• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BELIEVE. again.

Fio

This shit has gotten really annoying.

I mean, who the fuck would care about the second version of a crappy console as the Dreamcast? It's not like there still are tons of shumps and 2D fighters to port from arcades. Forget it, it died for a reason.

click the image, internubz. feel the gentle caress of gaming's future on your fevered, frustrated brow. no more will you need to hopelessly defend the casual marketplace, or hapless exercises in games-as-cinema, or abbreviated console lifespans

this is the real real.

Duke Togo

Fio said:

I mean, who the fuck would care about the second version of a crappy console as the Dreamcast? It's not like there still are tons of shumps and 2D fighters to port from arcades. Forget it, it died for a reason.
I read this post with Stallone's voice in my head.

I remember walking by an EB 10 years ago just before the system hit and they had a Sonic Adventure demo playing. I just stood outside my jaw literally agape for a minute or so. That was the last time I've been shocked by a leap in game technology and I'm pretty sure it'll never happen again. Around the time the Dreamcast died was also the last time I stopped keeping up with games. My main source of info, Gamefan had or was dying out and so there was a year or two just not keeping up with games. It was also just so disgusting seeing the PS2 win out to a system that had done so much right, had so much going for it and the sheer hype that won over early PS2 adopters was mind-blowing. I think first thing tomorrow I'll pop in Soul Calibur and go from there.

Fio said:

Okay, enough of my idiot comments. Now you've gone too far.

Praytell, what exactly what that "reason" it died for? Because Sega was on life support when it released the Dreamcast and was in no shape to put out a console and make it work yet did so anyway? Since lest we forget, the Dreamcast had a ton of fantastic games and plenty of support in the pipeline. The system would have still been alive for years had it not been put out by a company who spiraled out of control for four years and hemorrhaged all their money on colossal fuck ups like the 32X and the Saturn. So take your stupidity elsewhere, thanks.

IrishNinja

HEY GUYS IM SO COOL CAUSE IM HATING ON THE DREAMCAST IN THIS THREAD WOO LOOK AT ME SPIT ON YOUR DREAMS HERE SO AWESOME PLEASE TALK TO ME OH GOD

ZeoVGM

Banned
ANYWAY.

Happy birthday, Dreamcast. You died too early, yet remained the most memorable in my eyes.

DC > PS2 > GC > Xbox

OnPoint

GhostSeed said:
2eg4nes.jpg
3011p3o.jpg

skybaby

I AM JOHN! said:

Praytell, what exactly what that "reason" it died for? Because Sega was on life support when it released the Dreamcast and was in no shape to put out a console and make it work yet did so anyway? Since lest we forget, the Dreamcast had a ton of fantastic games and plenty of support in the pipeline. The system would have still been alive for years had it not been put out by a company who spiraled out of control for four years and hemorrhaged all their money on colossal fuck ups like the 32X and the Saturn. So take your stupidity elsewhere, thanks.
Just another dumb Brazilian that grew up on PS2 and doesn't know any better

K' Dash

EmCeeGramr said:
good dreamcast games:

• Ikaruga
  • Powerstone
  • Seaman
  • RE Code Veronica
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Soul Calibur
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Skies of Arcadia
  • Shenmue
  • Grandia 2

You were missing some games, I took the liberty to fill in the blanks of your ignorance.

I could do this all day.

Flavius

IrishNinja said:
HEY GUYS IM SO COOL CAUSE IM HATING ON THE DREAMCAST IN THIS THREAD WOO LOOK AT ME SPIT ON YOUR DREAMS HERE SO AWESOME PLEASE TALK TO ME OH GOD

HEY, HEY, HEY...uh, whoa there...PotatoSamurai.

IrishNinja said:
34fn22p.jpg

hello i am the dreamcast i brought you many fine games like blue stinger, the advent of 3D sonic, and a huge boring QTE filled flop

Josh7289

I guess this is as good a place as any:

HAPPY 10TH NORTH AMERICAN BIRTHDAY, DREAMCAST!!!

You will forever live on in our hearts!

tino

Banned
Even if Sega bring out Dreamcast2 tomorrow (today), I still won't forgive them for killing Aliens RPG. Sega die die die die die diieeeee!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
johnFkennedy said:
The Dreamcast died for a reason.

THE DREAMCAST DIED FOR OUR SINS! OUR SINS OF WAGGLE AND CASUALS!

09/09/09. BELIEVE! THE SAVIOR RETURNS AND THE OCEANS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE NON-HARDCORE!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS JOKE POST)

ZeoVGM

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
hello i am the dreamcast i brought you many fine games like blue stinger, the advent of 3D sonic, and a huge boring QTE filled flop

You're right. Blue Stinger, a shitty launch game, completely cancels out Power Stone 1-2, PSO, Code: Veronica, and many other games.

Enough with the stupid "I'm gonna be different to annoy people on GAF" trolling.

IrishNinja

Flavius said:
HEY, HEY, HEY...uh, whoa there...PotatoSamurai.

if and when i am banned, this shall be my second coming. and i will owe you a drink.

EmCeeGramr said:
34fn22p.jpg

dirty pool, sir. you're ignoring all the greats to bring in blue stinger! also, sonic adventure 1 & 2 were fun, and i see what you did there with the shenmue shot...honestly, did you play 2? its still in my top 5 RPGs EVAR list.

Even if Sega bring out Dreamcast2 tomorrow (today), I still won't forgive them for killing Aliens RPG. Sega die die die die die diieeeee!!

wait, what? never even heard of that one.

Christine

This takes me back to when I was working video rental. Dreamcast really did make a valiant attempt, pushing steadily up from its launch endcap up to nearly an entire half-aisle before PS2 stopped it in its tracks. To its credit it managed to keep the shelf territory it had won until Xbox and GameCube launched.

Man why is it that every time I troll people for the lulz I get slapped with bans and yet half of this thread is going to be allowed to continue to roam the halls of GAF? :(

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
EmCeeGramr said:
diary of a madman
sailors.jpg

sailors2.jpg

sailors3.jpg

sailors4.jpg

sailors5.jpg

I AM JOHN! said:
Man why is it that every time I troll people for the lulz I get slapped with bans and yet half of this thread is going to be allowed to continue to roam the halls of GAF? :(

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

This is a thread about the dreamcast 2 news posted on the GIA.

really.

GhaleonEB

Panzer Dragoon Drei - An "endlessly replayable shooter RPG" with dynamically generated levels (created by the "AI Direktor") and a focus on dragon evolution and customization. From Team Andromeda.
*sobs uncontrollably*

Fio

I AM JOHN! said:

No, that's why the DreamCast died:

EmCeeGramr said:
good dreamcast games:

That and the QTE crap. Good riddance.

Enk

makes good threads.
Just picked up my Dreamcast 2 from the store and holy hell this thing is whiter than the White Jesus. But I can say no more... it beckons me. I am at your command Seaman 2. What is thy bidding?

Sailors?

Well...

I always see them near bars...

Well... you know what I mean... I just see them hanging out.

Most of them are preeetty big, so. You can't miss them.

Do you know a place where sailors hang out?

Umm.

I heard there's a bar where sailors hang out. I don't know the place because I've ever never wanted to go to such a bar, you know.

It's best to stick to your regular drinking hole....

...IF ya know what I mean.

Top Bottom