• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

imail

Neo Member
Finished the game yesterday. Fantastic is all the I can say about it. Game play is second to none. I liked it even more than GoW.

Can't think of anything wrong on the game. Guess the [Kinda Spoiler alert]
last 2 or 3 stages were too much bosses and less everything else. The final boss took about an hour to beat but it was fun anyway.

The story was great but not fantastic. (the only semi-downside on the game)

Best S&D game this generation without any doubts.

My GOTY list so far,
Bayonetta -GOTY
with Uncharted 2 and AC2 as close runners up.

No luck finding the game, but I did pick up the poster collection from GameStop today.

It's a rad set, each poster having its own Bayonettism. Pretty good size, around 16x20" (maybe a tad bigger).

bayo1.jpg

bayo2.jpg

bayo3.jpg

bayo4.jpg

Toy Soldier said:
No luck finding the game, but I did pick up the poster collection from GameStop today.

It's a rad set, each poster having its own Bayonettism. Pretty good size, around 16x20" (maybe a tad bigger).

Love the DMC1tributes :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Toy Soldier said:

My store got these in today. I kid you not. A guy asked about them, ready to preorder the game, he saw the posters and cancelled the pre-order. =/ Posters scared off prospective buyers. =( Dammit. Trying to pimp this out but no bites. =/

As a leg man, I really want to do her. I will just get my 3D laser scanning equipment and get a vaginal cast of .... someone. And we're all set.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
thread just got uncomfortable (and a tad NSFW :| )

Fugu

Does anyone have a reliable way of completeing the "stay afloat for x amount of time" alfhiem portals? I did the first one alright but goddamn this is getting nuts.

careksims

Why does San Diego suck with street dates? The Best Buys and other stores KEEP it :( Aw well, will have to wait. Those Bayonetta fan pics look good. I better get on the ball and do my piece.

Fugu

Holy shit, I didn't know you could
grab onto enemies and then bounce off of their heads
with kulshedra.

StuBurns

Banned
Quick question Bayonetta fans, I played the PS3 demo, thought it was pretty bad, but my response was really different to what I've seen and heard being discussed in various places, for example I never felt it was at all responsive or tight, but I've heard people call it the tightest action game ever, so is all this because of the wanky port?

stuburns said:
Quick question Bayonetta fans, I played the PS3 demo, thought it was pretty bad, but my response was really different to what I've seen and heard being discussed in various places, for example I never felt it was at all responsive or tight, but I've heard people call it the tightest action game ever, so is all this because of the wanky port?

Wanky port.

Speaking of wanky, it's time to award myself a present thanks to those lovely pics. Happy Yule.

abq

imail said:
Finished the game yesterday. Fantastic is all the I can say about it. Game play is second to none. I liked it even more than GoW.

Can't think of anything wrong on the game. Guess the [Kinda Spoiler alert]
last 2 or 3 stages were too much bosses and less everything else. The final boss took about an hour to beat but it was fun anyway.
-Instant death QTEs
-Boring vehicle sections
-Alfheim portals that pop at point A once you reach point B

The worst part about the QTEs are that they lack consistency. X, A+direction, A, X+B are all used for jumping and dodging shit.

Nostalgia aside, the vehicle sections are not fun to play. Chapter
XIV
is especially horrible because Bayonetta takes up so much of the screen making it hard to see incoming hazards.

I have no problems with the Alfheim portals being hidden (e.g. far off in the sky, hidden paths or even shoot a trash bin to make it appear). However, backtracking an entire level because a portal might or might not have popped somewhere is stupid.

With that said, I still love the game and especially the combat.

george_us

Toy Soldier said:

bayo1.jpg

bayo2.jpg

bayo3.jpg

bayo4.jpg
I take it this is for the EU only?

*cries*

stuburns said:

Yes.

Toy Soldier said:

bayo1.jpg

bayo2.jpg

bayo3.jpg

bayo4.jpg

Would anyone like to hook me up with one of these posters :3?

I know there are people who are too uncomfortable to own one of these ;p Would gladly take it off ones hands!

Went on a wild goose chase yesterday trying to score a copy of Bayonetta by Christmas for my boyfriend and myself. I called and went to several Best Buys, Gamestops, and Wal-marts.

After numerous times of being told on the phone they had the game in stock and would sell it to me, upon arrival was shot down, told they couldn't break street date, or was told "They sold out of it :lol " Oh retail employees...

