• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beenox working on The Amazing Spider-Man 2; more details today at NYCC

Kifimbo

UPDATE - Teaser here: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/12/nycc-the-amazing-spider-man-2-video-game-announced

Yesterday (last three Spider-Man, Skylanders: Swap Force), Beenox hinted at a new game on Twitter.

This morning, a local newspaper confirms the game is The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Launch date: May 2014, same week as the movie. PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC and 3DS. Beenox promises a more realistic web swinging mechanic and a combat system with more depth.

The story of the game will go further than the movie, with an emphasis on the personality of Peter Parker. Additional details: new vilains and old foes, Manhattan will be more lively, Hero System, consequences for letting chaos happens.

More details later today at New York Comic-con.

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/af...4-the-amazing-spider-man-2-devoile-samedi.php

ascii42

So they give Vita owners a late port of the first one, but aren't putting the second one on Vita yet? I guess it makes sense to see how well the first one does.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm not buying a Spiderman game that has worse swinging than a PS2 game.

The story of the game will go further than the movie, with an emphasis on the personality of Peter Parker. Additional details: new vilains and old foes, Manhattan will be more lively, Hero System, consequences for letting chaos happens.

More details later today at New York Comic-con.

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/af...4-the-amazing-spider-man-2-devoile-samedi.php

Booooo! We have a movie for that! I just wanna be Spider-Man.

I don't trust Beenox to make this as great as I'd like it to be, but here's hoping.

I played The Amazing Spider Man recently and it was so fun, it had flaws, but overall it was enjoyable, I felt Beenox if given the chance can really take it to the next level, and it seems they are doing that.

yet it's been only a years, so I am afraid this new title may not live to expectations, I mean come on, couldn't Activision give them 3 full years.

I was okay with a port of ASM on Vita, but to only a day later announce the sequel will release on everything BUT Vita is a fucking insult.

The swinging has devolved in each sequel, pretty depressing. I liked the air combat and speed in Web of Shadows though. They should build on top of that.

Stitch

Gold Member
First game was alright. Then I switched to an AMD card and wasn't able to play it anymore. Fuck you Beenox!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Still need to pick up this game on Steam at some point, unless the Arkham games finally are freed of GFWL.

Boerseun

Banned
This company was responsible for the worst port in the history of video games, namely Quantum of Solace on Wii. That's reason enough to be suspicious of any promises made by them.

strobogo

Banned
I loved the first game. It and Wolverine were two of the best movie tie in games I've ever played. Excited for the second one, even if I'm not excited for the movie at all.

This company was responsible for the worst port in the history of video games, namely Quantum of Solace on Wii. That's reason enough to be suspicious of any promises made by them.
No, because that probably turned out the way it did because they were given no time or money to do it.

What the hell? ASM had great momentum, you could build up to huge leaps when swinging. Not sure what you're talking about.

KEVINSPACEYWRONG.GIF

There was no momentum based on physics.

They literally have one job and one job only. Make swinging fun. That's all you need to do to make a successful spiderman game. Please do it Beenox.

NotLiquid

Honestly it completely blows my mind that what Treyarch managed to do almost ten years ago with Spider-Man 2 has never been replicated to this day. Swinging in Spider-Man should be the most important thing to get right. Period. Failing to do that is like making a Mario game with fucked up jumping physics.

I've sworn off Spider-Man games ever since Web of Shadows left me disappointed and I sincerely hope they can do it right.

Since theirs is a published product on Wii titled Quantum of Solace, they clearly had time and resources.

Puh-lease, don't be so naive.
The game might have been truly shit, but don't go talking about stuff you don't actually know about.
Considering the tales leaked out from 007 Legends about how Eurocom were given about 6 months to make the whole game from scratch, I can't see Acti having gave Beenox much more time just for a Wii port of QoS.

The first one was so boring. The game literally played it self. Automated swinging, automated acrobatics and automated fighting. The latter was ripped from the arkham games without any of the finesse, you didn't break combos by buttonmashing for example. Add to this a boring open world and movie tie-in stigma. Shattered Dimensions was awesome, Edge of Time at least captured the feel of 616 but ASM was only boring. Probably the only developer which have succeded in making each subsequent game less fun. If it was based on the comic book license I would at least have some interest in the game.

daman824

Sweet. The first game had some flaws. But it wasn't a bad game. I'm interested to see what it will look like on next gen systems.

Neoxon

I'm curious to see if Spidey will remain voiced by Sam Riegel (A.K.A. Phoenix Wright) like in the first game, if they'll get Andrew Garfield to be consistent with the movie, or possibly get a different voice actor entirely (for example, Josh Keaton of Spectacular Spider-Man & UMvC3, Christopher Daniel Barnes of the '94 Spidey cartoon, or Neil Patrick Harris of that one MTV CGI Spidey cartoon......they were all in Shattered Dimensions, by the way).

But for the love of god, DO NOT HIRE DRAKE BELL! PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU, MARVEL! IT'S BAD ENOUGH HE REPLACED JOSH KEATON IN EMH AND BEAT OUT KEATON FOR ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN WHEN THEY BOTH AUDITIONED......and Bell being in that one Marvel Heroes MMO. WE DON'T NEED HIS VOICE-CRACKING PERFORMANCE HERE!!!!!!

*sigh* That's out of my system.

Trigger

Honestly it completely blows my mind that what Treyarch managed to do almost ten years ago with Spider-Man 2 has never been replicated to this day. Swinging in Spider-Man should be the most important thing to get right. Period. Failing to do that is like making a Mario game with fucked up jumping physics.

I've sworn off Spider-Man games ever since Web of Shadows left me disappointed and I sincerely hope they can do it right.

Treyarch just set a bar that no Spidey games have really touched.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
This morning, a local newspaper confirms the game is The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Launch date: May 2014, same week as the movie.

isn't that just too early for the movie sequel? I mean the reboot was last year this sequel is coming way too fast.

Top Bottom