• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Believe all Women is a right wing trap.

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
You've talked plenty about solving societal issues:
You asked questions that were only vaguely related to what I was talking about, and I attempted answering them.

Forgive me for that mistake. Next time I’ll just tell you to fuck off.

People who don't have an argument tend to keep resorting to sudden and unexplainable jumps to accusations of "dishonesty" and "pretending" and "living on another planet". Save it for somewhere else.
If you make a claim that doesn’t gel with reality, people are going to tell you that it doesn’t gel with reality.

Women, particularly young women, aren’t shunned for this kind of behavior. If you have a method of convincing everyone everywhere to shun them, I’d love to hear it.

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
I would not have punched her, but give her a good shove.
It's all about a measured response.
Laughing it off isn't enough, punching is too much.
If you push her and she falls and hits her head on something ( like the concrete) then you have done more damage than a slap or a punch would have done.

Reactions: Teletraan1

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
This is the attitude to prevents people from taking domestic violence against men by women seriously.
So what's the solution to domestic violence then? If a woman hits a man, the man should hit back? If a man hits a woman, the woman should hit back?

First of all, my reply was about certain situations, in that case people in a fight. You can go no way around the fact that men usually can stand more punches and if there is an actual fist fight between a woman and a man, the man will strike the woman down much more likely than the woman would strike the man down. There's no way around that. Taking that as saying this attitude makes domestic violence even worse is disingenous as hell.

In domestic violence situations making a punch into a fight is definitely not the way to deal with it.
If a woman hits you, or if a man hits you, you go to the police and break up with the asshole. I would argue the number one reason for domestic violence continuing is not that the other won't fight back, like literally fight back. It's the unwillingness to end the relationship right then and there. There are a lot of stories about couples who actually hit back, both the man and the woman. And those relationships are toxic as hell. One of them ends up either dead or in jail.

Stiflers Mom

Apr 27, 2012
If you push her and she falls and hits her head on something ( like the concrete) then you have done more damage than a slap or a punch would have done.
Yeah, and if in that moment a car went through there where you pushed her to she would have died as well.
Bla bla.
Dude fucking punched her face with his fist.
And you are telling me giving her a small push is more dangerous.

What a bunch of crap.

You surely have never been in a fight and getting punched to your face with a bare fist to write sissy shit like that here, mate.

Shoving people away is always preferable, especially when it comes to legal matters afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airola

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
So what's the solution to domestic violence then? If a woman hits a man, the man should hit back? If a man hits a woman, the woman should hit back?
Either that or file a police report, which men usually don't do because of the attitude that women are too weak to hurt men. Many men who have tried to call the cops found themselves arrested instead.

Yeah, and if in that moment a car went through there where you pushed her to she would have died as well.
Bla bla.
Duee fucking punched her face with his fist.
And you are telling me giving her a small push is more dangerous.

What a bunch of crap.
Pushing a person is likely to knock them off balance.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018
Untrue, I explained plainly that you could distribute your time according to who does slap men and who doesn't slap men. This selective process doesn't have to only be for women who have or haven't personally slapped me, but also applies for women who carry the reputation in my local area as chronic man-slappers or as "safe" women. I mean, I believe this is a smart way to go about things now, isn't it? Outside of our hypothetical solution to the problem, a man should already be leery of a woman who exhibits certain traits. If she's a "maneater", a guy might decide to avoid her. If she's known as easy lay, he might intentionally seek her out. :messenger_beaming: One trait that might cause a man to avoid her would be the propensity to slap someone in anger or indignation. Women who demonstrate the opposite temperament (demure, not given to bouts of slapping, patient, etc) tend to be revered in cultures around the world. These are considered quality traits in lots of societies and I don't see why that would change. Women who are violent aren't exactly rewarded currently. Women who show a hesitation toward violence tend to be regarded fondly for the sentiment.

You could put a stronger emphasis on punishing bad behavior or on rewarding good behavior, depending on how one thinks this overall problem should be solved. It's a mix. I don't see how throwing "slap the woman back" into the mix gets it solved. I agree that it is wrong for a woman to slap a man. I agree that when a woman does this, she is taking advantage of a man's "chivalry" to not respond in kind. But in my opinion it is better to let the blame be fully on her shoulders instead of making excuses for why the man should be allowed to retaliate.

Humans use this same process of inclusion and shunning for transgressions like sexual promiscuity, for example. It can (and does) get used in the topic of violent women. I don't think the trait is considered desirable in any culture? At best, some academic/ideological circles view it as "brave", but that's about it. It's unfortunate that the disparity isn't taken more seriously, but I don't believe in correcting an injustice with uncivilized retaliation.

Very true, tit for tat usually spirals into vindictive record-keeping and the problem never gets solved.
People don’t share a moral fabric. That ship sailed a while ago and I don’t think it’s coming back. And teaching children to not be violent is getting harder and harder with entertainment.

I just don’t think we live in that world anymore. Good luck trying to answer the inevitable “Why” from children when you explain to Timmy he’s too strong and shouldn't retaliate against Sue because he is a boy. That programming is under direct attack by activists who are impacting culture to erase biological facts. when a child is punished at public school by his teacher for being a bigot for doing the right thing that is going to send the child mixed signals.

Last edited:

Stiflers Mom

Apr 27, 2012
Pushing a person is likely to knock them off balance.
Maybe pushing someone off balance which everY person that is not drunk or disabled can cope with
vs
Brain concussion
Broken and bleeding nose
Damage to eyes
Broken cheekbones and possible loss of an eye
Etc etc

You certainly never had or even witnessed a real fight in your life if you write stuff like that

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
People don’t share a moral fabric. That ship sailed a while ago and I don’t think it’s coming back. And teaching children to not be violent is getting harder and harder with entertainment.

I just don’t think we live in that world anymore. Good luck trying to answer the inevitable “Why” from children when you explain to Timmy he’s too strong and shouldn't retaliate against Sue because he is a boy. That programming is under direct attack by activists who are impacting culture to erase biological facts. when a child is punished at public school by his teacher for being a bigot for doing the right thing that is going to send the child mixed signals.
Feminists made a mess and men and boys are expected to clean it up by taking abuse?

Last edited:

Arimer

Feb 16, 2018
So if i'm reading that right their defense is that they never said believe all women, they said believe women. Isn't that the same thing? Because women is the group. In my mind the only reason you need to add all is if not referring to all women when saying women was the norm. Like say barber shops specialized by hair color and only worked on their color and then one came along that said we serve ALL hair. You need the all because the whole group isn't the norm. But when i think of the term women, all women is the norm so you don't really need the all which to me basically makes their defense pointless.

I hope my rambling makes sense.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

A parent can always pick better sources of schooling. You are answering your own concerns. Culture doesn't determine 'biological facts'. We should be raising our next generation to be more resilient to conditioning and propaganda anyway.

Funny how our community here is comfy throwing around insults like "I bet he was fatherless" and "did your mom's boyfriend not scold you?", which are quite funny, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to the misbehavior of a woman then suddenly we cannot rely on society, we cannot rely on culture, we cannot rely on browbeating or shaming the woman, we cannot rely on schooling, we cannot rely on other women, we cannot rely on men, we cannot rely on any other methods to correct the pandemic of women slapping with impunity. If we must resort to slapping so that the woman has a higher percentage chance of learning the lesson, so be it. We've literally tried everything else. This kind of railroaded "what other choice do we have?!?!" thinking sure does sound familiar, like I said earlier... :pie_thinking:

And all this is proposed without irony while adding in "this is how women can get their equality". It's like a parody of a caricature of a ResetERA fanfiction about what alt-right MRA GamerGaters talk about when the lights go off.

Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog
May 12, 2007
Texaa
I was in a jury selection over domestic violence. They never told us the case details and I wasn't selected, but the questions the lawyers asked gave me a good idea what the situation was. I learned that a good percentage of the population believes the man has no right to defend himself from a woman. Lots of jurors responded that a larger man should never defend himself even if attacked with a potentially deadly weapon like a bat...I felt sorry for the accused.

Reactions: zombrex and Zog

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
So if i'm reading that right their defense is that they never said believe all women, they said believe women. Isn't that the same thing? Because women is the group. In my mind the only reason you need to add all is if not referring to all women when saying women was the norm. Like say barber shops specialized by hair color and only worked on their color and then one came along that said we serve ALL hair. You need the all because the whole group isn't the norm. But when i think of the term women, all women is the norm so you don't really need the all which to me basically makes their defense pointless.

I hope my rambling makes sense.
Stop trying to categorize us and lump us together.
+
Stop ignoring our Court of Public Opinion formed by lumping all these disparate ideologies under one "big tent".

They need to pick one. At this point they're just throwing buzzwords together to see how many of their constituents aren't paying attention. It's excellent research to see how far they can push their True Believers once they latch on to the next moral panic.

Reactions: cryptoadam
Mar 18, 2018
Feminists made a mess and men and boys are expected to clean it up by taking abuse?
No. I am just making a hypothesis to what I feel is inevitable outcome. I don't think men should hit women and women to hit men. But I think we haven't ,as a society, taken a course towards egalitarianism to correct wrongs. Society right now cannot even agree on observable truths. So I am not sure if we are going to be raising children to be level headed individuals as adolescents and adults.

Mar 18, 2018
A parent can always pick better sources of schooling. You are answering your own concerns. Culture doesn't determine 'biological facts'. We should be raising our next generation to be more resilient to conditioning and propaganda anyway.

Funny how our community here is comfy throwing around insults like "I bet he was fatherless" and "did your mom's boyfriend not scold you?", which are quite funny, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to the misbehavior of a woman then suddenly we cannot rely on society, we cannot rely on culture, we cannot rely on browbeating or shaming the woman, we cannot rely on schooling, we cannot rely on other women, we cannot rely on men, we cannot rely on any other methods to correct the pandemic of women slapping with impunity. If we must resort to slapping so that the woman has a higher percentage chance of learning the lesson, so be it. We've literally tried everything else. This kind of railroaded "what other choice do we have?!?!" thinking sure does sound familiar, like I said earlier... :pie_thinking:

And all this is proposed without irony while adding in "this is how women can get their equality". It's like a parody of a caricature of a ResetERA fanfiction about what alt-right MRA GamerGaters talk about when the lights go off.
I didn't read all those shit flinging wall of texts from a few pages back. I like all you guys and gals and I am not going to let a temper tantrum or member roast ruin that. matt404au matt404au and Tesseract Tesseract should smash and get the obvious sexual tension out their systems. I think Cunth Cunth would approve and provide a neutral bed.

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
No. I am just making a hypothesis to what I feel is inevitable outcome. I don't think men should hit women and women to hit men. But I think we haven't ,as a society, taken a course towards egalitarianism to correct wrongs. Society right now cannot even agree on observable truths. So I am not sure if we are going to be raising children to be level headed individuals as adolescents and adults.
Women do hit men though and men are expected to take the abuse. The cops rarely take female on male violence seriously.

Telling women that men are supposed to take their abuse is part of the problem.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Either that or file a police report, which men usually don't do because of the attitude that women are too weak to hurt men.
That's on them. If they don't dare to call the cops because they are afraid of being laughed at, that's on them.

Sure, it's a problem when the general attitude is that men should brush off violent actions towards them. And that's part of why the term "toxic masculinity" happened. It was created to show that there is this "male culture" that doesn't allow men to show weakness, and telling people that they got hit by a woman in that culture is seen as a weakness.
But it's not as if the only ways to deal with it is to brush it off with zero dealing with it or to punch back. As I said, people should have the courage to call the cops and/or end the relationship, and to tell others their spouse hits them. That's what people should learn. What you are proposing is that violent action should be dealt with another act of violence, as if that stops violence in a relationship.

If the correct thing to do is to hit back, what do you think that happens in a situation where a man hits a woman first and the woman hits back? Do you think the man learns a lesson there or would the man give another punch? If you want equality, you should advocate for women to hit back too. But I don't see how that would ever end the abuse in a relationship. If anything it would probably trigger the man to hit again, and it would be an actual fight then, and there the odds are worse for the woman. And those hotheads wouldn't only use their fists to win. At some point one of them will probably get stabbed.

Many men who have tried to call the cops found themselves arrested instead.
That's something I'd like to see some receipts on.
I'd think if they've got arrested it's been because they have done something the woman has been able to use against him - like punched back which makes it hard to prove who did what first.
If you get punched by someone, the best way to prove who did what first is to not cause damage to the person who hit first and not have your fists give a way for the hitter to lie you hit her first. Defend yourself by blocking the hits and get the fuck out of the situation and take the steps to put the attacker to jail or at the very least end that relationship.

Sure, men CAN take more punches than women, that's a fact, but that doesn't mean nothing should be done to it, and THAT doesn't mean the response should be to punch back.

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Telling women that men are supposed to take their abuse is part of the problem.
I don't think women should think they shouldn't hit men because they would get hit back, but they should think that if they hit them they will lose that relationship and might get jail time for it. You just don't use violence against the person you love. The relationship will shatter the moment it happens, and it will shatter even more if both have punched each other.

Besides, I'm not sure what that relationship even is anymore if both of them have stepped over the line of actually punching the person they vowed to love and live forever with. Can anything get back to normal afterwards. I know if I got hit by my girlfriend, I would forever look at her differently, AND if I would actually make the action to punch her face, another line gets crossed and I would look at her even more differently. Could I say "I love you" to a woman who has punched me? Could I say "I love you" to a woman who I have punched? With those actions something in the relationship will get tarnished forever, I would think.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Zog
Mar 18, 2018
That's on them. If they don't dare to call the cops because they are afraid of being laughed at, that's on them.

Sure, it's a problem when the general attitude is that men should brush off violent actions towards them. And that's part of why the term "toxic masculinity" happened. It was created to show that there is this "male culture" that doesn't allow men to show weakness, and telling people that they got hit by a woman in that culture is seen as a weakness.
But it's not as if the only ways to deal with it is to brush it off with zero dealing with it or to punch back. As I said, people should have the courage to call the cops and/or end the relationship, and to tell others their spouse hits them. That's what people should learn. What you are proposing is that violent action should be dealt with another act of violence, as if that stops violence in a relationship.

If the correct thing to do is to hit back, what do you think that happens in a situation where a man hits a woman first and the woman hits back? Do you think the man learns a lesson there or would the man give another punch? If you want equality, you should advocate for women to hit back too. But I don't see how that would ever end the abuse in a relationship. If anything it would probably trigger the man to hit again, and it would be an actual fight then, and there the odds are worse for the woman. And those hotheads wouldn't only use their fists to win. At some point one of them will probably get stabbed.

That's something I'd like to see some receipts on.
I'd think if they've got arrested it's been because they have done something the woman has been able to use against him - like punched back which makes it hard to prove who did what first.
If you get punched by someone, the best way to prove who did what first is to not cause damage to the person who hit first and not have your fists give a way for the hitter to lie you hit her first. Defend yourself by blocking the hits and get the fuck out of the situation and take the steps to put the attacker to jail or at the very least end that relationship.

Sure, men CAN take more punches than women, that's a fact, but that doesn't mean nothing should be done to it, and THAT doesn't mean the response should be to punch back.
That isn't always so easy. Or we'd have this thing figured out by now eh? My block could lead to more damage. You are essentially telling someone to flee the moment. Which isn't exactly fair since the location of someone's abuse isn't convenient to your elixir. Ever see someone go ape-shit in a car? Nor is sitting there and taking it if that person abusing is escalating by perceiving no retaliation as enthralling to continue. Abusing someone is a mental illness. Nothing is as cut and dry as you want to make it.

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
That isn't always so easy. Or we'd have this thing figured out by now eh? My block could lead to more damage. You are essentially telling someone to flee the moment. Which isn't exactly fair since the location of someone's abuse isn't convenient to your elixir. Ever see someone go ape-shit in a car? Nor is sitting there and taking it if that person abusing is escalating by perceiving no retaliation as enthralling to continue. Abusing someone is a mental illness. Nothing is as cut and dry as you want to make it.
Exactly!

If you get hit in a car, would punching back be even a real possibility?

All I'm saying is that, apart from obvious outlier situations, retaliating with a punch is not a good idea and it is not a good thing to do. More often than not, fleeing is the best option. After that car show, when you get out of the car, I wouldn't recommend anyone to go and punch the person who hit you in the car. Most often you have evidence of being hit, and the one who hit you would likely have evidence that he/she hit you too. Obviously a slap doesn't leave that much evidence on either person but harder hits will.

Good luck telling the police that she started when your fist and her face tells otherwise if you have punched back.

What comes to just sitting there and receiving a hit after hit, I think we haven't been against using force to make the woman stop it. The initial situation we had was a boy getting slapped and what's the appropriate reaction to that. Obviously someone punching you over and over again is a completely different situation. We also have not recommended to just sit and take in punches. We have always recommended either pinning the person down or just leaving the situation (and telling to cops).

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
I don't think women should think they shouldn't hit men because they would get hit back, but they should think that if they hit them they will lose that relationship and might get jail time for it. You just don't use violence against the person you love. The relationship will shatter the moment it happens, and it will shatter even more if both have punched each other.

Besides, I'm not sure what that relationship even is anymore if both of them have stepped over the line of actually punching the person they vowed to love and live forever with. Can anything get back to normal afterwards. I know if I got hit by my girlfriend, I would forever look at her differently, AND if I would actually make the action to punch her face, another line gets crossed and I would look at her even more differently. Could I say "I love you" to a woman who has punched me? Could I say "I love you" to a woman who I have punched? With those actions something in the relationship will get tarnished forever, I would think.
So in your fantasy world women don't know that men are supposed to take their abuse and the only thing that stops them from abusing men is their fear of losing the relationship and they might go to jail? LOL Oh damn that's a good one. You should look into the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard DV controversy. I think she actually told him that no one would believe him if he reported her. That's normal. Women are told that men aren't supposed to hit back and that the police are less likely to believe that women are the aggressor. They have carte blanche.

Have you heard the stories of women who keep going back to abusive men (it happens both ways but you don't hear about the other way in the media) or refusing to press charges? Would you call that Stockholm Syndrome and if so, why wouldn't that also apply to men who 'laugh it off'?

Last edited:

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
So in your fantasy world women don't know that men are supposed to take their abuse and the only thing that stops them from abusing men is their fear of losing the relationship and they might go to jail? LOL Oh damn that's a good one.
You are strawmanning the hell out of what I wrote.

I could as well bring the strawman back to you and say that in your fantasy world when a woman hits a man and the man punches back it's all fine and dandy, the woman will understand to never do it again, he'll be okay with the damage he received and caused and she'll be okay with the damage she caused and received and the relationship can flourish again and they'll live happily ever after.

You should look into the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard DV controversy. I think she actually told him that no one would believe him if he reported her. That's normal. Women are told that men aren't supposed to hit back and that the police are less likely to believe that women are the aggressor. They have carte blanche.
I have not said there aren't abusive women. I have not said women don't hit men. I think I even mentioned that I know men who have lived in abusive relationships. I even know someone whose wife went so far as to claim he sexually abuses his child. The woman was insane. Imagine what would've happened if he would've punched the woman at some point. The woman would've absolutely told the police about it and I doubt he'd have things as well as he has now. I absolutely realize the problem of police tending to look more into men beating women than women beating men, but let's not assume that women beating men is the more usual situation. It's much more usual that men hit women. I'm not saying women hitting men never happens.

There are women who abuse their perceived weakness compared to men. It's like kids who are violent and do crimes because they know they are too young to be going to jail. They abuse their social part in society. Using violence to stop it is not the solution to that.

The Johnny Depp thing doesn't even rival what happened with the late ski jump champion Matti Nykänen and his wife. Both were instigators of violence in that relationship and both punched back. It ended with Matti stabbing his wife and he got jail time. And they still claimed they loved each other.

That relationship should've ended with the first punch. Gladly they did divorce eventually but sadly only after too much damage.

Have you heard the stories of women who keep going back to abusive men (it happens both ways but you don't hear about the other way in the media) or refusing to press charges?
Yes. That's a terrible situation.

Would you call that Stockholm Syndrome and if so, why wouldn't that also apply to men who 'laugh it off'?
If the abuse continues and the man does nothing to it and keeps coming back to the woman, of course it's Stockholm Syndrome. If it's a one-time slap, no, it's not Stockholm Syndrome. Would be a bad sign for the relationship though and I'd recommend them both look real hard into their relationship and see if it can continue.

Hell, the whole thing started from a gif where a girl slaps a boy and the boy punches back. Not defending his right to punch back is now compared to some abusive relationship where the other keeps on abusing the man, and that is somehow now used to defend the boy punching the girl.
We have never said here that people should stay in abusive relationships. All we've said is that you don't retaliate a slap with a punch. There are other ways to deal with it, and there are other ways to stop whatever that slap might escalate into.

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
If the abuse continues and the man does nothing to it and keeps coming back to the woman, of course it's Stockholm Syndrome.
I see, it takes atleast two instances. I am assuming you hold the same view of male on female DV too, that nothing should be done after the first instance? That is, that she shouldn't hit him back or file a police report and press charges?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018
Exactly!

If you get hit in a car, would punching back be even a real possibility?
Yes. Why wouldn't it be if it got to a point you'd throw knuckles.

As an aside: I've seen a man and woman beat their child's ass wholesale from their upright, bucked positions. The kid was acting a fool in the backseat. Man that dad fucked his shit up and the mom was hysterically yelling at both the child and the dad. You see a lot of shit in the dirty south on hot summer days in bumper to bumper. Some things you can't unsee...

• Triggered
Reactions: thanosg

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
I see, it takes atleast two instances. I am assuming you hold the same view of male on female DV too, that nothing should be done after the first instance? That is, that she shouldn't hit him back or file a police report and press charges?
I was saying what Stockholm Syndrome is. Not when something should be done with the situation.
I don't think a woman staying with a man if he hits her once makes it a Stockholm Syndrome situation either.

And I'm not saying nothing should be done after the first instance.
I don't think a woman should hit the man back either. I'm pretty certain if she'd do that the man wouldn't stop there.

You seem to think these situations will resolve once the other has been able to punch back. As if they go "oh, now I know the errors of my ways, I won't hit you anymore" after being punched back. As if balancing out the amount of punches evens out the situation.

You seem to be overly willing to look for double standards in situations dealing with women so much that you start to invent them in order to prove the opposing opinion wrong. It's like you were raped by a woman named Double Standard when you were a kid, that's how obsessed about it you feel.

Yes. Why wouldn't it be if it got to a point you'd throw knuckles.
So if you're driving a car and the woman next to you hits you it's a good time to hit back while you're driving?
Or if she's driving and you are next to her and she hits you it's a good time to hit her while she's driving?

As an aside: I've seen a man and woman beat their child's ass wholesale from their upright, bucked positions. The kid was acting a fool in the backseat. Man that dad fucked his shit up and the mom was hysterically yelling at both the child and the dad. You see a lot of shit in the dirty south on hot summer days in bumper to bumper. Some things you can't unsee...
That's some legit crazy stuff. They are so succumbed into their hotheadedness that they don't even care about traffic safety. I'd assume they probably have been prone to quick violent retaliation early in their lives to do that while driving.

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Examples please?
Just look at your past few replies.

There are many attempts to find double standards, all falling flat. It's been "oh, you do this in that situation but you wouldn't do that in this situation" over and over again, all based on assumptions that have been false. When I reply with an example of how some assumption is not true, you reply with another assumption of me doing that in this situation and this in that situation.

And that's just the replies to me and only on this page, not even mentioning the replies on earlier pages and the replies to others.

A double standard that supposedly benefits a woman seems to be the bane of your existence. That's the clear angle in many of your posts. Not that it's wrong to look for those double standards and not that those double standards aren't wrong. But the opposing view to this subject from me and others doesn't necessarily come from that problem no matter how much you'd think it does.

Reactions: Tesseract

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
Just look at your past few replies.

There are many attempts to find double standards, all falling flat. It's been "oh, you do this in that situation but you wouldn't do that in this situation" over and over again, all based on assumptions that have been false. When I reply with an example of how some assumption is not true, you reply with another assumption of me doing that in this situation and this in that situation.

And that's just the replies to me and only on this page, not even mentioning the replies on earlier pages and the replies to others.

A double standard that supposedly benefits a woman seems to be the bane of your existence. That's the clear angle in many of your posts. Not that it's wrong to look for those double standards and not that those double standards aren't wrong. But the opposing view to this subject from me and others doesn't necessarily come from that problem no matter how much you'd think it does.
I am not inventing anything, it has been said that men should laugh it off when a woman hits them and I just trying to find out where you stand. Do you feel the need to protect women from actual equality?

Edit: Women want equality, many of them fight for equality but some men want to protect them from themselves. I don't understand that and I don't like the double standards that come from that.

Anyway, I think I am done here. Have a good night.

Last edited:

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
I am not inventing anything, it has been said that men should laugh it off when a woman hits them and I just trying to find out where you stand.
Oh wait, sorry I misunderstood why you asked for examples. You thought I mean you invent those double standard ideas in general. No I didn't mean that, I meant that you invent them for the people you reply to. As in strawman argument style.

Oh hell, this is hard to explain...

Like, I don't mean that you make up the idea that, say, there exists a double standard of women getting a pass in sex scandals and men getting judged disproportionally more, or something like that. I don't mean that you just come up with all these double standards. I know they exist.

I mean that when debating these things you invent (oh hell, 'invent' really is the wrong word for this) you invent these to be the reason for why the opposing side has that opinion. Like, you invent these reasons for the arguments of the opposing side and you use your bank of 'double standards' to do it.

Ok, this 'invent double standards' being confusing mess is all on me, sorry for that.

Do you feel the need to protect women from actual equality?
If "actual equality" means that they should be punched if they slap someone, absolutely I do. I don't want "actual equality" for women if it means wrestling and boxing matches should have mixed genders. And much of it is exactly because of protecting women. I don't care if it's seen as sexism. And I don't care if it's seen as 'the good kind of sexism' either.

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
Oh wait, sorry I misunderstood why you asked for examples. You thought I mean you invent those double standard ideas in general. No I didn't mean that, I meant that you invent them for the people you reply to. As in strawman argument style.

Oh hell, this is hard to explain...

Like, I don't mean that you make up the idea that, say, there exists a double standard of women getting a pass in sex scandals and men getting judged disproportionally more, or something like that. I don't mean that you just come up with all these double standards. I know they exist.

I mean that when debating these things you invent (oh hell, 'invent' really is the wrong word for this) you invent these to be the reason for why the opposing side has that opinion. Like, you invent these reasons for the arguments of the opposing side and you use your bank of 'double standards' to do it.

Ok, this 'invent double standards' being confusing mess is all on me, sorry for that.
I understand what you are saying. No need to apologize.

Women talk about how oppressed they are but they have so many people bending over backwards to both help them and protect them. Even when they start hitting it's up to the male to do the right thing and not hit back. Women can't be held accountable for their actions and it's just not right. Your lucky if the police don't brush off female on male violence.

Ok, now I am done. Have a good night.

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
I understand what you are saying. No need to apologize.

Women talk about how oppressed they are but they have so many people bending over backwards to both help them and protect them. Even when they start hitting it's up to the male to do the right thing and not hit back. Women can't be held accountable for their actions and it's just not right. Your lucky if the police don't brush off female on male violence.

Ok, now I am done. Have a good night.
I get the frustration and I get the problem.
It's just that I think advocating for counterpunching women gets a step or two or three or even four too far in trying to find a solution to it.
But yeah I get what you mean.

Reactions: Zog

GeorgPrime

Jan 9, 2020
This one is brutal but always makes me laugh

Well she requested it by participating in that stuff.

Its the same like the girl that approaches a man that is 2 heads higher than her and goes on punching him. He just pushs her away and she is down.

Woman != Man. So dont act like a man if you dont want to get hurt.

Reactions: Nymphae

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
I found wrist locks very effective on the one occasion in my life I had a girlfriend that would lose her temper and swing on me like a guy. Nothing teaches humility like a wrist lock.

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
I found wrist locks very effective on the one occasion in my life I had a girlfriend that would lose her temper and swing on me like a guy. Nothing teaches humility like a wrist lock.

...or a Domestic Violence charge and jail time.

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
...or a Domestic Violence charge and jail time.
Has to be some sign of injury to catch that charge. Source: my time in prison, and I’ve always been humble. I’m not just going to stand there and let a woman or anyone piece me up, you will be stopped.

Last edited:

switchback27

Jul 26, 2018
Pretty telling that an article is so fucking brain-dead that out of a 9-page thread, comments pertaining to the article itself are about 0.5% of the total.