• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Belize overwater bungalows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekdrm2d1

img_cayo_espanto_belize.jpg

img_cayo_espanto_belize_2.jpg

1%20best%20overwater%20bungalow%20resorts%20four%20seasons%20bora%20bora%20huts.jpg

lemeridienboraboraoverwater-custom-1334967228.jpg

Thoughts and experiences? I'd expect to pay $1,000 USD per person, per night.

Anywhere else in the world I should check out? I'd like to have an overwater bungalow. The lady likes Central America so Vietnam, etc. might be out of the question

andthebeatgoeson

Those bug nets are.....necessary. Nothing like opening the windows at night and Mothra's cousin lands on the bug net in the dark. The hum of her vocal cords are distinct and distracting. Hard to fall asleep if she's going to lay eggs in your brain stem.

Damn Fiji was... interesting.

Ekdrm2d1

Those bug nets are.....necessary. Nothing like opening the windows at night and Mothra's cousin lands on the bug net in the dark. The hum of her vocal cords are distinct and distracting. Hard to fall asleep if she's going to lay eggs in your brain stem.

Damn Fiji was... interesting.

Thanks.

If you're going to send someone to Belize, I wouldn't skimp out - get the best operatives to guarantee the job gets done.

Agreed. I've never been outside of the United States! Since I'm with a lady, I'd like to treat us both. Even if we're not married or in a serious relationship. I'd like to have fun... Do what I've always dreamed about (overwater bungalows.)

Ekdrm2d1

Controversial subject. Should the male pay 100% of the trip? IMO, the lady should pay 30%.. chip in a little bit. We both have steady jobs with health benefits, etc.

@Devo

Prez

Agreed. I've never been outside of the United States! Since I'm with a lady, I'd like to treat us both. Even if we're not married or in a serious relationship. I'd like to have fun... Do what I've always dreamed about (overwater bungalows.)

He was talking about killing someone. It's a Breaking Bad reference.

Lazyslob

Banned
indttpxpK6XTg.gif

She has more expenses than me.

Well if you are going to automatically defend her not paying why would you even ask? It's a trip for both of you why wouldn't you split the bill? I mean, personally, I dont fuck with people who will skimp out on shit.

PG2G

Controversial subject. Should the male pay 100% of the trip? IMO, the lady should pay 30%.. chip in a little bit. We both have steady jobs with health benefits, etc.

@Devo

I would assume that if you are taking this trip together that you're in an actual relationship. I would hope you're not still paying for everything.

Ekdrm2d1

Well if you are going to automatically defend her not paying why would you even ask? It's a trip for both of you why wouldn't you split the bill? I mean, personally, I dont fuck with people who will skimp out on shit.

Good point.

Well, as stated she has more expenses than me. I can afford this trip, she cannot. It's me taking the lead and her paying a small fraction of it. I haven't discuss it with her, but I can imagine that's how it would be. It's my idea to take the trip, I want to to spend the money.

It's just a dream.
I'd pay, but she'd have to go a long with it. She may even feel guilty how I'm spending thousands

andthebeatgoeson

LOL nah. Things like that really arent needed. I mean it is a poor country doesnt mean it's a disgusting place with bugs and shit flying around every second. Ive never even seen a fuckin mosquito anytime i visit my grandparents.
They have nets on the pictures of the beds. Most GAFers haven't had the pleasure of the nets at night.

megabadd

Where in Belize is that? San Pedro? I'm Belizean, grew up there and go back regularly on holiday, and I don't think I've seen that in the places I frequent.

Ekdrm2d1

I would assume that if you are taking this trip together that you're in an actual relationship. I would hope you're not still paying for everything.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781877

I'd say we are in a relationship, just minus the sex part.
I'd rather have a companion than rush to get an orgasm like teenagers.

Valid point. If we do not have sex, and act as a regular couple, spending $5,000 is silly.

@Devo

NewFresh

OP

I stayed at x'tan ha for the second part of the honeymoon. Just this past November. It was gorgeous and really cheap. But I would recommend staying closer to the town nearby. There is so much good food and stuff to do in town, while the hotel's are just overpriced tourist junk food.

Lazyslob

Banned
Good point.

Well, as stated she has more expenses than me. I can afford this trip, she cannot. It's me taking the lead and her paying a small fraction of it. I haven't discuss it with her, but I can imagine that's how it would be. It's my idea to take the trip, I want to to spend the money.

It's just a dream.
I'd pay, but she'd have to go a long with it. She may even feel guilty how I'm spending thousands

If you're down to spend the money for it, go for it. Will be a cool trip, either way.

SummitAve

Banned
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781877

I'd say we are in a relationship, just minus the sex part.
I'd rather have a companion than rush to get an orgasm like teenagers.

Valid point. If we do not have sex, and act as a regular couple, spending $5,000 is silly.

