• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BBS Ultimania Details: 3 New KH Titles?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Thanks to Heartstation: http://heartstation.org/?p=2093

The Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Ultimania releases tomorrow however details from the intensive guidebook containing an interview with series director Tetsuya Nomrua have already been revealed. Please check them out below, thanks to FF-Reunion. Please do not repost translations without crediting to HEARTSTATION.ORG.

“About the next title, Kingdom Hearts 3 depends on Final Fantasy XIII Versus, but development of the next title is already underway. There are two titles other than Kingdom Hearts 3 in conception, and I think I’ll release one within this year

“As from next year, I want to put out a title with multiple main characters

“The series won’t end in Kingdom Hearts 3, more like the conclusion of the Xehanort saga

“It’s not the case that when Sora’s story is over another hero’s story will begin; Sora will be the hero until the end

And on the overseas version: “We added the Critical degree of difficulty, more cutscenes, more songs to the Rhythmic Ice Cream mini game, more Keyblades, more types of enemies and altered battle balance. I still can’t say we’ll release a Final Mix, but we can’t give it the generous treatment like with Re:Chain of Memories.”

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
cosmicblizzard said:
What does this mean? Surely sales of Versus shouldn't even matter for KH3.

I think it has to do with the engine of Versus XIII.

ismaboof

Jesus Christ everytime one KH game comes out, three more are planned. I love KH, but stick it to the main series FFS. 358/2 was a waste of my $40.

lantus

cosmicblizzard said:
What does this mean? Surely sales of Versus shouldn't even matter for KH3.

I was under the impression he meant that the KH team was working on Versus, so production can't really start until it's done.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well this makes a lot of sense given that they want to make Kingdom Hearts an annual franchise.

Heartstation said:
– It seems like there are various changes being made. May we be expecting a Final Mix version?

Nomura: As for that, it depends on how much the domestic version changes. However, since we basically want to produce one title a year for the Kingdom Hearts series, I don’t plan on going several years without releasing news.
--
lantus said:
I was under the impression he meant that the KH team was working on Versus, so production can't really start until it's done.
Yeah, Square Enix Osaka made Birth By Sleep and is also making Versus, so I imagine they don't have that much more bandwidth left.

ULTROS! said:

I thought that too, but isn't it Crystal Tools? They already have it up and working.

lantus said:

I guess that makes sense. He really should clarify that. Not really worded very clearly.

ULTROS!

Didn't Birth by Sleep come out just this year? So that makes BbS (worldwide) a 2010 release and last year was 358/2 Days?

cosmicblizzard said:
I thought that too, but isn't it Crystal Tools? They already have it up and working.

IIRC, Versus XIII is using an upper iteration of the Crystal Tools (prior to FFXIII).

ULTROS! said:
Didn't Birth by Sleep come out just this year? So that makes BbS (worldwide) a 2010 release and last year was 358/2 Days?

So if they're wanting a KH title every year, then we'll probably get another spin off title in 2011 while they're working on Versus and then KH3 in 2012.

BlueWord

Seems like Duckroll's theory (wish?) regarding KH3 and the Osaka studio was wrong, unfortunately. However, his comment regarding the lack of ability to do something on the level of Re:CoM seems to suggest they're at work on something, probably one of those other two titles.

As for the "multiple main characters" comment, didn't they just that with BBS? Or was he referring to something outside of the KH franchise?

Peff

Yay at all dat new content! And this time there just CAN'T be more space in the UMD so suck it, Japan :lol !

KH: Birth By Sleep Final Mix X coming with two UMDS and a remake of KH Coded confirmed

“It’s not the case that when Sora’s story is over another hero’s story will begin; Sora will be the hero until the end.”

Something to look foward to:D

My dream KH game is one where Sora, Donald, and Goofy beat up anyone who isn't Sora, Donald, or Goofy

Get this prequel clone not clone of whoever trash out of here

duckroll

Nirolak said:
Yeah, Square Enix Osaka made Birth By Sleep and is also making Versus, so I imagine they don't have that much more bandwidth left.

What? This is not true. S-E Osaka has nothing to do with Versus.

Interesting. I'd like to see another game with a structure similar to 358/2 Days, because I thought that game worked out really well.

