• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behind the Scenes Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have a fascination with behind the scene photos from famous movies? I love these things.

I'm going to open with a mind blower. The idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark was actually an animatronic that was originally intended to look at Indiana Jones.

rrMyj.jpg

fAa4v.jpg

CKii5.jpg

xLuK5.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ESB crawl is obvious but still kind of mind bending. There is a cool documentary on youtube about how they did the visual effects in star wars - in detail showing how they layer shot after shot to composite everything. Crazy complicated stuff.

Indy sub was obviously a miniature, I always find water and fire doesn't work well with miniatures because they don't scale down well.

jackrubyn

Obligatory:
qFNQF.jpg

By the way, I faintly remember a making of documentary from Blade Runner that showed the model city they used for the intro. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I am not a big fan of movies, but I am loving this thread.

From what I understand, there's mostly just 3D and green screening nowadays (and it's sometimes pretty obvious), so it's really nice to see some of these.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I am not a big fan of movies, but I am loving this thread.

From what I understand, there's mostly just 3D and green screening nowadays (and it's sometimes pretty obvious), so it's really nice to see some of these.

The old school stuff was part of the magic behind the sci-fi era from the 60s-90s.

On that note, we need some behind the scenes Kubrick stuff.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Here are some that I enjoy which involve Akira Kurosawa:

Ldwlt.jpg

Takashi Shimura, Kurosawa, Toshiro Mifune - Seven Samurai

S5kJY.jpg

Toshiro Mifune, Kurosawa, Tatsuya Nakadai - Sanjuro

IGt0U.jpg

Seven Samurai cast and director

rJ3F2.jpg

Kurosawa, Toshiro Mifune - Throne of Blood

6Ggq9.jpg

Kurosawa, Francis Ford Coppola, George Lucas - Kagemusha

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
tChUu.jpg

Filming the opening crawl of ESB.

Filming.

I always assumed it was just "Computers" that did the scroll probably since I first saw Star Wars as a kid. My mind exploded when in University I saw how they did it. It never occured to me that it was actually filmed like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom