• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie Sanders under attack. Warren confirms story where Bernie said "He didn't think a women could win the presidency"

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
CNN and The New York Times both reported on Monday that Sanders told Warren that he did not believe a woman could be elected president, during a private meeting between the progressive senators in 2018. The two outlets ran with this unconfirmed story, despite a complete lack of corroboration or real evidentiary support. Warren then claimed the report to be true in a statement:

Sen. Sanders vehemently denied Warren's claim, which still has no real substantiation. This is quite the allegation against a sitting senator, and Warren’s confirmation of the story shows that the pair’s unspoken non-aggression pact is over.

So some say that Warren made up the story after people came to conclusions that would give her an advantage, but even if that was true now that Warren herself has confirmed the rumors the Radical left will totally freak out and cut away from anyone who supports Sanders.

Had a good run though.

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
So you're saying that Bernie will stand no chance to win but still leech away votes with his die-hard supporters? Well who would have thought....

Reactions: DeepEnigma

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
May 24, 2007
honestly this is a nothing burger..
who cares if he thinks that..
he didn't suggest she wouldn't be capable of doing the job..just he doesn't think the country will vote that way.
that's his impression of the citizenry not his personal belief whether a woman can do the job.
its the typical MSM chicken little alarm ism..so predictable

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
Bernie's response

From his perspective he's saying during that meeting that Trump would simply attack any characteristic about the person they could. Did Warren then take this and telephone game it herself to now mean "Bernie says a woman can't run".

Reactions: Yoshi and Handel

TrainedRage

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
USA
I mean he is an old ass “white male”. We are surprised he is a sexist?

it’s pretty funny though. All these virtuous and self proclaimed justice warriors are all just putting on an act to get votes.

its fucking deplorable.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Bernie's response

From his perspective he's saying during that meeting that Trump would simply attack any characteristic about the person they could. Did Warren then take this and telephone game it herself to now mean "Bernie says a woman can't run".
Look I wasn't being sexist here, I was talking about how ORANGE MAN BAD is sexist. Come on guys ORANGE MAN BAD, distract distract distract ORANGE MAN.

But this seems stupid. Bernie just thinks American's won't vote for a Woman in 2020 against Trump, not that a Woman couldn't be President.

But with the fake news and cancel culture it doesn't matter. Words are meant to be twisted.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Bernie's response

That's not Bernies response, he hasn't responded yet.

That's his response to the rumors and reports from CNN and NYT BEFORE Warren confirmed those stories.

Already the Bernie Defense Force is spinning this like a fidget spinner and unlike with the rumors Bernie has not responded and has not answered questions for comment post confirmation.

Just in time for the debates, it's all over.

Dec 15, 2011
Bernie's response

What's their Ree username?

dionysus

Yaldog
May 12, 2007
Texaa
Warren lied about being Native American so she could get hired by Harvard.

Warren lied about not getting a teaching job because she was pregnant, when the record shows she was offered the job and she declined.

Now she claims once again that she is a victim of identity based discrimination. This is her playbook, it worked for most of her career. She does not get the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Any dummy can see this is Warrens last attempt to try and stop Bernies momentum because her numbers are dropping. Bernie always getting taken out by his own party is pretty funny.
Predators prey on those they see weaker and spineless. Also, he runs Independent for the senate, only takes the D for the presidential chase, instead of, you know, making noise about the restrictions that favor the two party cabals.

Who wants a "leader" that always folds like a deck of cards?

Last edited:

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
Iran is a valid attack angle on Trump

Dems: ok, let's start a woke war

Pelosi: I'll do impeachment again

Trump: Can they possibly get me 3 terms?

Bogey

May 4, 2014
Quite funny, given how many people claimed hillary didn't win because all those sexist Americans wouldn't vote for a woman (not because she was a horrendous candidate, nope - clearly she was just discriminated against by those pesky voters!)

Now bernie raises exactly those concerns internally, and suddenly the very same people who used that argument last election as a justification for the electoral loss, now somehow see bernie as a sexist.

I hope left leaning parties will eventually learn you don't exactly help your cause or win elections by listening to the extremist wing and holier-than-holy people in their own respective parties

Last edited:
Reactions: Rran

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Any dummy can see this is Warrens last attempt to try and stop Bernies momentum because her numbers are dropping. Bernie always getting taken out by his own party is pretty funny.
There actually seems to be a LOT of smears and hitpieces on Bernie coming our right now.
If it weren't for Project Veritas and the DNC being deadly enemies I would almost have thought it was coordinated.
I expect the hit-pieces and scandals to continue to surface.

The DNC will under no circumstances allow Bernie to become the candidate.

Come the primary, lets not have to ask ourselves (DNC) later, was there something we could have done but didn't do to prevent Bernie from being the candidate.

Last edited:

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
I predict that on her first question during the next DNC debate, Warren turns to Bernie with a thousand yard stare and quietly applies her war paint.

• LOL
Reactions: Handel

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Uh trump cheated on his wife and admitted to sexual assault. Bernie isn’t done by this lol

Last edited:
Reactions: octiny

daemissary

Nov 19, 2011
Uh trump cheated on his wife and admitted to sexual assault. Bernie isn’t done by this lol
Bernie wasn’t ever going to be done in by this...anyone with half a brain can see it was a totally transparent and baseless attack by Warren.

This will go down as Warren’s major gaffe like Kamala’s forced bussing attack on Biden...something that is so obviously disingenuous that everyone except her most ardent supporters will immediately jump ship.

Apr 12, 2013
Finished? Oh boy. Let's revisit this thread in a month or two shall we? I think he's weathered a bit more than this pathetic attempt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miku Miku

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
First of all, how the hell is this a newsworthy topic? Even if he had that opinion before, wouldn't it obviously have been his opinion on how the country would vote as opposed to his personal belief on whether women were qualified? I have no qualms criticizing this guy's pie in the sky policies, but calling him a sexist (via innuendo and shit stirring without a point) is way too much.

Second, is she playing the women card or the squaw card?

Last edited:

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Bernie wasn’t ever going to be done in by this...anyone with half a brain can see it was a totally transparent and baseless attack by Warren.

This will go down as Warren’s major gaffe like Kamala’s forced bussing attack on Biden...something that is so obviously disingenuous that everyone except her most ardent supporters will immediately jump ship.
Kamalas busing attack worked the first time, the issue was she tried to use it multiple times.

daemissary

Nov 19, 2011
Kamalas busing attack worked the first time, the issue was she tried to use it multiple times.
It gave her a temporary knee jerk bump because the entire Democratic base has been trying to find any excuse to jettison Biden into the sun for a full year.

Then when people actually thought about it for two seconds and realized that her position was the exact same as his and it was a disingenuous attack, like this one, and she continued to push substance free nonsense like banning Trump’s twitter, she tanked.

Handel

Jun 9, 2017
Ben Shapiro pulled up footage from 1988 where Bernie supported the notion of a female POTUS:

This is why the DNC hates Bernie's campaign, anything they try to throw at him he has video footage from 20+ years ago proving that he has long supported progress on women's rights, LGBT rights, healthcare, etc. He is consistent as fuck.

Fuck Warren's camp for this bullshit, never voting for Warren now.

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
FWIW, I don't think Warren is trying to take voters from Bernie or hurt Bern as much as she wants to try to grab the Hilary/Kamala voters who respond to simple things like sexism accusations. That more or less steals from Biden and Koublachar and maybe Pete. She is throwing Sanders under the bus to do it and I doubt it works.

Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

GloveSlap

Dec 28, 2007
You can think a woman would do a good job, want a woman to be able to win, and think a woman cant't win currently all at the same time. Its lame that one of them is lying though. Doubly so if its Warren.

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
What the heck does this have to do with the thread? Did you know they keep Pandas at the zoo?

Btw, Trump didn't admit anything, stop with the CNN talking points.
CNN is a huge fail of a news network this is not one of their talking points. My post was relevant to the thread because the premise was the Bernie was “done” because he said a woman couldn’t be elected president and in juxtaposition to the tape that leaked about trump admitting he just grabs women and kisses them without asking and sexually assaults them, this is a complete nothing burger.

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
DNC just can't fucking learn their lesson. If I thought Warren was OK tier, she just went down into garbage tier. Same old feminist garbage trying to point fingers and call everyone sexist. Maybe she just wants the presidency handed to her because she's an oppressed native woman. Also CNN being CNN and capitalizing on the "outrage" by trying to call Bernie out. I think Warren just tanked her chances given what happened with Trump when Hillary tried to pull the same BS.

Also, a lot of people are tired of Trump's reckless approach and complete lack of etiquette and eloquence in anything he does. The media and movies has recently tried to portray men as dumbasses, so a woman candidate would have a decent shot. I have strong doubts Bernie said anything.

Bernie too old and potentially unhealthy, communist
Biden too old and senile
Warren too much of a c***t
Klobuchar....she's OK
Pete is probably fine, too young
That billionaire guy

Just please bring back Yang to make this more interesting.