• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3 Trailer (2022) Mommy is back

Vaelka

Looking around it really feels like people always get hyped about everything regardless.

It's okay to be disappointed.
I really dunno how anyone could look at this and not be disappointed.

I approve of the new hair. Can't wait to beat enemies into submission with those epic braids.

Bayonetta 3 should not be open world. The structure of 1 and 2 is perfect. Extra campaigns like Nier Automata would be great tho.
I actually kind of like the idea of a (semi) open world Bayonetta. This way, people like me who liked the more laid back pacing of Bayo 1 more could be reconciled with the people who preferred the intense boss-rush-iness of the second game.

Last edited:
These games look progressively worse, Deadly Premonition looks better than this. Those backgrounds and some of the larger monsters are straight up Earth Defense Force 2025 tier. Gameplay appears mechanically simpler than bayo 2 which was already less complex than the first. I don't need 2 diet Bayonettas and yet im still gonna day one it, shame on me for perpetuating this lazy ass effort but i feel compelled to support the 5 dudes that worked on this.
You're definitely trolling and being an ass. No way in Hell Deadly Premonition and Earth Defense looks better than this

Notabueno

Banned
Pretending that 2 looks better with all the mud textures and filtering is some clown shit.
Most importantly tho, this game is improving on gameplay it seems and they feel confident enough to showcase it in the trailer unlike Bayo 2.

Yeah, about the fan service...unistall twitter?
In the first 10 seconds since Bayo arrives on the trailer you get her ass in a close up.
The suit not disappearing while wick weaving while having more hair than ever before makes more sense than the stupid short hair of 2.

Her infernal Demons are the same as before, which were by no coincidence references to DMC1 bosses ofcourse, you even get the "Flock off feather face!" in Bayo 1 as a reference.

Checkout For Gryphon and this for Phantom

Ah yes forgot thanks, this game was ages ago.

Looking around it really feels like people always get hyped about everything regardless.

It's okay to be disappointed.
I really dunno how anyone could look at this and not be disappointed.

I just wish Nintendo were a little more up to date in hardware and OS features, that’s not to say I dont enjoy a lot of their games

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
For those who don't know it, Cereza means Cherry in Spanish
xbgO0qQ.gif

John Wick

Tbh I didn't think much of this. Clearly the Switch is holding back this title. It needs far more powerful hardware to do this game justice graphically at least. The colour palette was all greys and browns. Not impressed.

spons

Gold Member
Tbh I didn't think much of this. Clearly the Switch is holding back this title. It needs far more powerful hardware to do this game justice graphically at least. The colour palette was all greys and browns. Not impressed.
Looks fine to me. You can dislike the art style, but saying that the color palette is held back by the Switch's hardware is just nonsense.

John Wick

Looks fine to me. You can dislike the art style, but saying that the color palette is held back by the Switch's hardware is just nonsense.
The colour palette? It's mainly greys and browns. Read again? Understand then reply. I said the game graphically is held back by the Switch.

Last edited:

Stoneberg7

Neo Member
I feel your pain. I felt the same way about No More Heroes III, especially with it's framerate. Seems like that will get a PS5/5 or Steam port before this.
Still excited for it.

but her from the past is different than og bayo, so it's bayo but not our bayo
That’s…actually I’m still confused about the whole Bayonetta-Cereza thing.
I don't see the PS2 graphics you clowns are speaking of, mind you we're still far away from a release date plus Bayonetta is about style and gameplay like 99% of Nintendo games.....idiots

With that being said, I wish this was a launch title for a new Switch console, I just want stable frame rate
So what is the other 1% of games about? And I’m pessimistic about Platinum putting out a game with anything resembling a stable frame rate😭

Oof. Meh. This trailer gave me mixed feelings tbh. On one hand, I’m glad that it still exists. OTOH, it looks visually underwhelming graphically and gameplay wise. I seriously hope they didn’t iterate on Bayonetta 2 here. Wasn’t a fan of some of the changes they made there.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Sometimes I wish people could see *insert switch game here* actually running on 360 or ps3 so they could see how much worse it would be on those systems. That is if it would even boot due to them having only half a GB of ram vs switch's 4GB.

On the other hand, the Switch has no games that come close to the likes of Uncharted 3, TLoU or GoW3 visually.

Chastten

Banned
Oh man, this topic perfectly demonstrates why I don't visit this site much anymore. 'Gamers' are the absolute last target audience I'd be aiming at if I were a developer. There's just no pleasing the kids on this forum.

Trailer looked great and I can't wait to finally play this game when it finally comes out! Pretty confident Platinum know what they're doing so I have high hopes.

Ezquimacore

Banned
On the other hand the PS3 version of that game is well known to be an unoptimized piece of junk.
Just like almost every third party game on PS3. Shit, Nier Automata is a blurry mess on the base ps4, Xbox. So that tells you we are dealing with a developer that knows a lot about gameplay but their optimization skills is not as good.