Fugu

abq said:
-Instant death QTEs
I've had so many good runs ruined by the fact that I forgot there was a QTE/can't remember which button I was supposed to press for said QTE. I'm convinced I've been killed more by QTEs than the rest of the game combined.

The presence of QTEs is the only flaw in this game that actively detracts from the gameplay.

Jigsaw

Banned
Fugu said:
I've had so many good runs ruined by the fact that I forgot there was a QTE/can't remember which button I was supposed to press for said QTE. I'm convinced I've been killed more by QTEs than the rest of the game combined.

the quick time events are weird,the ones where you have press X (ps3 version) you can buttonmash before the sign is even shown and it will work,if you try the same for QTEs where you have to press square you will die instantly before the sign is shown -.-'

NIN90

Guys, I just wanted you to know that this piece of entertainment is of really high quality. I am enjoying it quite a lot.

Jigsaw said:
the quick time events are weird,the ones where you have press X (ps3 version) you can buttonmash before the sign is even shown and it will work,if you try the same for QTEs where you have to press square you will die instantly before the sign is shown -.-'

That's because for the Square/X(on 360) button QTEs. There is a pink circle that closes in on the prompt. You are only supposed to press Square/X when that circle is on the edge of the prompt.

Will definitely be picking this up for the 360 for sure given these reviews

I'm gonna be addicted to this game. Looks like Mass Effect and Bayonetta will make me very happy in January ;)

RSLAEV

Toy Soldier said:

Sigh... Those posters would own if not for the quotes. Yeah I know she says them in the game, but on a poster they just look dumb.

luffeN

Fugu said:
Does anyone have a reliable way of completeing the "stay afloat for x amount of time" alfhiem portals? I did the first one alright but goddamn this is getting nuts.

just jump after hitting the enemies in the air. after every punch you can jump once more, IIRC

Volcynika

banKai said:
just jump after hitting the enemies in the air. after every punch you can jump once more, IIRC

Or just get
and use the whip, one if it's moves is just to pull an enemy towards you to jump off

RSLAEV

Ugh. I really really want this game, but I have a PS3. I downloaded the demo and the colors are so washed out that I can't see what the hell is going on when the action gets thick.

Zeliard

It's rather painful waiting even a few days for this game, when you pretty much already know how good it is.

It's just like, fuck, get here already.

Zeliard said:
It's rather painful waiting even a few days for this game, when you pretty much already know how good it is.

Let me tell you, I've had this game since October and it's provided me with nearly 90 hours of entertainment. Replay value is MASSIVE simply because they included all the shit you would expect to be DLC for free.

It's my GOTY '09 AND '10

a Master Ninja said:
*BAYONETTA SEEMS TO PLAY SMOOTHER FROM THE DISC THAN FROM A HARDDRIVE INSTALL*

These are my findings from playing the game tonight. I always install my 360 games to my 120GB HDD. I occasionally found the game stuttering at points during levels that were likely loading in large amounts of data (for example: can't remember the chapter number but after you get passed a long hallway of spike traps, you turn a corner and start going up a huge flight of stairs it loads two of the claw guys and gets all choppy). I made sure that the points of slowdown/stuttering was consistent and repeatable. Upon deleting the install I found these points to be totally smooth. I then installed again and sure enough the problem spots returned.

Before I can make a 100% definitive call I need other gaffers to test this out so I can rule out it being just my harddrive. If you play installed and notice a repeatable hiccup point while navigating a level try quitting, deleting the install, and seeing if it runs smoother for you off the disc.

Worth requoting to get the word out. Star Ocean 4 has this exact same problem, and I noticed it in Bayonetta but I need to do more testing. Still, I'm cool just keeping it on the hard drive, to me that benefit outweighs everything else.

And yes, I'm that asshole guy that has Halo 3 on the HDD as well.

Zeliard said:

Seriously. Just 11 or 10 days left depending on where you are. :(

This game is pretty cool, but I have a huge issue with it. I took one day off after playing a chapter and now I have no clue how to play it.. How do you turn into that cat? What buttons do you press? Why does the game expect me to remember those things. Please help me! LOL

Daante

.:Wesker:. said:
Let me tell you, I've had this game since October and it's provided me with nearly 90 hours of entertainment. Replay value is MASSIVE simply because they included all the shit you would expect to be DLC for free.

It's my GOTY '09 AND '10

Great to hear!. Kamiya wasent lying then when he said something like "basically all the DLC is already in the game from day1" =)

Top Bottom