisher did in the previous year, it also provided a roadmap of what it has in store down the road. In doing so, Nintendo listed the launch window for Bayonetta 3 and reaffirmed that the game is slated to release before 2022 comes to a close. No further release window within this year was provided by Nintendo, but it doesn't look like the game is in danger of being delayed, at least for now.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
For now...
girl-sure-jan.gif

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Is there any hype for this anymore? Legit not trolling or starting console bullshit, I just feel like the posts that mention Bayonetta 3 have gone way down since the golden era of "I hope Keighley gives us a Bayonetta trailer at TGS and not a five minute spot for lesbian amputee Hispanic game developers and their sponsorship with Gilette!"

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

I'm assuming this will be a massive downgrade from the Bayonetta 2. Platinum probably struggling with Switch hardware. Astral Chain looked like shit TBH.
Gonna guess its gonna have an uncapped frame but still be around 30s to lower 20s most of the time unless the kill the resolution.

Could well be one of the the last good Platinum Games game.
I hope it’s good.
Personally I don't expect much from them anymore after what Inaba said about next gen and their recent output.

Varteras

Gold Member
I hope for Platinum's sake they get this right. Because I have a feeling they're one more flop away from having to lay off a ton of staff, close up shop, or sell to whoever is willing to buy them without much bargaining power.

ssringo

I'll buy it because it's Bayonetta (even though it's a different Bayonetta) but I'm not nearly as excited as I was for Bayonetta 2 and frankly I'm kinda expecting a disappointment. Hope I'm wrong though!

I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets delayed again; Platinum is not doing so hot nowadays. I’m hoping it’s good, but man based on the trailer Bayonetta 2 had more appealing graphics (I’m not going to say technically better, but there’s something about 3 that looks flat in comparison). Here’s hoping Platinum can get out of this rut or they may go the way of the dodo or the acquisition.

Astral Dog

God we been waiting for so long, but she is almost here 😭 the wait for E3 Direct has been pain

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wonder how they'll top an intro where you fight atop flying jet fighters and then climb skyscrapers and summon giant beasts etc.

Last edited:
I hope for Platinum's sake they get this right. Because I have a feeling they're one more flop away from having to lay off a ton of staff, close up shop, or sell to whoever is willing to buy them without much bargaining power.
Nah. I can see Microsoft licking their lips. A Japanese publisher that puts out tons of content, alongside critical darlings on occasion? Gamepass gold!

tommib

Wonder how they'll top an intro where you fight atop flying jet fighters and then climb skyscrapers and summon giant beasts etc.

Easy:

Wonder how they'll top an intro where you fight atop flying jet fighters and then climb skyscrapers and summon giant breasts etc.

Fbh

I hope so.
Between Triangle Strategy, Kirby, Xenoblade 3 and this it has been nice having a lot of reasons to stop my Switch from just gathering dust in a corner.

Is there any hype for this anymore? Legit not trolling or starting console bullshit, I just feel like the posts that mention Bayonetta 3 have gone way down since the golden era of "I hope Keighley gives us a Bayonetta trailer at TGS and not a five minute spot for lesbian amputee Hispanic game developers and their sponsorship with Gilette!"

I'm still looking forward to it and aside from it being broken or complete trash I intend to buy it on day 1. But I no longer have that blind trust in Platinum that I used to have and after 5 years since the original announcement it's hard not to speculate something must have gone wrong during development.

The gameplay reveal was also a bit underwhelming with too many grey environments and a controlling giant monsters gimmick that doesn't particularly hype me.

Top Bottom