@Devo

I'm so confused. Why minus the sex part? This seems like a pretty romantic locale to be vacationing to for there be no sex part.

Definitely talk about it with her before.

AMUSIX

Stayed in one in Bora Bora...was very nice, nighttime was very relaxing to hear the water under us. Mosquitos were an issue, though.

Also, I think one of those shots is of the Club Med in the Maldives. Almost stayed there, but the airfare was almost as much as the week's stay, so we ended up in the Bahamas instead.

7OiLunS.jpg

Still on my list of places I'd like to spend a week in the coming years.
oAVAWFW.jpg

Lazyslob

Banned
They have nets on the pictures of the beds. Most GAFers haven't had the pleasure of the nets at night.

It's just a super precaution, I think. Things like that really aren't needed. It's not like there is a malaria problem there, there isn't. A lot of Americans even move there for retirement. But whatever makes people feel safe.

Ekdrm2d1

OP

I stayed at x'tan ha for the second part of the honeymoon. Just this past November. It was gorgeous and really cheap. But I would recommend staying closer to the town nearby. There is so much good food and stuff to do in town, while the hotel's are just overpriced tourist junk food.

Thanks.

If you're down to spend the money for it, go for it. Will be a cool trip, either way.

Right.

I'm so confused. Why minus the sex part? This seems like a pretty romantic locale to be vacationing to for there be no sex part.

Definitely talk about it with her before.

Agreed. Because we've never had sex before. I have yet to touch her! Out of respect of course. I can go online and masturbate and release that. The lady is there for a different reason, she's not a piece of meat.

But yeah. We'd probably have sex on this lavish trip. Sleeping in the same bed, etc.

Btw, we are dating. This is only a dream.. We are not going steady and in a real relationship

Damaniel

Banned
Agreed. Because we've never had sex before. I have yet to touch her! Out of respect of course. I can go online and masturbate and release that. The lady is there for a different reason, she's not a piece of meat.

But yeah. We'd probably have sex on this lavish trip. Sleeping in the same bed, etc.

Uhm, call me old fashioned, but a relationship minus the sex is pretty much just a friendship. Unless you've only been dating for a short while -- and if so, a trip to Belize seems rather excessive all things considered (doubly so if you're paying for the whole thing).

Asexual relationship aside, those bungalows do look nice. I'm not really the traveling type, but if I were, I'd love to stay in a place like that.

Ekdrm2d1

Uhm, call me old fashioned, but a relationship minus the sex is pretty much just a friendship. Unless you've only been dating for a short while -- and if so, a trip to Belize seems rather excessive all things considered (doubly so if you're paying for the whole thing).

Asexual relationship aside, those bungalows do look nice. I'm not really the traveling type, but if I were, I'd love to stay in a place like that.

You do make a good point. I agree.

I've never been outside of the U.S. and this type of my vacation is my dream. Why not treat her to a lavish trip? May even bring us closer together.

Excessive indeed. Something to think about several months down the road. Always good to research before spending thousands of dollars.

Ekdrm2d1

What do you mean "right"? I tell you what you don't want to hear; you hate it. I tell you what you want to hear; you hate it.

"right" is agreeing with somebody.

Will be a cool trip regardless if we are a couple or not. If she doesn't want to fuck me, I can always masturbate. It's not about sex, it's about being with her. Spending time with her. She makes me happy. I'd like to spend 3+ days with her.. The longer the better..

Ekdrm2d1

50/50 that shit if you both want to go and can pay.

Thanks for chiming in! I wanted to hear from you.
We have the opposite financial situations though. But yeah, if she wants to go somewhere in Central America she should pay half of it.
Eh, but it's mainly my idea..

Future

Damn son. That's a lavish expense for this phase in the relationship. Awesome though. She'll love it

You were asking if she should pay some... Fuck yeah she should, come on man

Ekdrm2d1

Damn son. That's a lavish expense for this phase in the relationship. Awesome though. She'll love it

You were asking if she should pay some... Fuck yeah she should, come on man

I'm a hermit. I spend my Friday and Saturday night on NeoGAF. Not only will she love it, but I'll be extremely happy about it.

haha. Right on. I'll talk to her about it. She wanted to hit up Costa Rica, so I'll move my way to the other islands instead.
Again, I am only day-dreaming here. I'd love to do this! It's a long shot, but it's worth a discussion =)

Zaph

I'm confused, are you or are you not planning a trip?

Anyway, If you do book an over-water bungalow, I strongly recommend making sure you're at the end of the pier, otherwise the constant sound of flip-flops and high heels against the boards and people being loud as they walk past will drive you mad, especially if you just want to spend the day or night in bed. Some bungalows are set quite back away from the central pier, that's what you want.

Also, avoid any of the really long piers. It might look cool staying out so far from the shore, but it gets really annoying to walk back and forth unless you're willing to use room service for every little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom