Ben Shapiro TRIGGERED by Andrew Neil, WALKS from interview early

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
posting these commentary videos should not be allowed on here IMO

absolutely insufferable

edit ROFL "Thank you for your time and showing that anger is not part of the American discourse."

RIP Ben Shapiro

Last edited:
Reactions: azz0r

btgorman

Jul 26, 2009
I only got halfway before I got sick of that BBC “conservative.” Ben Shapiro didn’t do the best but I don’t see how this is a win for either side.

The left is great at coming up with retarded ideas. That does not mean that the right is bereft of ideas. MAGA encapsulates a restructuring of the world order in which the US reorients it’s role and relationships with foreign allies and competitors. No President (left or right) since Bush Sr. ever thought to do anything about that since the end of the Cold War.

The way I see it, Trump is trying a very fine balancing act of implementing old-fashioned Protectionist ideas in a world of free capital movement. Which I think is a very difficult task. Whereas Obama just threw up his hands and said that the jobs were not coming back.

The right is also currently a beacon for maintaining the civil rights that are a net benefit to society like free speech, due process, etc. perhaps even on large social media platforms. Perhaps this in itself is an idea in itself, i.e. some individual liberties are sacrosanct in public spaces that are digital .

The bbc guy straight up calls limiting abortions to the first 6 weeks as a return to the dark ages? Wtf?

If you want something more specific please feel free to loo around here http://www.magapill.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead1612

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
Posting these kind of clips unedited works better. The person editing themselves in to comment rarely ever adds anything worthwhile.

Andrew Neil’s reaction to being told that he’s on the left is pretty funny though. Shapiro reacted pretty badly to being pressed a little bit and fell back on attacking the person.

For those not from the UK, Andrew Neil is certainly not on the left.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Saw the interview earlier today. Shapiro seemed pretty hostile and angry. I'm not sure why the interviewer was bringing up old tweets from 2012. All around pointless interview. If it wasn't for the zinger at the end I would have considered watching it a complete waste of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: crowbrow

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
I only got halfway before I got sick of that BBC “conservative.” Ben Shapiro didn’t do the best but I don’t see how this is a win for either side.

The left is great at coming up with retarded ideas. That does not mean that the right is bereft of ideas. MAGA encapsulates a restructuring of the world order in which the US reorients it’s role and relationships with foreign allies and competitors. No President (left or right) since Bush Sr. ever thought to do anything about that since the end of the Cold War.

The right is also currently a beacon for maintaining the civil rights that are a net benefit to society like free speech, due process, etc.

The bbc guy straight up calls limiting abortions to the first 6 weeks as a return to the dark ages? Wtf?
BBC destroyed Ben Shapiro and they weren't even trying?

merlinevo

Neo Member
Apr 28, 2019
Random youtube blogger from Canada commentating about an American shock jock interviewed on a British TV talk show. No thanks, but all of the above are idiots who don't deserve attention.

Reactions: crowbrow

finowns

May 10, 2009
I got 5 minutes in and Ben Shapiro was getting fussy. There is something a bit cringey with Shapiro although I have seen him make good points before.

Last edited:

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
Ben was clearly irritated. However, I think he lost as soon as he questioned the interviewers credibility as a journalist.

Honestly I'm a bit surprised at how aggressive he was. It's not like him to personally attack someone.

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
The interviewer asked a lot of leading questions, spun a lot half-truths, and was fishing for gotcha moments.

Shapiro should have prepared for this, seeing as how that’s how televised political debates generally go. He lost his cool quite a few times, and while it might feel good in the moment to drop all pretenses and be aggressive and say what you really feel, it’s gonna make you look like the jackass. Whensomeone’s being passive-aggressive, you have to be passive-aggressive back at them, being regular-aggressive makes you look like you’re escalating and being irrational.

He should probably stick to campus speeches and radio shows.

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
He did get defensive pretty quick. I do think the interviewer was searching for gotchas, but Shapiro should always know to have his guard up when he goes on tv. He came out looking weak at the end by walking out.

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
That was a category 5 disaster for Shapiro, and no one can really say otherwise. What a disastrous, and embarrassing display.

Shapiro is a the "facts don't care about your feelings" guy right? He sounded like a hysterical brat the entire interview because someone said barbaric once in reference to a harsh criminal penalty in a new law that's being proposed.

And once again, for the ten thousandth time, you see how much he is motivated by identity politics when it has anything to do with Judaism and Israel.

Absolutely embarrassing.

Reactions: Ailynn

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
Usually when someone walks out on an interview, it doesn't look good for that person, even if the rest of the interview may have seemed favorable. It's a kind of rage quit.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
He did get defensive pretty quick. I do think the interviewer was searching for gotchas, but Shapiro should always know to have his guard up when he goes on tv. He came out looking weak at the end by walking out.
I'm fine with him walking out, the interview ran it's course and that's the path that it was heading, there was no need to force it because Shapiro wasn't expecting such an introspective interview. He wasn't prepared to skirt around it.

But what's funny to me is how quick he wanted to label and attack. That failed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ailynn and dolabla

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
Should have labelled this thread title closer to all the other Ben Shapiro posted videos

BBC conservative DESTROYS Ben Shapiro

Reactions: Ailynn
Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
The only thing people are going to take away from this is how angry and petulant Never-Trumpers and the left have become. Going back to the dark ages? Mmmmkay old man.

They are behaving like immature children and it is beautiful.

Last edited:

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
at least the guy admitted it

"Wasn't properly prepared" to discuss his own book, and a handful of twitter comments.

He gets some points for being classy and admitting he looked very bad, which really just amounts to damage control. But I don't know what that was. It didn't seem like a lack of preparation. He had no clue who was interviewing him, and immediately made multiple assumptions about him, so I guess there's that. Still doesn't look very good to assume such hostile intentions from people who you don't even know while literally touring for a book promoting civility in public debate.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Shapiro got triggered way too easily. Neil went with a leading question on the abortion issue, but he should've responded with facts and his own positions, not an ad hominem. Shapiro knows how this game is played. Drudging up 5+ year old tweets in succession was in poor taste on Neil's part and I agree with Shapiro's assessment about the interview's merit overall, but he should've kept his cool and proven it instead of walking. The grandstanding, insults, questioning his credibility as an "objective journalist," comments like "I've never heard of you," and taking his ball and going home early are childish, narcissistic, and salty.

Shows character to own up to losing per the tweet above, though.

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
He got heated pretty fast, though to be fair, the way Mr. Murdoch phrases the abortion question is really weird for someone that's conservative..

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
He got heated pretty fast, though to be fair, the way Mr. Murdoch phrases the abortion question is really weird for someone that's conservative..
True. Sounds like he thought he was going into a softball interview with another conservative to talk about his book.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
The abortion question is one thing, however, more bewildering is Shapiro's anger and inability to deal with the accusations that he's a hypocrite. It's absolutely legitimate for Shapiro to be challenged about lowering the tone of American Politics when he's put out a book that laments the current tone of American politics.

How do you not have prepared answers for those things?

Rran

Jan 2, 2013
amugsblog.blogspot.com
I normally like Shapiro but he did himself no favors here, getting overly defensive and resorting to tu quoques and ad hominems during the debate. He should've composed himself, ignored the passive-aggressive comments and responded with solid evidence without getting heated. The "I've never heard of you" cracks were dirty pool.

To be fair, though, Neil was throwing out some obnoxious leading questions and was rightfully called out on the ridiculous abortion law/dark ages comparison.

Slightly off-topic, but when Neil brought up the concept that "a woman could get 30 years for having a miscarriage" [due to Georgia's new six-week pro-life heartbeat bill], I had to pause the video and look it up. Business Insider has an article containing that title, yet the body of the article instead says that someone can only get that sentence for causing a miscarriage. That's an entirely different verb there, Business Insider! "Causing a miscarriage" is more commonly referred to as "abortion." Way to get people riled up over misinformation.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
I'm off work. I LOL'd when Neil talked about the titles of his videos "Ben Shapiro DESTROYS ________” and then Ben says to stop attributing titles from others to him... And yet that's exactly what his videos say... :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
eh it was gonna happen eventually, i'd be very surprised if this ever happens again

Ke0

Aug 10, 2012
Reading, Berkshire
The only thing people are going to take away from this is how angry and petulant Never-Trumpers and the left have become. Going back to the dark ages? Mmmmkay old man.

They are behaving like immature children and it is beautiful.
What? Neil a hardcore Thatcherite right wing loon. You guys sound utterly mental calling him a 'leftist' lol. If Andrew Neil is a leftist Donald Trump must be far left 😂

Just because he thinks throwing women in prison for getting abortion is crazy doesn't make him a leftist

Kazza

Gold Member
Oct 6, 2018
As far as the mainstream media goes, Andrew Neil is definitely one of the better ones (in fact, I'm not sure I could actually recommend anyone else from the UK media, so there's not much competition). That said, although he is quite good as far as these kind of short-form interrogations go, I feel he is held back by the form factor. I'd love to see him leave the BBC and start his own podcast. It would be interesting to see how his brand of tough questioning would work over a 2 hour show (as opposed to the more relaxed conversational style of Rogan, Rubin etc).

Andrew Neil is a conservative guy (by UK standards anyway), but he does make an effort to play devil's advocate, no matter who he is speaking with. Here is him grilling a far left/social justice supporter:

Here's another one where he goes after an anti-Brexit advocate:

The funny thing is, I think the Shapiro interview wasn't one of Neil's better ones (dragging up really old tweets which Shapiro has already address etc); rather it was Shapiro who made himself look bad by losing his temper.

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
Eh, I feel like this was all a bit too much drama. The interviewer was rehashing tweets that have been rehashed a thousand times over. Insinuating Shapiro is responsible for naming all the videos of himself. Add that to the dark ages comment and I can see where Shapiro thought it was an interview in bad faith. He reacted badly, but... meh.