• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bellator MMA: Rampage vs. Tito |OT| Just kidding, Tito is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the knee rule is stupid when dudes are playing the down/up down/up game but right there.. it's hard for me to hate the rule. The knee came so quick, I'm not sure that Strauss could've gotten fully up.

Of course there are people who think that knees to fully downed opponents heads and even soccer kicks should be legal.. and that is incredibly extreme to me.

Heel

Curran knows that according to sports entertainment rules you cannot drop the strap on a DQ. Don't be surprised if he jumps the cage and goes for a count out to retain the gold. Dirtiest player in the game.

Dysun

I feel like the knee rule is stupid when dudes are playing the down/up down/up game but right there.. it's hard for me to hate the rule. The knee came so quick, I'm not sure that Strauss could've gotten fully up.

Of course there are people who think that knees to fully downed opponents heads and even soccer kicks should be legal.. and that is incredibly extreme to me.
I want knees to grounded opponents, maybe no soccer kicks or stomps though

just-bleed-guy.jpg

Lazyslob

Banned

There is a world of difference between soccer kicks and head stomps and a knee like the one Curran did.

Heel

I like how this Reebok commercial implies that Rampage Jackson can actually run hills with DeMarcus Ware.

they are vital in grappling heavy orgs like most in the USA are.

Or they could just change the judging criteria to award considerably less to takedowns that lead to little or nothing.

I want knees to grounded opponents, maybe no soccer kicks or stomps though

Maybe I could get used to knees to downed opponents.. maybe. But after seeing how Nelson learned he could game the crucifix position.. the North/South or something similar will surely be exploited. Soccer kicks and stomps though.. I mean that shit is blatantly lethal.

There is a world of difference between soccer kicks and head stomps and a knee like the one Curran did.

Of course there is. My point was that my opinion of the knee would be highly contested when there are fans who think soccer kicks and head stomps should be ok.

I've never seen Rampage do so much cardio.

Also surprised how tentative Curran looked.

You still haven't. Count the seconds of Rampage running with his face in the shot. At this point I feel like the dude will use a stuntman for his entrance walk into the ring.

Heel

Why take a finger poke when you can take revenge? Win twice, walk away with their strap and bury the whole org.

I gotta say, Bellator from a production standpoint is better than UFC already, which is pretty damn sad. The little vignettes in between fights are kind of cool, at least a lot better than having each fighter talk about how they will die before they tap with shitty death metal playing in the background like you normally get in UFC. Dana needs to get his act together and clean house when it comes to production/marketing.

Heel

I gotta say, Bellator from a production standpoint is better than UFC already, which is pretty damn sad. The little vignettes in between fights are kind of cool, at least a lot better than having each fighter talk about how they will die before they tap with shitty death metal playing in the background like you normally get in UFC. Dana needs to get his act together and clean house when it comes to production/marketing.

Frank Shamrock as Viacom's Mean Gene, silently holding the mic as King Mo shoots a heel promo on him only minutes before stepping into the cage. This is just too damn good.

iddqd

It's a super bad idea though to have an interview with them 5min before they have to walk out. Even worse if the interviewer actually wants to talk about recent losses and if the fighter is injured. Messes with the fighter's mind AND what kind of answer do you expect?

It's a super bad idea though to have an interview with them 5min before they have to walk out. Even worse if the interviewer actually wants to talk about recent losses and if the fighter is injured. Messes with the fighter's mind AND what kind of answer do you expect?

i was talking more about the produced, narrated pieces like the one before Strauss fight. Was really well done I thought.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

0042_l7lv.gif

the Legend was trolling Mo.

frank-shamrock_phil-baroni_a.gif

Newton has some of the worst, most telegraphed stand up I've ever seen. It's like he has to hold down for 3 seconds before he can throw his spinny kicks, Guile style.

Newton is tired. Once Mo got his legs back his whole strat was to make Newton swing and miss to tire him out more. Problem is, I don't know if Mo has any tank left to use.

Heel

King Mo has Ultimate Warrior level cardio. Hard to forget he got blown up riding Mousasi for 25 minutes. Losing to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom