• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta has a mode which caters to the true Ninja Dogs

Hardcore AND casual. I think it's brilliant. Obviously the majority of us won't play it this way (except for the inevitable achievement or trophy for this mode), but it's awesome that I could watch my casual gaming sister get into the game, and then maybe want to learn the moves later, much like Guitar Hero has inspired people to learn how to play the actual guitar.

Dascu

Seems kind of useless as the target group for this game is already the experienced action game player, though I guess it might be fun for a younger sibling to try out.

The gameplay in that video(even if made terribly easy by the mode that person was playing in) shows just how much flow the game can have.

dallow_bg said:
Too Human
'Cept not overblown delayed or mediocre?

Mommy mode!, now you GF/mommy/wife has no excuses to no slice, cut in pieces monsters while the blood scaters everywhere, when at the same time the female protagonist loses the hair that covers her body!

jett

D-Member
:lol Why bother with this shit? Might as well enable an option to let the AI take care of the "playable" character.

Hesemonni said:
Cool, finally a game Anihawk can play without feeling inferior to others.

aw snap

Cohsae

Relaxed Muscle said:
Mommy mode!, now you GF/mommy/wife has no excuses to no slice, cut in pieces monsters while the blood scaters everywhere, when at the same time the female protagonist loses the hair that covers his body!
Tranny surprise?

Raide

A great idea for gamers that have difficulty in using a pad with two hands. It is certainly a good idea and a few more Developers should look into the viability of it with other games.

NIN90

bayonetta_butt.jpg

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
duckroll said:
This sounds a lot like a mode that Nintendo has already patented. Maybe this means Bayonetta is headed to the Wii, or maybe Nintendo will sue Sega. Not good news...

As far as I can remember, Nintendo's idea is to let the AI take control of everything. Kamiya's idea is to have one button take care of almost everything, but you still need to press it.

RuGalz

Pretty interesting that they felt the need to add something like this in the game. I like Kamiya's explanations. :lol

Also the girl playing the game is the character designer... I wonder if she's the one who designed Bayonetta. :)

RuGalz said:
Pretty interesting that they felt the need to add something like this in the game. I like Kamiya's explanations. :lol

Also the girl playing the game is the character designer... I wonder if she's the one who designed Bayonetta. :)

Yes, she is.

Top Bottom