• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

BBC makes education films for small kids that claim there's over 100 genders. Imagine being forced to pay the government to make this shit.

Dec 22, 2007
quit talking from both sides of your mouth. "I'm totally against labels but since we MUST have labels lets have seven thousand of them"
How many times do I have to say that flooding the market with labels isn't a great idea? It's better than not enough labels, but it's not the best case scenario. I'm not saying we 'must' have labels. But we do have them, regardless of whether they're needed, so they might as well be accurate.

I don't know that labels really work that way. It's more that people are programmed to judge people quickly, in a split second to determine if they're dealing with someone dangerous or attractive or whatever. You can't force people to label people certain ways or even accurately. In terms of this whole gender stuff, I think the most you can expect is for people to use the labels "male, female and other." The "other" category suffices because most people just don't give a shit about any of that and the group is so small at about a percent of the entire population, that it's just not practical to have 100 different genders.
That's true, but then you have people who get insulted by being the "other," and they want something that represents them more accurately. That's where all these labels came from in the first place. People don't like being seen as freaks, basically. Giving them a proper 'title' helps normalize their differences, so they can feel more comfortable.

People clearly do give a shit about it, though, even though it doesn't harm them in any way. That's why so many people are whining in this thread. :messenger_winking:
For people disputing the harm, here's a preemptive repeat of myself: Sex isn't gender; allowing gender differences is not the same thing as allowing males into female situations, and vice-versa.

And what labels are those? Where do we find these labels?
Hell if I know. I live in the middle of nowhere. I've only met like ten non-straight people in my entire life. Gender differentiation is even more rare.

• LOL
Reactions: matt404au
Nov 13, 2016
That's true, but then you have people who get insulted by being the "other," and they want something that represents them more accurately. That's where all these labels came from in the first place. People don't like being seen as freaks, basically. Giving them a proper 'title' helps normalize their differences, so they can feel more comfortable.
I'm just looking at this from a social interactions perspective. How far do you expect normal people to go to accommodate a 1% minority group? A group that seems to be going out of their way to make things difficult for the rest of the population, too. You can't force people to call others certain ways, to identify them as certain things and treat them certain ways. Non-binary folks may feel excluded, and that sucks, but that comes with the territory. You can't reasonably expect the other 99% to go out of their way to change society in potentially drastic ways to make them feel better.

Reactions: hariseldon
Dec 22, 2007
So your arguing in support of something you know nothing about?
I know plenty about it. I just don't know of an official registry for all the labels. I think I may know of a way though....
Here you go. Now you can become educated too!

I'm just looking at this from a social interactions perspective. How far do you expect normal people to go to accommodate a 1% minority group? A group that seems to be going out of their way to make things difficult for the rest of the population, too. You can't force people to call others certain ways, to identify them as certain things and treat them certain ways. Non-binary folks may feel excluded, and that sucks, but that comes with the territory. You can't reasonably expect the other 99% to go out of their way to change society in potentially drastic ways to make them feel better.
It's only out of their way because it's a relatively new phenomenon. Education programs like the one listed in the OP are a step toward making it easy for everybody. Once this type of thing is normalized, nobody will bat an eye at it.

Yes, change can be tough for the masses. There's no denying that. It's also not an ideal solution, because applying labels to people is inherently going to cause generalizations and misconceptions. But we don't live in an ideal world, so we have to take what we can get.

Mar 14, 2018
It's only out of their way because it's a relatively new phenomenon. Education programs like the one listed in the OP are a step toward making it easy for everybody. Once this type of thing is normalized, nobody will bat an eye at it.
lol ok remembering hundreds, and which of the hundreds each of the people you know prefers to be called, is clearly no different than remembering two which apply to everyone. It just takes a generaton or two of brainwashing in the schools and we'll all get there yaaaaaaaaaaay

Last edited:

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
How many times do I have to say that flooding the market with labels isn't a great idea? It's better than not enough labels, but it's not the best case scenario. I'm not saying we 'must' have labels. But we do have them, regardless of whether they're needed, so they might as well be accurate.
So long as you keep contradicting yourself, I suppose.

Hell if I know. I live in the middle of nowhere. I've only met like ten non-straight people in my entire life. Gender differentiation is even more rare.
I thought you said you worked in a University.

Nov 13, 2016

Yes, change can be tough for the masses. There's no denying that. It's also not an ideal solution, because applying labels to people is inherently going to cause generalizations and misconceptions. But we don't live in an ideal world, so we have to take what we can get.
You can't possibly believe introducing 100+ gender labels is a realistic solution, right?
You'd need to have tests in grade school to make sure children can accurately identify non-binary people... Come on man.

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
those programs are great for people like OP who still don't understand the difference b/t sex and gender =]
Maybe this is the day I get to open that champagne bottle I've been saving up for years now, to celebrate the occasion when you're able to provide an objective definition of gender,

Still no?

I see.

I'm stuck with patronizing one-liners from you, aren't I?

Last edited:

Iorv3th

Jan 16, 2013
I know plenty about it. I just don't know of an official registry for all the labels. I think I may know of a way though....
Here you go. Now you can become educated too!
How am I going to become as educated as you when you couldn't answer a simple question about where the labels that other genders identify as are used.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
How am I going to become as educated as you when you couldn't answer a simple question about where the labels that other genders identify as are used.
You're arguing with a narcissist. I've called him on it before but he's perfectly comfortable with doublethink and contradictions if it gives him an opportunity to grandstand and condescend. I don't think he genuinely believes what he's saying; I think he's just taking the position that allows him to moralize the most.

Dec 22, 2007
lol ok remembering hundreds, and which of the hundreds each of the people you know prefers to be called, is clearly no different than remembering two which apply to everyone. It just takes a generaton or two of brainwashing in the schools and we'll all get there yaaaaaaaaaaay
You guys use such extreme language some times. It's just educating people about differences. It's not the same thing as brainwashing by any stretch of the definition.

I thought you said you worked in a University.
You thought wrong.

Interesting that you think working in a university automatically implies varied people, though.

You can't possibly believe introducing 100+ gender labels is a realistic solution, right?
You'd need to have tests in grade school to make sure children can accurately identify non-binary people... Come on man.
Correct. I don't. I've said that like a dozen times already.

Must I be an absolute master on a topic in order to have an opinion on it? It is possible to have nuance in your thoughts, you know. This certainly helps to explain the insistence on binaries, though.

I don't know shit about washing machines either, but I still know which ones I like.

Last edited:
  • LOL

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013

So Russia and China are teaching kids about AI and the West is teaching them about fake genders. Who do you think will dominate the future?

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
Must I be an absolute master on a topic in order to have an opinion on it?
In my opinion, you are still required to present an objective definition of gender to be taken seriously, though.

Shall I finally take that champagne bottle out of the fridge?

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018
I'm not saying we 'must' have labels. But we do have them, regardless of whether they're needed, so they might as well be accurate.
Physical sex has enormous consequences for each individual, and denotes their relation to the other half of the human race along with their relationship to new life and the cycle of human generations. Of course it is woven into a set of symbols that extend beyond the bare biology by interpreting those consequences and ordering them in different ways. But even when one wishes to defy this or that norm, which happens regularly, it occurs within male/female identities and difference, and has nothing to do with inventing a fictional spectrum of new types of persons. The latter is pure astrology.

People clearly do give a shit about it, though, even though it doesn't harm them in any way. That's why so many people are whining in this thread. :messenger_winking:
There are enormous consequences to building a kind of star chart of fictional gender-sexes, and to pretend otherwise is simply absurd. Read a longer comment outlining a few, if you're even taking the topic seriously enough to be capable of weighing moral concerns, beyond some vague "let people be free" waving that sidesteps the entire debate. Simply put, I doubt that you have children who are in public schools, and if not, it's just a giant, weightless hypothetical in your world.

For people disputing the harm, here's a preemptive repeat of myself: Sex isn't gender; allowing gender differences is not the same thing as allowing males into female situations, and vice-versa.
I responded to this above in some length; this sex/gender distinction is ultimately somewhere between nonsensical and intentionally misleading--the latter due to the line between the two terms shifting depending upon the present needs of activism, eg. trans activists need to keep physical sex attributes in the gender equation to justify their plastic surgery mutilations on insurance, so all parties end up talking out of both sides of their mouths to square this circle. In any case, gender isn't a separate reality beyond your given body, and there is no coherence to this constant oscillation between "gender is just norms" (ultimately a meaningless definition that provides no justifications for the new identities) and "gender is something born in the person" (this definition and its pseudo-scientific justifications of "brain gender" etc being necessary to get this nonsense into schools, but ultimately again existing in direct conflict with the other definitions).

Last edited:

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

So Russia and China are teaching kids about AI and the West is teaching them about fake genders. Who do you think will dominate the future?
This is the kind of shit that legitimately scares me because I know it's happening and I fear that Western culture is too far gone to prevent it. The only other option is voting in a warmonger who will initiate war with China before it's too late. We all lose in this scenario.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Seriously. If these kids spent half as much time studying as they did whining and bitching and pondering worthless shit, we'd have Mars colonized in 5 years.

Oct 26, 2018
This is the kind of shit that legitimately scares me because I know it's happening and I fear that Western culture is too far gone to prevent it. The only other option is voting in a warmonger who will initiate war with China before it's too late. We all lose in this scenario.
And people wonder why countries that were stereotyped in the shitter (China and India decades ago) have done great lately. There may be tons of have and have nots, but that middle class is growing like crazy compared to other rich countries because the gov, schools and students take education seriously which leads to high end jobs and products later on.

I'd ballpark 50 years ago, China was dirt poor, an agriculture kind of economy and made truly shit dollar store quality items. And now in 2019, it's changed. When Apple stuff is being made in huge fab plants, you know the skillset is pretty good to get things done. This isn't rice fields and tea leaves economies anymore.

While western countries think they have it all, and move on to soft politics, China and India are still in turbo mode catching up. It's amazing how they have done this since something like manufacturing (which used to be blue chip kind of economic value) has already shifted to Asia and India the past 30 years in waves.

You'd think western govs wanting to retain blue collar jobs would tighten up policies, but it seems like a free for all.

Western countries will find it tougher and tougher because like all things life, it's easy to loosen up. But impossibly tough to get out the belt and whip people into line. Only time you get that is in wartime where the gov takes control or if you already live in a dictatorship kind of country where iron fist leadership is common.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Yep and the Iron Curtain is going to make a comeback, I guarantee it. Many of those Eastern European nations do not like the direction Western Europe and the EU are heading between this kind of non-sense and migration/islamification. A lot of them are getting cozier with Russia these days.

Dec 22, 2007
In my opinion, you are still required to present an objective definition of gender to be taken seriously, though.

Shall I finally take that champagne bottle out of the fridge?
As I've stated (again), the definition is taking on a new meaning. The entire reason this thread exists is because people are coming up with new ideas on what the word means. "The behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex" is a pretty good one because it makes it clear the gender is influenced by sex, but is not the same thing as sex. Source
And yes, I'm aware that it has a ton of different definitions for the word, many of which contradict each other. The one that matters in the context of this thread, meaning the one that is being taught in schools, is pretty accurately represented by the one I just listed.

And champagne is for pansies (which should also be a gender, cause it describes a hell of a lot of people). Bring out the whiskey.

Physical sex has enormous consequences for each individual, and denotes their relation to the other half of the human race along with their relationship to new life and the cycle of human generations. Of course it is woven into a set of symbols that extend beyond the bare biology by interpreting those consequences and ordering them in different ways. But even when one wishes to defy this or that norm, which happens regularly, it occurs within male/female identities and difference, and has nothing to do with inventing a fictional spectrum of new types of persons. The latter is pure astrology.
I'm not denying that. I agree with that. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this. :messenger_neutral:

"gender is just norms" (ultimately a meaningless definition that provides no justifications for the new identities)
This is the part that is incorrect. You're still conflating gender and sex into the same definition, which is not accurate.
Gender reflects aspects of sex, yes. It is not inherently the same thing, and it can change over time and cultures; because it refers to norms.

I am agreeing that a complex matrix of terminology is a ridiculous idea. I've said that a ton of times in this thread already, but you guys (or girls, or others) keep ignoring it.
Creating subgenres of genders is not a solution. It's simply a better solution than pretending they don't exist. The people who insist that many genders don't exist are overwhelmingly the same people who think gender = sex, which is factually untrue. It's an argument out of ignorance. Again, even the people who frequently use the rainbow of genders are often times ignorant of the differences between gender and sex, and are using the terms incorrectly.

Once you come to terms with the fact that "gender" and "sex" have different definitions, the rest of it becomes immediately clear. I thought they were the same thing, too, for the majority of my life. Then I read up on it a bit, and I realized I've been using the word incorrectly, just like people do all the time.

It is truly not a big deal. Let people identify as whatever they want, and go about your life. Yes, gender theory can absolutely shatter logical decisions regarding sexual differences, and that is a massive problem. Why we should expect politicians and lawmakers to be any more educated on the matter is beyond me, though. Of course they're going to make mistakes and fuck things up. That's practically their reason for existing at this point.

At its core, though, establishing proper laws regarding sex - understanding it's not the same thing as gender, and that militant gender-benders, or whatever you want to call painfully woke people, should not dictate what becomes law - is not inherently a difficult problem to overcome.
You guys can list out all of the problems you want involving bathrooms, salons, sports, and whatever else you want, but those are still sex-related problems; not gender-related problems. And yes, they are problems. You're just looking in the wrong place for the source of the issue.

This is precisely why schools need to teach the differences between the terms, so people can actually look to proper sources when trying to solve issues.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: crowbrow

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
As I've stated (again), the definition is taking on a new meaning.
Great.
Let's finally hear an objective definition of gender.

The entire reason this thread exists is because people are coming up with new ideas on what the word means. "The behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex" is a pretty good one because it makes it clear the gender is influenced by sex, but is not the same thing as sex. Source
One sex? or One's sex?

Please explain how:

1. This definition is in any way taxonomically useful, in the sense that it allows for 100 distinct groups to identified.
2. Gender traits are "typically associated" with one['s] sex. Typically? Really?
3. Please show the definition is objective, rather than purely subjective.

And yes, I'm aware that it has a ton of different definitions for the word, many of which contradict each other. The one that matters in the context of this thread, meaning the one that is being taught in schools, is pretty accurately represented by the one I just listed.
You're aware it's self-contradictory, non-objective, but decided to go ahead and post it anyway?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2007
Great.
Let's finally hear an objective definition of gender.

One sex? or One's sex?

Please explain how:

1. This definition is in any way taxonomically useful, in the sense that it allows for 100 distinct groups to identified.
2. Gender traits are "typically associated" with one['s] sex. Typically? Really?
3. Please show the definition is objective, rather than purely subjective.

You're aware it's self-contradictory, non-objective, but decided to go ahead and post it anyway?
Are you being deliberately obtuse, or do you actually not understand the definition?
"One sex" in that context means the same thing as "a sex." This shouldn't be the difficult part...

How do you not understand this? The OP is talking about schools providing lessons on gender. The definition which most closely relates to the school's reasoning that I could find (with a 30 second search) is the one I provided. Objectivity is completely irrelevant, since that's the one they went with. It could be entirely incorrect, or it could be the most precise thing in the entire universe. It doesn't matter which one it is, because that's the definition they went with.

I don't know why you're insisting that I be some authority figure on definitions. Can you provide an objective definition for gender?
We've already gone in circles about how the word has been misinterpreted for years, and how lots of people confuse it with sex. What are you even trying to get at?

As long as people understand that sex and gender aren't the same thing, that's all that really matters in the context of understanding why some people insist upon so many subgenres of the label. It doesn't even matter whether you agree with it or not, and it doesn't even matter whether I agree with it it or not. The point is that some people do agree upon that definition, and those people are making decisions. This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

Step outside of yourself for a second, recognize that other people may not agree with you, and then it all becomes much easier to understand why some people are making decisions in the way they are. Again..... it's not ideal, but it is the way it is.

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
Are you being deliberately obtuse, or do you actually not understand the definition?
"One sex" in that context means the same thing as "a sex." This shouldn't be the difficult part...
Do you have to be explained the fundamental difference between "one sex" and "one's sex" in that context?
Please refrain from overcompensating.

(…)
.Objectivity is completely irrelevant,
And here we have it.

If gender is an entirely subjective concept, then there is no way by which to verify the authenticity of the claims. It ceases to be a scientific concept , for starters. If the claim is "I feel I am X and therefore X exists and everyone is now under the obligation to treat me as such", why is that claim to be treated any different from any other analogous claim in any domain other than sexuality? If I claim I feel like I am the son of, god forbid, Immortal_Daemon, why is this claim not to receive the same level of factuality you're ready and willing to
extend to these types of claims? What makes them so divine and untouchable?

Congratulations, you've just rendered gender a meaningless term.

since that's the one they went with. It could be entirely incorrect, or it could be the most precise thing in the entire universe. It doesn't matter which one it is, because that's the definition they went with.
Yes and I'm pointing out the fact the seeming arbitrary nature of that division, 20 genders, 100 genders, 1200 genders, is only made possible by the apparent hollowness of the concept itself.

I don't know why you're insisting that I be some authority figure on definitions.
Can you provide an objective definition for gender?
I am so terribly sorry. If you're going to insist 100 genders exist, at the very least you're expected to provide an objective definition of gender.
You make the claim, the burden is on you.

I now realize even that was too much to ask.

We've already gone in circles about how the word has been misinterpreted for years, and how lots of people confuse it with sex. What are you even trying to get at?
The intelectual inepotitude of your camp.
You can't even define gender objectively but churn out a ytearly ever-expanding enumeration.

Yes, it's comical.

As long as people understand that sex and gender aren't the same thing, that's all that really matters in the context of understanding why some people insist upon so many subgenres of the label.
That doesn't settle the question of whether or not those groups and subgroups represent reality accurately. If gender is subjective, why should certain opinions take precedence over others?

It doesn't even matter whether you agree with it or not, and it doesn't even matter whether I agree with it it or not. The point is that some people do agree upon that definition, and those people are making decisions. This is not a difficult concept to grasp.
It's pathetic to suggest that's been the issue here, that somehow I am disputing the power of some to enforce their decisions.

I care about truth. The question is whether or not these categories accurately describe reality.

Step outside of yourself for a second, recognize that other people may not agree with you,
I'm forever grateful to you, for I have become aware of that just now.

and then it all becomes much easier to understand why some people are making decisions in the way they are. Again..... it's not ideal, but it is the way it is.
I didn't dispute that.
But I suppose you just had to find something with which to wave frantically.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
I still can't get over that progressives have been allowed by society to literally change reality just so they can feel more accepted and/or because they want a means to own people and make them their bitches.

By 2025 5'5 people will be allowed to call themselves 6'0, people who make 35k a year will be allowed to identify as millionaires, and cons on death row will be able to identify as innocent and get let back into society. We're headed for crazy times!

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
I still can't get over that progressives have been allowed by society to literally change reality just so they can feel more accepted and/or because they want a means to own people and make them their bitches.

By 2025 5'5 people will be allowed to call themselves 6'0, people who make 35k a year will be allowed to identify as millionaires, and cons on death row will be able to identify as innocent and get let back into society. We're headed for crazy times!
hey we don't use the word con anymore we restrained resident :messenger_tears_of_joy:

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Dec 15, 2011
Interesting that you think working in a university automatically implies varied people, though.
To the sane, being in any space with more then one human being automatically implies 'varied people'.

The level of sheer prejudice to adopt in order for your remark to have any merit is breathtaking.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2007
To the sane, being in any space with more then one human being automatically implies 'varied people'.

The level of sheer prejudice to adopt in order for your remark to have any merit is breathtaking.
Or you could just read a bit more than one sentence and figure out the context.

The 'varied people' he was referring to are those who do not identify as boy or girl. Then he assumed I must automatically know them because I work at a university (which isn't even true).

It's already been said multiple times in this thread: Non-binary people make up an extremely tiny fraction of the population. If you consider that "varied," then feel free to continue with your sanity.

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019

Don't worry, the west is unto it.

• Triggered
Reactions: Boss Mog
Dec 15, 2011
Or you could just read a bit more than one sentence and figure out the context.

The 'varied people' he was referring to are those who do not identify as boy or girl. Then he assumed I must automatically know them because I work at a university (which isn't even true).

It's already been said multiple times in this thread: Non-binary people make up an extremely tiny fraction of the population. If you considenor that "varied," then feel free to continue with your sanity.
No, your blatant prejudice is yours, no matter how much you project and obfuscate.

My points stand, and you are doing an excellent job of proving them with every post you've made in this thread.

Time for you to deflect and tell me how I don't understand all the complex nuance, how dictionary definitions are subjective (lol) and double down on some more new-age loon-think. It's ok, everyone else is wrong. You're the only one who can see the truth, and anyone who challenges what you say must be a simpleton or insincere.

Glad we had that talk.

• Fire

Doc Honk

Formerly 'DocONally'
Oct 21, 2014
The woman teacher in the OP's article Kate Daniels (the one that looks like Satan) has a website that lo and behold is all self-promotion and cult like, e.g. a fake looking blog, dodgy testimonials, and the greatest quote to kick things off, "Why would a lady, with a sensible, secure, well paid job decide to set up her own business in a subject the education sector does not appear to value?"

Well, I dunno love, maybe because you're following the money. Seriously, just make a consultation service based around the key politically correct words, and KA-CHING!

"The beauty of what I offer is that it is entirely bespoke making sure that it meets the exact needs of the cohort it is to be designed for.
Any topic related to PSHE or SMSC is offered and adapted to suit any age or issue related to personal and social health and wellbeing.
I guarantee a top quality, professional and reliable service at a highly competitive rate with no hidden extras."

IT'S ALL JUST A FAKE FAD. Like with that Trans/Muslim primary school in Birmingham. It wasn't a government scheme, it was just some bloke. He was the same deal as this Kate. Got a government grant to preach BS. I can't believe it's this easy to corrupt the education system, but there you go.

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
I don't know where the "over 100" comes from. So it's less than 200? Why not just be specific?

If you take the basic six you have:
Male
Female
Gender-Neutral
Non-Binary
Gender-Fluid
Gender-Queer

I assume that trans-male is already covered under male and trans-female is covered under female.
GN and NB are fairly self explanatory but I guess there could be fractions or degrees when it comes to the final 2.

Surely the other, at least, 94 would just be some form of the final 2 on the list?
Is there some list of the other 94 somewhere?

It seems like a bit of a strange thing to teach kids to be honest.
Needlessly confusing when the vast majority of them would be under the top 4 categories there.

To what extent is that even "educational"? 99.9999% of people will be one of these 6 genders but the rest could be one of over 100 different possibilities.

I propose a gender called "gender-absolved".

Basically you are male until someone criticizes your male-ness. At this point you no longer identify as "male" and this absolves you of any guilt, obligation, criticism or punishment related to the male gender. No more mansplaining, toxic masculinity or any of that nonsense. Identify as gender-absolved. :)

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I don't know where the "over 100" comes from. So it's less than 200? Why not just be specific?

If you take the basic six you have:
Male
Female
Gender-Neutral
Non-Binary
Gender-Fluid
Gender-Queer

I assume that trans-male is already covered under male and trans-female is covered under female.
GN and NB are fairly self explanatory but I guess there could be fractions or degrees when it comes to the final 2.

Surely the other, at least, 94 would just be some form of the final 2 on the list?
Is there some list of the other 94 somewhere?

It seems like a bit of a strange thing to teach kids to be honest.
Needlessly confusing when the vast majority of them would be under the top 4 categories there.

To what extent is that even "educational"? 99.9999% of people will be one of these 6 genders but the rest could be one of over 100 different possibilities.

I propose a gender called "gender-absolved".

Basically you are male until someone criticizes your male-ness. At this point you no longer identify as "male" and this absolves you of any guilt, obligation, criticism or punishment related to the male gender. No more mansplaining, toxic masculinity or any of that nonsense. Identify as gender-absolved. :)
Those are basic?

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
Well, they are the most understandable and realistic.

Male and Female. Trans is already covered since trans-women are women etc is the commonly accepted situation.
Neither. Gender Neutral covers this in an "I don't know" sense and Non-Binary covers it in a "I am not one of those basic two" sense.
Undecided. Gender-fluid and Gender-queer cover that. You can change between genders or you not sure where you are, or will end up, in terms of gender.

So yeah I think that even with the most deepest of deep gender conversations everything is basically covered in those 6 categories.

Once you go outside of that basic one or the other, neither, fluid/undecided listing you are REALLY getting creative and it all becomes a bit meaningless.

Abimegender - a gender that is profound, deep and infinite.
Adamasgender - a gender that refuses to be categorized.
Affectugender - a gender that is affected by moodswings.

That's just 3 of the A's. :)

I like "Anongender". A gender that is unknown to both yourself and others. So it's basically gender-neutral but extra special.

Biogender - A gender that feels connected to nature in some way.
Collgender - the feeling of having too many genders simultaneously to describe each one.

Get. Ready.

Demi-vapor - continuously drifting to other genders, feeling spiritually transcendental when doing so. :)
Genderblank - a gender that can only be described as a blank space. When gender is called into question all that comes to mind is a blank space.

Let's make sure the kids are taught these two.
Heliogender - a gender that is warm and burning.
Hydrogender - a gender which shares qualities with water.

Another favourite that evolves from the previous 2 quite nicely:
Venngender - when two genders overlap creating an entirely new gender, like a Venn diagram. :)

Check it out:

Xumgender - Never being satisfied with your gender due to constant self-doubt or identity issues, causing one to compulsively search and seek out something that fits as perfect as possible-to find "the gender" or "the one truth" - though one will never be found due to one's neurotype, because words will never be able to describe it, and/or its own properties paradox itself. This frequent anxiety and doubt even causes this gender to feel imperfect to the individual.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Male and Female. Trans is already covered since trans-women are women etc is the commonly accepted situation.
Neither. Gender Neutral covers this in an "I don't know" sense and Non-Binary covers it in a "I am not one of those basic two" sense.
Undecided. Gender-fluid and Gender-queer cover that. You can change between genders or you not sure where you are, or will end up, in terms of gender.

So yeah I think that even with the most deepest of deep gender conversations everything is basically covered in those 6 categories.

Once you go outside of that basic one or the other, neither, fluid/undecided listing you are REALLY getting creative and it all becomes a bit meaningless.

I like "Anongender". A gender that is unknown to both yourself and others. So it's basically gender-neutral but extra special.

Collgender - the feeling of having too many genders simultaneously to describe each one.

Get. Ready.

Demi-vapor - continuously drifting to other genders, feeling spiritually transcendental when doing so. :)
Genderblank - a gender that can only be described as a blank space. When gender is called into question all that comes to mind is a blank space.

Venngender - when two genders overlap creating an entirely new gender, like a Venn diagram. :)

Check it out:

Xumgender - Never being satisfied with your gender due to constant self-doubt or identity issues, causing one to compulsively search and seek out something that fits as perfect as possible-to find "the gender" or "the one truth" - though one will never be found due to one's neurotype, because words will never be able to describe it, and/or its own properties paradox itself. This frequent anxiety and doubt even causes this gender to feel imperfect to the individual.
Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina.

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018

Get. Ready.

Check it out:

Not sure if serious or taking the piss with those.

Doc Honk

Formerly 'DocONally'
Oct 21, 2014
Xumgender - Never being satisfied... causing one to compulsively search... to find "the one truth"
Give these people a real religion and they'd probably be really good at it.

Personally, and I know you weren't asking, but I think it's just the latest fad in the never-ending cycle of births and generations, that is unhappy and seeks answers. I can relate to that. But I don't think it's the answer. If chopping off one's dick was the holy truth, don't you think we'd know? This point relates not just to xumgender, but to all of them there on your list - the fundamental ideology of it all.

The middle way must surely be keeping your reproductive organs, and trying something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saruhashi

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
Give these people a real religion and they'd probably be really good at it.

Personally, and I know you weren't asking, but I think it's just the latest fad in the never-ending cycle of births and generations, that is unhappy and seeks answers. I can relate to that. But I don't think it's the answer. If chopping off one's dick was the holy truth, don't you think we'd know? This point relates not just to xumgender, but to all of them there on your list - the fundamental ideology of it all.

The middle way must surely be keeping your reproductive organs, and trying something else.
Definitely.

Obviously a lot of young people turn away from traditional religion because they feel it is outdated or irrelevant.
For many that gap in "explanation and understanding of the world" needs to be filled somehow.

So you can see a lot of that reflected in some of the "gender" definitions.
A lot of spiritual language etc.

People have done a lot worse than chopping off their own knob in the name of religion after all and I would guess if this stuff goes unchecked we will eventually see some fanatics who are willing to take things too far.

History repeats, I guess.

hariseldon hariseldon they are entirely serious, as far as I can tell.