• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie on JRE today !!

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Rogan doing more for Democrats than what the Democrats do for Democrats.
Just imagine how popular Bernie would be today if he had actually ran Independent, (Hillary still loses) turned those voters into voters under a new party, and could run against Trump in 2020 without all the Democratic Party baggage? Whew.

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Just imagine how popular Bernie would be today if he had actually ran Independent, (Hillary still loses) turned those voters into voters under a new party, and could run against Trump in 2020 without all the Democratic Party baggage? Whew.
The DNC baggage is even worse if you run independent unfortunately. They throttle your whole campaign with lawsuits, prevent you from getting in any debates, prevent you from getting on ballots, and smear you in the media relentlessly as pro-right wing spoiler candidate. Just ask Ralph Nader.

The best shot he has is taking over the DNC. And they are doing anything they can to stop his popularity, because they're a gang of corrupt lobbyists addicted to money.

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
Just finished with this. Why do people say amazon pays no taxes? I looked at their 10-k and they paid like 1.2 billion in the last 12 months.

*found it*

Provision for income taxes:

2016 = 1.425 billion
2017 = 769 million
2018 = 1.197 billion

Last edited:

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Just finished with this. Why do people say amazon pays no taxes? I looked at their 10-k and they paid like 1.2 billion in the last 12 months.

*found it*

Provision for income taxes:

2016 = 1.425 billion
2017 = 769 million
2018 = 1.197 billion

Last edited:

CausticVenom

Apr 27, 2018
Bernie doesn't seem to look Rogan in the face at all when he speaks, I guess this is a Bernie thing? Don't think he is doing it to be rude, maybe just a little socially awkward.

About 15 minutes in, one thing he said that jumped out was he said Canada has just as good if not better quality of care than America with healthcare. Is that true? I know about Canada's healthcare system but I know nothing about the quality of doctors and how they compare to the US.
Our medicine is objectively more innovative than any other country.

cromofo

Oct 22, 2016
Croatia
This podcast is a huge win for both Sanders and Rogan. The views, like to dislike ratio and the positive comments are nice to see. I'd like to see Sanders return for a longer podcast sometime before the primaries, or after if he gets the nomination. JRE is too big and too far-reaching to pass up on.

Reactions: DeafTourette

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
This podcast is a huge win for both Sanders and Rogan. The views, like to dislike ratio and the positive comments are nice to see. I'd like to see Sanders return for a longer podcast sometime before the primaries, or after if he gets the nomination. JRE is too big and too far-reaching to pass up on.
I'd like to see that. then Trump would end up on the cast.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Is that a site rule where you can't talk about Rogan? or did they just mean you can't make individual threads about his pod episodes?

Also, Andrew Yang supported Rogan moderating a debate today and some far left nutjobs ripped him for it calling him transphobic.

pennythots

May 14, 2019
Is that a site rule where you can't talk about Rogan? or did they just mean you can't make individual threads about his pod episodes?

Also, Andrew Yang supported Rogan moderating a debate today and some far left nutjobs ripped him for it calling him transphobic.
even hinting that you've listened to a podcast means you support nazi, transphobic bigots. I wish I was making it up but I'm not.

look at this thread on tulsi's time with rogan for another example

they trot that stupid picture out of sam harris and friends as some sort of evidence about rogans support of nazis which is insanely idiotic.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
even hinting that you've listened to a podcast means you support nazi, transphobic bigots. I wish I was making it up but I'm not.

look at this thread on tulsi's time with rogan for another example

they trot that stupid picture out of sam harris and friends as some sort of evidence about rogans support of nazis which is insanely idiotic.
Really sad and misguided. Just factually incorrect. The thing is, I think they want Rogan to be alt-right. They want everyone to be alt-right, because it would give them ammo to push their bitter, emo, angry, doomsday agenda. The more people who are alt-right the more ammo they have to play the victim, and promote that the world sucks and everyone sucks.

I can't even imagine that skeletons are in the closets of these people btw. Guarantee you many of them have done and said really fucked up shit, far worse than anything they go after people like Rogan for. But on the internet you can masquerade as flawless!

and btw Sam Harris is left leaning and hates Trump... but because he criticizes Islam.. not Muslims.. but Islam, far left people hate him. But then again they hate everyone.

Last edited: