• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Belize overwater bungalows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
LOL nah. Things like that really arent needed. I mean it is a poor country doesnt mean it's a disgusting place with bugs and shit flying around every second. Ive never even seen a fuckin mosquito anytime i visit my grandparents.

Hahahahahaha

Not enough lols in the world. There are mosquitoes all over the damn place.

Kunan

Man reading this thread while listening to the League of Legends Latino finals has my brain spinning. Sounds like you aren't dating yet? You should probably ask her out instead of posting pics and talking about a trip to Belize. Also I'd say work on the possessive dialog a bit...

These bungalows look amazing. I'd totally love to stay in one some time. I used to not really desire a beach vacation until I took one and experienced the sheer carefree lifestyle.

JuanMR2

img_cayo_espanto_belize.jpg

img_cayo_espanto_belize_2.jpg

1%20best%20overwater%20bungalow%20resorts%20four%20seasons%20bora%20bora%20huts.jpg

lemeridienboraboraoverwater-custom-1334967228.jpg

Thoughts and experiences? I'd expect to pay $1,000 USD per person, per night.

Anywhere else in the world I should check out? I'd like to have an overwater bungalow. The lady likes Central America so Vietnam, etc. might be out of the question

We went to Bora Bora and Moorea last August for our honeymoon, it was amazing! I recommend everyone add Bora Bora to your bucket list. Also the last two pictures in your OP aren't in Belize, they're pictures from Bora Bora. Good luck OP

Moorea
WP_20130822_039.jpg

Bora Bora
WP_20130827_005.jpg

WP_20130827_004.jpg

People should be forced to provide proof they can take these trips before wasting our time. I have no idea what OP is getting at because he's being purposely obtuse. What a schmuck.

I'm pretty sure he's kidnapping her for an all-expense paid snuggle session.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It's just a super precaution, I think. Things like that really aren't needed. It's not like there is a malaria problem there, there isn't. A lot of Americans even move there for retirement. But whatever makes people feel safe.

I don't care about malaria. I care about itchy bites.

The Belize reef is amazing. Definitely recommend going snorkeling off Caye Caulker. There are local tour guides that will take you on their small motor boat to the reef and you'll also get to swim with a ton of stingray and sharks.

East Lake

Needs more fitness ladies.
triceps.jpg

Correct, I do not think she can pay for this type of vacation. I'm comfortable paying, but at the same time I'd like to get closer to her. I'd like to become a couple. Bleh..
Don't want to take her to Belize if she dates another guy when we return. I'd like to be her companion. To take care of her. To be mine
closejarline.jpg
Perhaps there might be a way to do this without spending a thousand dollar. I wonder how.

Ok, this thread officially makes no sense to me anymore....

I think his main dilemma is whether or not he should drop a full G on a trip with a girl he wants to make a move on, but is unsure whether or not she would like him back. He's willing to make a $500 investment ( going halfsies ) on the trip but feels like doing that would hurt his chances of getting her to snuggle with him in the bungalow. He just doesn't want the trip to end up with him down $1000 after finding out the girl only wants to be friends with him at best. However, the $1000 trip investment would be worth while if he's able to take his relationship to the next level with her.

I would go a totally different route, which would involve going on a couple local dates first to establish where she stands on mutual interest before making the Belize trip but thats just me.

Contemplating a very expensive trip with someone you who you don't apparently know that well or if there is any kind of mutual appreciation with is bonkers. It reeks of desperation and a weird kind of possessiveness that whisking a person a way rather than talking to them like an adult is your first idea. Combined with your odd comments jumping into this 'take care of her, she'll be mine' kind of talk, I'm really not rooting for you in this particular scheme.

kurbaan

Banned
Agreed. Because we've never had sex before. I have yet to touch her! Out of respect of course. I can go online and masturbate and release that. The lady is there for a different reason, she's not a piece of meat.

But yeah. We'd probably have sex on this lavish trip. Sleeping in the same bed, etc.

Btw, we are dating. This is only a dream.. We are not going steady and in a real relationship

I am sorry but this made me laugh out loud. Written like a true hover hands virgin. Yeah she isn't a piece of meat but you haven't touched her out of respect? LOL. Yeah you are in a relationship and you are afraid to touch her and you want to pay 1000 a night for a relationship that as you put it "not a real relationship". Not saying you have to bang the first date but dude come on.

I hope his is a joke thread.

Edit: Read the rest of OPs post. Definitely a joke thread. (I hope otherwise its just sad)

Drakeon

This thread took a real weird turn. Op is crazy if he thinks dropping 5 grand on a trip to make this lady his gf is even being considered. Go to fucking dinner, go do stuff and establish a relationship before such a huge investment.

Glasshole

Banned
You do make a good point. I agree.

I've never been outside of the U.S. and this type of my vacation is my dream. Why not treat her to a lavish trip? May even bring us closer together.

Excessive indeed. Something to think about several months down the road. Always good to research before spending thousands of dollars.

Do you want her to fall in love with you, or your financial capabilities?

Come on, man. I get it, you're excited, you're feeling a connection to this woman, but don't do silly shit like this. Especially if you're not even in a relationship together. Might as well ruin your holidays.

Glasshole

Banned
I am sorry but this made me laugh out loud. Written like a true hover hands virgin. Yeah she isn't a piece of meat but you haven't touched her out of respect? LOL. Yeah you are in a relationship and you are afraid to touch her and you want to pay 1000 a night for a relationship that as you put it "not a real relationship". Not saying you have to bang the first date but dude come on.

I hope his is a joke thread.

Edit: Read the rest of OPs post. Definitely a joke thread. (I hope otherwise its just sad)

I cannot help but totally agree to this good man here. How would anyone even get such ideas.

Especially considering some people posted here that you apparently know she's in it for the money and suddenly, you want to go on a trip with her?

I mean, you talk about respect here every second damn post, but yet refuse to pay some respect to the people on this very board living paycheck to paycheck every damn month.

"Yeah gunna spend 5G on this trip with a girl I'm not together with but you know it's only money, nothing serious *^_^* dats how I roll."

The fuck OP. No need to pull that shit.

If it's worth locking down, there are easier, less expensive ways to go about this.

Would take a shorter, more local trip first and do a few simple dates even before then.

dc89

OP don't do this. Don't. It's not worth it.
Take her out for some nice food. Take her to a movie.

I was with my gf for 18 months before we went on holiday together. We went to the Caribbean, split the whole thing up Fiddy/Fiddy.

AxeMan

I stayed in an overwater hut in Moorea.

Would have been over 10 years ago now. Was good but very expensive, can't remember specifically how much though

kurbaan

Banned
Thinking a bit more. OP why do you think she would even agree to come with you on this trip. Basically leaving the country on a vacation with someone with whom they "are not in a real relationship" and have not been touched out of "respect"

Sounds like a creepy way to get kidnapped by some guy who dreams about making her mine. Does she know she is going on this trip? or does she find out when you take her out of the suitcase?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
The missus and I have decided on a private overwater bungalow in Seychelles for our honeymoon. Overwater bungalow on a private island. You can arrange for a chef to come over and make you breakfast, dinner and/or lunch, or you can have him bring the foods and cook yourself in your firepit on the beach.
You have an entire island to yourself and your missus. Let your imagination run wild ;)

RustyCassette

Neo Member
The missus and I have decided on a private overwater bungalow in Seychelles for our honeymoon. Overwater bungalow on a private island. You can arrange for a chef to come over and make you breakfast, dinner and/or lunch, or you can have him bring the foods and cook yourself in your firepit on the beach.
You have an entire island to yourself and your missus. Let your imagination run wild ;)

Sounds amazing.

Vagabundo

Or you could go on the trip, have a wonderful time and if things don't work out, then you still had a wonderful time.

Sometimes it's best to live in the moment.

Also some of the comments are slightly creepy.

Kunan

This sounds like the best thing ever

johnny956

Me and the wife looked at bora bora and Maldives but it came down to budget and we would be spending quite a bit on airfare and would have to cut the trip short because of it. Ended up going to Jamaica instead and staying almost two weeks....oh having a butler is amazing

Dude there is only two places to go!

Aitutaki or Bora bora!

Does are UNREAL!

When your done with aitutaki, go to New Zealand for a couple of weeks, wont regret it!

Zozz

Banned
Agreed. Because we've never had sex before. I have yet to touch her! Out of respect of course. I can go online and masturbate and release that. The lady is there for a different reason, she's not a piece of meat.

But yeah. We'd probably have sex on this lavish trip. Sleeping in the same bed, etc.

This is nuts, you're basically buying your way into her, this can only turn out to be a nightmare for you.

shuri

Banned
is this person aware that you are telling internet people that you are dating her and posting pics? Is she even aware of you?

Link to where I can book?

Zaph

Is the plumbing underneath that building or...how does that work? I wouldn't be swimming underneath that house if I were that girl.
There's plumbing running underneath the entire pier. The water quality is their entire business, they're not going to risk it.

But want to know what does stop you from swimming under the bungalows? Fucking dock spiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom