• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie on JRE today !!

plane.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of JRE, as a Tool fan I was a little disappointed with the Maynard interview. They didn’t really discuss much of anything.

Reactions: DocONally

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
first Fox News now Rogan, tsk tsk tsk well there you go again Bernie is breaking the sacred rule that you are supposed to deplatform and turn away potential voters, silly, not court them! /s

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
I had to check out the thread just for laughs. That place is cancer. I saw one post some dude literally said "Why do Cornel West and other black guests go on that show if he's racist?"

The answer is staring you right in the face, jackass, but you're too blind to see it.

You gotta be a special kind of crazy to think Joe Rogan is racist. Or a special kind of special. Like if you're gonna act superior to Rogan who is a good guy who does a lot of good things for people you better have go cure a disease and solve global starvation or something.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Bernie doesn't seem to look Rogan in the face at all when he speaks, I guess this is a Bernie thing? Don't think he is doing it to be rude, maybe just a little socially awkward.

About 15 minutes in, one thing he said that jumped out was he said Canada has just as good if not better quality of care than America with healthcare. Is that true? I know about Canada's healthcare system but I know nothing about the quality of doctors and how they compare to the US.

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
I live for Joe rogan threads on resetera

Do people really think this stupid shit on resetera? I have not been over there inawhile, so have not kept up to date.

Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a Nazi or racist. Besides Joe Rogan for intents and purposes is a liberal and if I am not mistaken voted for Hilliary.

Reactions: DeafTourette

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Do people really think this stupid shit on resetera? I have not been over there inawhile, so have not kept up to date.

Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a Nazi or racist. Besides Joe Rogan for intents and purposes is a liberal and if I am not mistaken voted for Hilliary.

Yes..... Yes they do.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013

They will come up with any reason to call someone a racist. 90% of the population is racist to them.

Racism by association is a common thing nutjobs like to say. That if you know someone who is racist, that makes you racist, but not cutting them off.

Random sentences, tweets, and isolated comments dug out of thousands of hours of speaking makes you racist

"Giving a platform" to people who aren't racist, but they think they are racist for any number of reasons, makes you racist.

It doesn't really matter what the reasons are, they'll make them up. They want everyone to be racist.

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
They will come up with any reason to call someone a racist. 90% of the population is racist to them.

Racism by association is a common thing nutjobs like to say. That if you know someone who is racist, that makes you racist, but not cutting them off.

Random sentences, tweets, and isolated comments dug out of thousands of hours of speaking makes you racist

"Giving a platform" to people who aren't racist, but they think they are racist for any number of reasons, makes you racist.

It doesn't really matter what the reasons are, they'll make them up. They want everyone to be racist.
Well, I know all about racism because I use to be a racist, actually I was much worst than that.

But going by their logic Phil Donahue would been racist too when he had white supremacists on his talk show in the 80's. Or even CNN who just had someone on who actually identifies as a racist "Richard Spencer".

Reactions: DeafTourette

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
I live for Joe rogan threads on resetera

How the hell can anyone take that seriously. C'mon damn it. I know some folks have become brainwashed to an extent not seen since jonestown, but this is absurd.

The fringe left has become dangerous.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
It was a nice and honest Talk. I liked it. I also think Sanders is one of a few who can keep up a discussions for more than a few minutes. Unlike other candidates

CDiggity

Jan 3, 2014
Could have gone longer, but I'll take what I can. Uncut conversations like this are so much more interesting and useful than the debate shitshows.

Reactions: Dunki

JordanN

Gold Member
Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
I'm already into the first 10 minutes and Bernie continues to throw out the "numbers" salad.

You'd think for a person like me who is very interested in statistics wouldn't find him to be annoying, but Bernie just spouts stuff "the blablabla percent owns bla bla bla percent" non-stop.

You know, when I bring up statistics and data on Neogaf, I at least try to raise a point. I try to actually tie it to a solution or problem.

But Bernie. He just wants to sell you on some numbers he found on some random spreadsheet and then boom, expects magic to happen.

He's not even the fun type of nerd who even tries to teach you new things. His modus operandi is basically "Omg, did you know rich people are rich? I didn't know that, did you!?!?!?!?!".

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
I think Bernie is an idealist who does have some good ideas, the problem is he makes it sound like it will be much easier than it is.

And I do worry if he has such a grudge against big pharma and billionaires that it is blinding him in some respects, because it does seem very personal to him. And I'm not saying it's wrong for him to feel that way, but every once in a while when I hear him I do get a wee bit of a sense that getting one over on those guys is driving him just as much as helping American people.

He wants significant radical changes and an a perfect ideal scenario, yeah I guess they could be done in 4 years, but realistically, I think it's very hopeful at best. I don't think there's any chance medicare for all passes in congress or even comes close.

JordanN

Gold Member
Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Bernie: I'm going to make school tuition free.
JR: How you gonna do that?
Bernie: Tax Wall Street.

Bruh, I don't know why I'm watching this. Bernie himself doesn't come across as an unintelligent person, but he's not pragmatic.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: A Regular Guy

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
Listened to this making my way to the Goron City in BOTW. Nothing I haven’t heard before from the Bernster. So far this is the definition of a softball interview. It’s about time for elixirs.

Last edited:

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
I think Bernie is an idealist who does have some good ideas, the problem is he makes it sound like it will be much easier than it is.

And I do worry if he has such a grudge against big pharma and billionaires that it is blinding him in some respects, because it does seem very personal to him.
Yeah very idealistic.. he is a politician so he is over promising, he even says a sentence or two about minimum wage but his own campaign recently got a bit into hot water because they cant provide 15 minimum wage.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Yeah very idealistic.. he is a politician so he is over promising, he even says a sentence or two about minimum wage but his own campaign recently got a bit into hot water because they cant provide 15 minimum wage.
He isn't taking PAC or corporate donations. Just individual donors on average of $18 per person (average, not every single person).

He's highly principled. More so than most other politicians.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
He isn't taking PAC or corporate donations. Just individual donors on average of $18 per person (average, not every single person).

He is, though that's not saying much, unfortunately. Bernie's been through this dirty game before and he watched Hillary vs Trump in the general. I'm not sure he (or anyone else, for that matter) learned the most important lesson: the media is the most valuable tool in the box and playing nice won't get the job done. Trump and AOC have shown the country how it's done, but none of the 2020 Dem candidates seem willing to go that route.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018

Maybe it is his age/old look but yeah i can buy that for some weird reason.

Reactions: undrtakr900
About 15 minutes in, one thing he said that jumped out was he said Canada has just as good if not better quality of care than America with healthcare. Is that true?
If you have shitty coverage in the USA then yes. I mean it's effectively free here but you will wait for your care, sometimes months and close to years depending on the severity of your condition. Eg I needed a meniscus cleanup after blowing out my knee in bjj, took me 9 months to get the 20 min surgery.
My work counterparts in Denver and Houston were surprised it took so long.
Personally I'd like to see a mix of Canada and USA, if you have the cash pay extra and choose. Something of that nature. In general though your care in Canada will depend on what you need done

Reactions: Teletraan1

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
ate dinner and watched this

im up to where they're talking about weed

it was a nice listen, raised my eyebrow a couple times but hey, big issues and their solutions are not easy to talk about

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
If you have shitty coverage in the USA then yes. I mean it's effectively free here but you will wait for your care, sometimes months and close to years depending on the severity of your condition. Eg I needed a meniscus cleanup after blowing out my knee in bjj, took me 9 months to get the 20 min surgery.
My work counterparts in Denver and Houston were surprised it took so long.
Personally I'd like to see a mix of Canada and USA, if you have the cash pay extra and choose. Something of that nature. In general though your care in Canada will depend on what you need done
How is Canada known for their doctors? Are they regarded as having good doctors?

The wait times is definitely a concern. I've seen the worst our healthcare system has to offer here, so I can speak from experience. I was sent home from doctors because of insurance issues where they wouldn't see me. I was denied coverage for a preexisting condition(before Obamacare). That was a terrifying time in my life because I needed coverage ASAP. I've been denied medications I needed and had to file appeals and was denied to have them covered again. I've been through a lot of shit over the years.

One of the things I've seen though is that some doctors offices stopped taking Medicare. I remember making an appointment for my mom last year and the office told me they don't accept Medicare and I was like "What?? Everyone accepts Medicare" or at least I thought. It's not a lot, but they have. I fear that if we get Medicare for all it's going to lead to the conundrum of keeping private insurance or not. I've heard some of the candidates say of course you could keep your private insurance, and I think they should keep it, but if so I think many doctors are no longer going to accept Medicare and only see those who have private insurance because that means more money for them.

But then that leads to an issue you see in Canada like wait times, but I think in the US it would be way worse, because the US has a lot more people than Canada. You're going to have so many people all cramming in to see less and less doctors if they stop taking Medicare, wait times are going to be through the roof. That 9 month wait you had could be a year and a half.

And if you don't think that's the case... the wait time for a disability hearing in America is usually a year and a half. Entirely different thing I know, but that's what happens when you have so many people fighting to get seen for something and so few people who are doing it.

Last edited:

Dan27

Jun 14, 2010
How the hell can anyone take that seriously. C'mon damn it. I know some folks have become brainwashed to an extent not seen since jonestown, but this is absurd.

The fringe left has become dangerous.
Those clowns are losing their shit over this episode. They simply don't realise that they're enabling a Trump election with their attitude.

AV

Gold Member
May 31, 2018
Leeds, UK
Came for the REE takes. Wasn't disappointed. Some highlights:

This idiot created Jordan Peterson's persona, can't believe we are allowing discussion of his podcast here. Disappointed.
i think letting the right have a monopoly control on influential platforms like rogan is at its face stupid as shit
Someone needs to be fired for this.
Joe thinks he's smart and isn't, and Bernie is going to just stomp all over his show for two hours
Disgusting but can’t say I expected better. Vile
And of course everyone claiming that "Joe's audience" consists entirely of alt-right racists. Even though he's got the biggest podcast on planet earth and millions and millions of people listen to him.

pel1300

Jan 11, 2006
ERA thread on Joe Rogan w/ Tulsi Gabbard: https://www.resetera.com/threads/joe-rogan-experience-1295-tulsi-gabbard.116876/

ERA thread on this podcast: https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-is-on-the-joe-rogan-podcast.133364/

Many closet JRE fans in that thread walking on egg shells with their words, you can tell they wanna lash out on the 90% of the forum that are insane.

and LOL @ ERA thinking

-Joe Rogan would try to challenge Bernie and get destroyed. Dumb asses don't know Joe's political views are mostly the same as Bernie's.

-That Joe' audience is anti-Bernie. LOL idiots his listeners were probably begging him for years to get Bernie on. His listeners probably represent the majority of American voters: people who have a mix of left and right views and thus don't only vote left or right exclusively.

Last edited:

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
I have heard that Bernie was a white supremacist racist since 2016.
I am glad the rest of you are waking up now about this dangerous nazi among us.

Makes sense actually. Obama is now found out to have been pushing "right-wing talking points". Bernie being white supremacist racist.
This is how we roll to win over Trump in 2020 ! Throw Obama and Bernie under the bus as racist right-wingers.