• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Been playing through Halo 2 in the MCC...

OrtizTwelve

And for some reason I don't really like the campaign. I believe I felt this same way when it first came out in the early 2000s, I felt mixed. And still do now all these years later.

Been playing through the MCC -- already played through Reach -- loved it. Played through Halo 1 --- loved it. Now with Halo 2 --- ehhh... ???

I think Halo 2's strength lies in the story telling and multiplayer, but as a campaign I am finding that I don't really like playing as the Arbiter.

Or maybe I am alone.

Desudzer10

I think most people didn't like the twist of playing as arbiter at first but it grew on them. I know when i first played it i had a serious wtf moment about it. But playing it now i have no problem with it.

Greggy

One of the best halo campaigns for me. The vehicle play is awesome and the hdr in MCC makes it look gorgeous.

howitis3

halo 2 single player was pretty bad. multiplayer was revolutionary though

halo, halo 4, and reach are the only good single player campaigns

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
One of the best halo campaigns for me. The vehicle play is awesome and the hdr in MCC makes it look gorgeous.
This should make Halo 3 shine really really well then. Halo 2 is a game I would replay with the enhanced not original graphics, but not Halo 1... they botched the updated visuals there IMHO.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Campaign was trash then, now it's just prettier trash in MCC. It's still fun to play co-op but the campaign is an unfinished mess. Bungie admitted to shipping an unfinished story. They had to rebuild the game about half-way through and had no time to finish the rest of the campaign which is why it feels like it was missing the last act. Halo 2's saving grace was it's awesome MP and implementation of online play with Xbox Live.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

I went through the MCC for the first time touching a Halo game and the franchise really grew on me despite not being a SF lover. I thought 2 was better then 1, but almost every next sequel I played was better then the last except for ODST, which didn't gel with me. I liked the Reach and Halo 4 campaigns the most but that opinion is like cursing in a church someone told me. I didn't play the multiplayer of those games though as I know I wouldn't enjoy getting wasted left and right but I do know that Halo MP is where it's at.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I played through Halo 1 and 2 for the first time in at least a decade, this winter. Halo 1 was a blast and Halo 2 nearly soured me from pushing forward to 3.

It wasn't necessarily the Arbiter, I just found the level design and encounters to be less dynamic or well thought out than the first game.

Last edited:

Jin

I hated playing as the covenant because their guns sound like toys. The remaster beefed up the sound effects and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit now. The cliffhanger ending didn't really do the game any favors though.

Corgi1985

Banned
Halo 2 on legendary is full of unfair bullshit. Who the fuck designed this. I'm ready to throw my controller through the wall. Did bungie run out of time and forget to design the game? Everything is either a fucking choke point where you get gang raped or a shooting gallery for jackal snipers. Gravemind makes me want to eat my own face and jump into a river. WHO THE FUCK DESIGNED THIS SHIT. IM GLAD PEOPLE HATE YOU NOW BUNGIE.

It would be better if master queef was more durable than tissue paper. The goddam flood drive vehicles? That's really fucking dumb. Also why are the flood so goddam bullet spongy. It shouldn't take a million shotgun blasts to put one down. The brute energy weapons are complete ass. I'm glad nobody is watching me play this because I'm a fucking raving lunatic over here.

Seriously fuck this shit.

Södy

I always thought the replay value was bad. It was a fun campaign and if you have a "goal" (like completing it on legendary or playing through all the campaigns) it's cool. But whenever I am bored and want to jump into a Halo level I very rarely play Outskirts and thats it. Most of the time it's a level from CE, 3, Reach or ODST.

Łajt

Neo Member
I felt exacly the same I played Halo for the first time since I never owned Xbox before. First one was a blast but second, I stopped once started playing as alien, I will try to get back to it but somehow I don't feel need to do it.

Halo campaign hasn't aged well after trying to play them years later.

Just feels stale. Not sure if this because I played so much of the MP over the years.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Halo 2's campaign as well as the extreme aesthetic difference were a big disappointment for me back when it came out. Sure, the initial hype and awesome awesome MP sugarcoated the overall end experience of the game a lot. Still, Halo CE has a unique vibe that was sorely missed in it's sequel for me personally. Even to this day it's the OG that resonates with me the most.

Calverz

It has its moments but also has some dog turd moments too. The parts as arbiter are the worst imo. I can see what they were trying to do. Introduce sneaking kind of gameplay etc but it just slowed the pace of the campaign down and I just didn’t really find those parts very fun.

matty3092

I Only got to play halo 2 campaign fully for the 1st time when MCC released on xbox one years back. The arbiter stages are the weakest ones but overall still really enjoyed it. Legendary difficulty is a unbalanced mess on the other hand lol saw a video awhile back of someone who looked at health stats etc and on legendary Master chief/arbiter are actually the 2nd weakest entity in the entire game the only thing weaker are the flood spore forms lmao

FeldMonster

And for some reason I don't really like the campaign. I believe I felt this same way when it first came out in the early 2000s, I felt mixed. And still do now all these years later.

Been playing through the MCC -- already played through Reach -- loved it. Played through Halo 1 --- loved it. Now with Halo 2 --- ehhh... ???

I think Halo 2's strength lies in the story telling and multiplayer, but as a campaign I am finding that I don't really like playing as the Arbiter.

Or maybe I am alone.
Never understood the complaints about playing as the Arbiter. They literally play exactly the same, except one has a flashlight, and the other has an active camouflage. And you don't have to use those differentiating mechanics if you don't want to.

Top Bottom