• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BBC: As the planet warms, melting permafrost may release ancient viruses & bacteria

A-V-B

Good news is none of the bacteria will be antibioitic resistant! Yayyyy!

Uh... wait, what's that? I'm getting a report just now that... it won't matter?

Despite this, the bacteria have somehow become resistant to 18 types of antibiotics, including drugs considered to be a "last resort" for fighting infections. In a study published in December 2016, researchers found that the bacteria, known as Paenibacillus sp. LC231, was resistant to 70% of antibiotics and was able to totally inactivate many of them.

Um, holy shit.

Millions are going to die because we've allowed antibiotic research and development to stagnant because it's not profitable enough.

Interesting.

Most countries don't have particularly strong countermeasures for anthrax. Wonder how the development of the US vaccine is going.

Shredderi

Can the era I happened to be born into stop being a pretty good argument for impending doom for the whole world, please?

Marvel

could never
SmEwlmv.jpg

I've always wondered if this is the most plausible answer to the Fermi Paradox. Intelligent civilisations end up being so perpetually self-destructive that they ruin and inadvertently destroy themselves before they can become a highly advanced spacefaring species.

Well, them resistent bacteria in India will kill us first anyway.

Um, holy shit.

Millions are going to die because we've allowed antibiotic research and development to stagnant because it's not profitable enough.

Not to mention most of the antibiotics are used for livestock (for us to consume). Preventative even in most cases. Tons of it.

BBC is Fake News trying to kill AMERICAN jobs with fake made up globalist facts about "global warming" (a radical Islam apologist cuck "fact") wake up people BBC = SOROS operatives who spirit-cook little babies backstage before spewing out FAKE NEWS leftist (vegan!) propaganda. period

Christhor

But Anatoli Brouchkov told me that these ancient bacteria are the secret to humans living forever. I think I'll believe him over some BBC site.

Imagine if a zombie outbreak happened. Trump would be that guy who got bit but hid it from everyone else.

"I didn't get bit, YOU DID!"

Korigama

Great, just the sort of potential threat we needed on top of everything else: complete...global...saturation.
We just need to get a computer program and and try to put all of humans collective knowledge into a robot.

It's the only way
Letting a robot with a sophisticated computer program learn everything that humans know and have done didn't work out so well with Ultron.
So basically the premise of the upcoming Phoenix Point;
Hm, the researcher in the backstory is even also named Jean-Michel.

It's simple, we heat up the planet faster than the Anthrax can adapt to it, it's like boiling water to make it sterile, problem solved!

Drink your juice everyday. Get good night's sleep. That will take care of this.

most juice is bad for you though.. too much sugar that feeds the growth of harmful bacteria (and cancer) especially in your mouth leading to infected gums and teeth from which the infection can spread fairly easily to other organs like your heart and cause death.

Top Bottom