HamPster PamPster said:
Something to look foward to:D

My dream KH game is one where Sora, Donald, and Goofy beat up anyone who isn't Sora, Donald, or Goofy

Would the entire script of the game just consist of all those characters saying "Sora! Donald! Goofty!" right before they're beaten up?:lol

FF-Reunion has the whole Nomura interview up but it's all in Japanese :lol Google translator isn't making much sense out of it so I can't really tell if there's new stuff in the interview or just everything listed in the OP.

Apath

ULTROS! said:
Want. Actually, I'd probably just be happer with XIII Versus. If it plays like Kingdom Hearts 1 on steroids, I'm in.

duckroll

Just wanted to post a clarification. Nomura did not say that he plans to release one more KH game this year. He says that sometime in the middle of this year, he hopes to be able to announce one of the two KH games he's working on at the moment. Based on his comments about releasing one KH game a year from now on, it looks like:

2010 - Birth by Sleep
2011 - Unannounced game #1
2012 - Unannounced game #2
2013 - KH3

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lololol doing the same thing they did with FF a few years ago where they flooded the market with FF games on the handhelds.

They better spread them out if they dont want sales to take a hit.

duckroll

HK-47 said:
lololol doing the same thing they did with FF a few years ago where they flooded the market with FF games on the handhelds.

The FF flooding was like 3-4 FF games every year. Here Nomura is trying to release 1 KH game a year, and he directs each and every KH game himself, even those which are developed outside of S-E. How is that flooding exactly?

Peff

We don't even know if those are handheld projects, right? Could be iPhone (lulz) and Wii for all we know... Ah, well, as long as they're as good as BBS it's ok.

mutsu

I think you can hardly call 1 game a year milking... As long as they are nicely spreadout and that the quality does not suffer because of the closer release dates, then I think it should be ok.

Resilient

I don't really think it's milking. The KH storyline is very convoluted and makes little sense, but 358/2 was extremely fun, and BBS has received glowing reviews. Definitely not milking cause they're all quality titles.

This is really good news, actually, it's more like confirmation of rumours that we already knew.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
“The series won’t end in Kingdom Hearts 3, more like the conclusion of the Xehanort saga
I thought we already had that :lol

Dogenzaka

Banned
I'll sum up my thoughts as such:

Fuck you Nomura.

Is it so hard to end a game as a trilogy from start to finish and tying up all the plot-holes in one go? Really?

What Nomura is essentially telling us is that from 2002-2012, all the KH games have been/will be essentially part of a "Xehanort Chronicles" that doesn't even scratch the tip of the utter to SE's future milking of this series.

This is fucking ridiculous.

I wanted them to just end it in peace at KH3 with the Heartless/Nobodies/Unversed/Everything being finally and totally gone, Kingdom Hearts completely sealed, Xehanort and his clones completely dead, and Sora and his friends back on their gatdam island making babies and living normal, happy lives.

But apparently that's too much to ask for.

The KH storyline is very convoluted and makes little sense

It makes total sense now, Nomura is really just adding more crap to explain.

Definitely not milking cause they're all quality titles.

Mario's games are all pretty good, but I still consider it "milking".

The KH series has been 6 games in the making over 8 years, and they still have 3 more to come out, and that's only part of a "saga" that is a small part of the ENTIRE series they have planned? Ridiculous milking there.

MAtgS

BlueWord said:
As for the "multiple main characters" comment, didn't they just that with BBS? Or was he referring to something outside of the KH franchise?
My munny's on a MMO based on the keyblade war mentioned in BbS.

Shadow780

I'd rather he only works on the main titles (KH3), or new titles entirely.

Whatever, at least Versus and 3rd Birthday is still coming out~

ULTROS!

I hope Versus XIII is secretly unannounced game #1. :lol

Linkified

Actually I don't care which platform its for but, put a Kingdom Hearts HD Final Remix released globally would be nice. Plus that means they can start converting some of the franchises assets to be HD, etc.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
One game a year? I'd like it but good luck with that, lol. Anyway, as a hopeless fan of the series I'm ok with the release of spin-offs, even more if you consider those have a higher chance of having inventive systems like CoM and 358/2.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
just saw this on shacknews.

i'm such a sucker for the KH aesthetic, and the general concept. i wasn't down with two, but i do hope they bounce back and make something special for the next. i have faith it can be done, but i worry about things that almost seem inevitable--becoming too mired in convoluted KH mythos, flat uninteresting levels, and so on.

Top Bottom