GrayFoxPL

On the other hand Bayonetta on PS3 runs at 28 fps
Bayonetta PS3 was a rushed port by Sega, since Platinum couldn't/didn't want to do it. Since then they(Platinum) apologized for it. That's that, shit happens.

On point. Bayonetta 3 looks good imo. They finally learned human anatomy because the Bayonetta doesn't resemble a FUCKING SPIDER anymore!

No nudity is concerning even if showed on Nintendo channel. Hideki Kamiya says otherwise so we see. Maybe real outfit has more chest area opened up? Other wise i like the outfit.

Season 5 Idk GIF by Friends

Bodomism

Banned
Well, there are much more impressive scenes in all those games than the screenshots you chose.
You can take a look at the gameplay and you will be surprised to see how dated the graphics of those games you mentioned above.

Games like Astral Chain, Monster Hunter Rise, Warframe. Doom Switch, Dragon Quest XII, Crysis Remasterd, SMO, Hellblade, and etc looked much better than PS3 games.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
You can take a look at the gameplay and you will be surprised to see how dated the graphics of those games you mentioned above.

Games like Astral Chain, Monster Hunter Rise, Warframe. Doom Switch, Dragon Quest XII, Crysis Remasterd, SMO, and etc looked much better than PS3 games.
Yeah they forgot if you plug the PS3 to a 1080p tv everything looks like a blurry mess. Honestly Bayonetta 3 looks visually like every Platinum Games game out there, I would say looks better than Nier on base consoles because that game is full of fog everywhere.

tommib

The best of the best

The PS3 for a 2006 console still more impressive than a Swicth
ZskuUKF.png
Yes, let’s compare a console that was released with the size of a fridge to a handheld that comes in a lite version that fits in a back-pocket. Oh, brother.

Last edited:

Lethal01

She looks hot.

I can't believe people are bitching about lack of nudity during a livestream that also featured a Disney game. It will be there along with more ass shots, don't worry.

Woah hold on, Bayonetta being sexy enough is always a worthy concern. and Nintendo has never had problems putting mature games and kid friendly games together.
Just a reminder this is the first glimpse we got of Bayonetta in the Bayo 2 reveal.

unknown.png

Then she says "no-one said you could touch" in a trailer chock full of ass shots.

So I can understand a hint of concern that they are toneing it down. But Kamiya Sama has put the boot down and now we can all rest in peace.

Last edited:

Lethal01

bayo is sexy as dante is cool.
is that amout of too much that you can't take seriously but can't jelp but find alluring for how actually uncool it is

it's like liking a b movie. or be a fan of schwarzenegger, you know it's not objectively cool or sexy, but it tries hard so much that you can't avoid to find it alluring

it's since the first game that people say that don't find bayonetta sexy, and she doesn't look like she is constructed to be, physically i mean..she is freakishly tall with long spider legs..of course there are people that wuld fap to that but that applies pretty much to everything, anything is someone's kink.

what made bayo famous was the fact that by a mile at the time it was the best action game ever made..and still now it is imh the best when talking about crowd conrol and group fights..on a one on one basis has been dethroned by the last DMC

sadly then bayo 2 happened and ruined everything..that's why i cna't get hyped for this one with kamiya still away from the director's chair and just in as a supervisor

How did Bayo 2 ruin everything? what do you have against it's gameplay?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Welcome back, Bayou Bi... netta! Now if I only would get around to play the second game to begin with.

Trailer is rather confusing, though. Says "not actual gameplay", yet it contains what seems to be a, for a reveal, fuckton of gameplay.

Keihart

Woah hold on, Bayonetta being sexy enough is always a worthy concern. and Nintendo has never had problems putting mature games and kid friendly games together.
Just a reminder this is the first glimpse we got of Bayonetta in the Bayo 2 reveal.

unknown.png

Then she says "no-one said you could touch" in a trailer chock full of ass shots.

So I can understand a hint of concern that they are toneing it down. But Kamiya Sama has put the boot down and now we can all rest in peace.
hmY7oKw.png

"It seems I'm unfashionably late... but I'm ready to give you everything you want" WINK
2x

Lethal01

hmY7oKw.png

"It seems I'm unfashionably late... but I'm ready to give you everything you want" WINK
2x
unknown.png

vs "LETS DANCE BOYS"

Her outfit is definitely a reason this is being said, Without it, the buttshots would feel a lot more pronounced. But yes it's silly to suggest that Nintendo is holding them back because family friendly games were also included. Like I said, I'm not worried due to Kamiya, but it's understandable to be under the impression that she is turned down of you go ONLY on this trailer

Last edited:
Top Bottom