• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bellator MMA: Rampage vs. Tito |OT| Just kidding, Tito is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Looks like we may have found the source of the booing...

polyh3dron ‏@polyh3dron 2m Had Chandler family and friends behind me booing like crazy, they all had "Blessed" shirts on

lol

Heel

Yo that Bjorn lmaooooo

0000.gif

Yes indeed. Alvarez deserved the win... look at Chandlers face for goodness sakes...
Chandler could have one of those faces though.

And it was a tough fight to call. The 1st was close. 2 and 4th were probably Chandlers. 3 and 5th were definitely Alvarez.

And the contract calls for a third match. Would definitely be a good MMA trilogy.

Chandler could have one of those faces though.

And it was a tough fight to call. The 1st was close. 2 and 4th were probably Chandlers. 3 and 5th were definitely Alvarez.

And the contract calls for a third match. Would definitely be a good MMA trilogy.

Maybe, but i still saw Alvarez winning, and i prefer his style of fighting over Chandlers...

That's going to happen when you fight with your hands down and basically block shots with your face.

Just the way he fights...

Watch Chandler's fights. Especially the previous fight with Alvarez. That's not how he fights typically. With the exception of the decision... this was like Edgar vs. Maynard 3. Chandler packed on more muscle with hopes of knocking out Alvarez cold and it didnt' work.

Still, it was if the judges didn't score any of Chandler's takedowns. He pretty much out wrestled and grappled Eddie every round except the 5th.

Still, it was if the judges didn't score any of Chandler's takedowns. He pretty much out wrestled and grappled Eddie every round except the 5th.

No.. it was as if the judges didn't score the "takedowns" that the announcer called that weren't actually takedowns.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
VcufuzR.jpg

Disagree Brother Industrian. They still don't have a PPV to provide precedence in future cases. :p

Speaking of PPVs, I wonder when Viacom will be brave enough to try again.

Surely Alvarez vs. Chandler 3 will be in the works as a potential co-main behind a "marquee" fight.

But before that I wonder if Chandler will have to redo the tournament system again - nah, probably not. "Rematch rematch" clause incoming...

From what I heard, it was Bellator that wanted to try out PPV not Spike.

And Does anyone know if Eddie signed a new contract with Bellator?

muddream

Banned
That's no excuse for the punishment he received though... it's obvious that Alvarez landed the most powerful blows.

Chandler landed more powerful blows in the 4th than Eddie did in the entire fight, wtf were you watching?

No.. it was as if the judges didn't score the "takedowns" that the announcer called that weren't actually takedowns.

Any one of those takedowns would've finished 2013 UFC fighter Roxanne Modafferi and actually lead to a close RNC. That's effective grappling and should've won him a round when the standup is too close to call.

I'm reading a lot of your posts with an unusually stern look on my face. If you keep publicly disrespecting the base of the pyramid on here, we're gonna have issues.

The "facial damage" isn't a tell tale sign. Some people have a lot of scar tissue, bruise easily whereas some don't. However I do agree that significant strikes matter more than pillow fisted jabs.

And since when aren't takedowns counted in a fight? In the second, Chandler took Alvarez down several times.

If he was in the UFC, I could see Chandler having more success than Alvarez.

Bendo, Gray, Diego, Cerrone and a few others would give Alvarez a tough time (possibly).

And "strikers" like Pettis, Grant, Melendez would probably out strike him (possibly).

The bigger story is Bellator definitely screwed him out of some money with their weird contracts. But I could see him having the same success as a Overeem (blackzillian shout out) or Lumbard.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The "facial damage" isn't a tell tale sign. Some people have a lot of scar tissue, bruise easily whereas some don't. However I do agree that significant strikes matter more than pillow fisted jabs.

And since when aren't takedowns counted in a fight? In the second, Chandler took Alvarez down several times.

If he was in the UFC, I could see Chandler having more success than Alvarez.

Bendo, Gray, Diego, Cerrone and a few others would give Alvarez a tough time (possibly).

And "strikers" like Pettis, Grant, Melendez would probably out strike him (possibly).

The bigger story is Bellator definitely screwed him out of some money with their weird contracts. But I could see him having the same success as a Overeem (blackzillian shout out) or Lumbard.

Chandler's problem right now is the same as Gil's when he was in Strikeforce. And that is the more time he spends crushing cans and not being challenged then he's not going to live up to his full potential. No-one in Bellator outside of Eddie can challenge him (similar with Gil and Josh in Strikeforce), so unless Bellator can sign a shitload of quality 155ers then his skills will just stagnate. That and due to the tournament model in use, he won't be able to fight regularly enough to drive his development - nor is he guaranteed to fight the best of the best.

If Chandler was in the UFC and thus able to fight guys at a similar and higher skillset as him, then he'd probably lose a few but then go on a major run and get the championship. Eddie would be thrown into title contendership immediately because of his age, and could probably win it - but good luck holding onto it.

Eddie Alvarez would not even beat Benson Henderson or Gilbert Melendez, let alone Showtime Pettis, if he went to the UFC. He'd be another guy that comes in from another organization with tons of hype but ends up being a gate keeper like CroCop.

Heel

@JoshGrossESPN - Per Spike TV: Chandler-Alvarez 2 is the "most watched mixed martial [arts] event on television this fall." Drew 1.1M viewers with 1.4M peak. Acknowledging "extraordinary length of the event" and "cut off" DVR recordings, Spike replays Chandler-Alvarez 2, Fri. night, 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Looks like Operation: Tito was a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom